Reviews for Nadir
Jin Flows chapter 10 . 7/10/2006
OMG...I have quite a bit of research to do. Sebastion, brother blood is back. This is quite a bit to chew on. I had planned on reading and reviewing a few more tonight, but considering this new knowledge I must learn and consider, not to mention the whole Wally Rae Gar situation, my plate is pretty full.

One question: I'm assuming Brother Blood has some powers since he crafted Raven's new body and placed her soul within it? What are the scope of his abilities?
Jin Flows chapter 9 . 7/10/2006
God, what an intense chapter. I spent a l of energy imaganing Gar doing a subtle tranformation like that. And Raven's description of his primal instincts taking over was a great side note to give us some idea on whats going through Gar's head. It was pretty much inevitable when tension is that high, but I was never so happy to hear Vic come in to the story to take control of the situation and defuse tension. Its a sad situation for everyone involved, and I would imagine that Gar would be feeling the most torn up and struggling to find his place in this situation. He's the new boyfriend whose only objective is to stand by his love, and the last thing he wants to do is complicate her life, harboring any decisions she might have to make because her life is already complicated. He doesn't have to move on from the past and past emotions like them, he can only look at the present with regards to Rae and Wally's personal history. Its just an intense situation, and you captured perfectly.
Jin Flows chapter 8 . 7/10/2006
Roy is the man! I dig his comments through out this one! He seems really laid back and takes things in stride. He liked Rae, but he can still laugh at funny things that involved her, so he seems like a really likable guy you know? My words tonight seem to be really mish mash and incoherent to me for some reason. Like I can't form a good sentence even by accident.

So Rae and Dick kissed eh? lol, all those Rob and Rae fanfics are starting to make more sense, and I wondered how Dick and Star would interact with all of their history. Sad really, I really wanted them to get together and have a great kind of love, but from what I hear and remember, he was too focused on work for her and proposed as a means to prevent to the inevitable break up. I think thats why I like Gar so much, he is relaxed and open enough to have a good relationship. He can seperate himself and his work, where as it seems that the two cannot be so easily separeted when looking at Dick.
Jin Flows chapter 7 . 7/10/2006
I totally understand that akward feeling between Flash and Rae. Its hard to find a comfortable level between two people who had feelings for each other right after something like that. Trying to find that level of closeness and relaxed air that existed between the two of you before all of the drama that ensueded seems to take a lot of time or impossible to find.

It became more apparent in this chapter that Raven has more years than Superboy and Kid Flash. once you mentioned it, it became unavoidable you know?

The knowledge tap you did was freaking amazing! I love how you described it and how it made new roads in her head where the information was stored. Kick ass job!
Jin Flows chapter 6 . 7/5/2006
O I am so hitting up Wikipedia! I got it bookmarked because its like a second home. I search it atleast twice a day, its the newest thing since shoe strings! O man, you have no idea how much I love this chapter. The comedy in it was just perfect!

Popcorn from the last presidential election, picking up trash bags, someone cheating at uno! Uno! I love it! The comments about Raven and Starfire, just completely great to me! I also felt my heart sigh with joy when Slade reacted to the mentioning of his son. I am always a sucker for villians showing softer emotions. The Calculator intrigues me, I think it was the comparing him to The Oracle that truly let it sink in what a power play he can be. A kind of Facilitator for things in which morals can get in the way. I Also forgot to mention how excited I am that the Titans will be working with JLU, or is it JLA still?

From your previous reply, yeah, I can see what a tough position BB and Rae are in. She wanting to do her job, and he wanting to protect her while still letting her be herself. Its like those families who hate, yet respect their brothers and sisters, or mothers and fathers who put their lives on the line in their jobs. Its something you can't really take for granted, because then thats when something critical happens to wake you up. Being a superhero is not easy.
Jin Flows chapter 5 . 7/4/2006
This reminds me of something... hmm. Oh yeah! This episode of the anime Black Cat in which one character is telling another character to quit being so selfish putting his life on the line. He said that, "Your life doesn't belong to you alone." Because it effects many people. That thought just crossed my mind. I am stuck, I really want something to be done about Jericho because he seems like a victim who got shafted. Risks are always a part of the situation.
Jin Flows chapter 4 . 6/30/2006
Wow, this chapter is stuffed with great treats! I love the whole Wally/Rae angle you put in this one. Their interaction was akward and necessary. I also really love the scene in which Rae and Gar meditate together and she takes him inside of her. The questions they ask themselves are pretty huge and I love them for that. The story of Jericho seems especially sad to me. So since those numbers aren't there. does that mean that Jericho might escape? Just wow, this chapter has a lot of great things going on. I hope you have an amazing weekend!
Jin Flows chapter 3 . 6/29/2006
That was awesome! My first thought was "Woah, did they? Could they have... no way!" Better than that happening, you played it off so well! Gar just seems like the perfect lover for Rae, so gentle and caring and protective, yet confident enough for it to not be overbearing! I love her reaction to experiencing his dream like that. Wow, that gave me the biggest unexpected smile over my face. Rock on!
Jin Flows chapter 2 . 6/28/2006
lol, underage, thats just so funny! I forget that she is in a new body and still in high school, so of course she would be considered underage. Though I do wonder who the person is in this chapter. At first I thought Starfire when you said auburn hair, even if Star has flaming red hair.
Jin Flows chapter 1 . 6/27/2006
You know, I almost forgot how much I love your author notes at the end of chapters. Right when the question of who was who started to take up all the room in my head, here you come to key me in so I can enjoy everything without wondering whats what. That’s a great habit you have, to make everything relateable. When you had Raven call Gar Beloved in the beginning of this chapter, my first thought was of this girl who dated one of my friends in high school. She talked like that and it was immensely appealing because it just fit her so well, like a character out of a book with the proper setting and everything, and now I see it fitting Raven as well. Again, I find myself in awe of how your writing melts the day away. What a wonderful escape. I apologize for the delay in my ritualistic reviews, my wireless internet connection is once again, on the constant fritz. I may have to use a second computer just to keep up with my normal schedule. Because now that I’ve started, things must run like clockwork. This will be a very good month.
MrStolpe chapter 18 . 6/22/2006
I loved it, I can't wait to read Dawn Child. Wonderful Story. Very different from the TV Show, I never really got into comics, I've read all of 10(?) comic books. After this I think it might be a good idea to take a look at more.
6StringSamurai13 chapter 2 . 6/21/2006
Hrm...interesting chapter. I was, and still am a tad confused about who this mystery lady is...I guess we'll find out a lot more in the next installment of your epic.
6StringSamurai13 chapter 1 . 6/21/2006
Took me long enough to finally get to reviewing! Cute first chapter, and an adorable way to start the story. Loved the cloudwatching scene; it was so peaceful, which really balances the tension later in the story. Great job on the dialogue between BB and Raven; they make such a cute mental image. Onto the next chapter!
Kryptocow chapter 9 . 6/16/2006
AH Wally, stop being such an ass!

"Why am I having to be the adult here?"

Heh, exactly. Poor Bart.

Sigh. It was nice that he (Wally) at least tried to reach out to her at the beginning. Ah well...
Kryptocow chapter 8 . 6/16/2006
::obligatory Nightwing is a Dick pun goes here:: Gez, everyone hates Raven, eh. ( Can't they just let her be?

Whee, Starfire. ) I've missed her.
102 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »