Reviews for The Long Way Around
Jennygeee chapter 13 . 3/29/2007
I really enjoyed this! I felt so sorry for Dean, being so badly injured and having both John and Sam leave him! I don't know how he was able to forgive them, but this is Dean and he would forgive his family anything. I'm glad he got the impala back, I'm suprised he let Sam get away with taking it from him. What happened to the prequel you were going to write? I see you have started a sequel, I will start that now.

Well done on a story very well written - I loved it!
Carikube chapter 13 . 2/24/2007
I printed this out and finally finished reading it this morning after months of knowing it was sitting there waiting for me to finish. I adore this. The comparative ordinariness of it actually breaks my heart more than the evil that stalks them.

You captured Dean so well. He is his mother's son, and that she was torn from him at such a young age is the cruelest of things that could have happened to him. Dean needed her moreso than Sam (who is more like John that he'd probably ever care to admit).

There are so many lines in this that made my heart clench. Dean's affection for the dog. I could so see that. And Natalie. *sigh* It makes sense that they didn't end up together, both were broken when they met. They mended each other but that's all they were meant to be. I understand that, and it makes me ache and feel warm at the same time. Dean will find someone, and I note with great interest that you have a sequel already going. Your fiction *demands* to be read in a printed format, as though it were a novel. So, I will wait until the story is finished before commencing that one.

Thank you for sharing, this story stands out as one of my favorites for the true human emotion within it. It squeezes something inside me, and makes me a better person. Thank you!
K Hanna Korossy chapter 13 . 11/13/2006
I loved the idea of this fic-even though it's painful, it provides such a great foundation for rediscovery and renewal, becoming, as Sam said, brothers again. I'm not sure I can buy that he would have run out on Dean like that, but playing along he has, I can see their reuniting happening much like this, slow but with love that hasn't dimmed with hurt and separation. I really liked the way you had Sam slowly regaining Dean's trust. I also liked that the sign of Dean's real healing is that he's able to face his mom's grave again. That was a really nice touch.

The end really came too suddenly, though. I'm not certain why this situation would have been such a catharsis for Dean to end up crying at his mother's grave and in John's arms, nor what exactly this means-the story seems to be at first about making repairs with Sam but then ends up seemingly about something very different. Especially when they don't even really end up together. It was hugely disappointing after all this that Dean takes off without him. I thought the story was about him finding himself, and yet here he's going off to do the same. So the end was kinda disappointing. But the rest was definitely enjoyable, and thought-provoking. Poor guys. :)
Ster1 chapter 13 . 11/12/2006
Congrats on an awesome story! The ending was lovely, although I was also sad that the brothers didn't stay together. But I guess it would make sense that Dean would need some time to process everything that happened.

Looking forward to reading more of your work!
purehalo chapter 13 . 11/10/2006
Such a wonderful ending to such a beautiful story, that scene by the grave really swelled my heart

blue-oyster-cult-love chapter 13 . 11/10/2006
tears are just falling down my face. i have no other way to explain to you how amazing that last chapter was. nice work, i'm gonna miss the story...]
Becomingwhaturmeantobe chapter 13 . 11/10/2006
I'm like crying. That was extremely sad but also extremey amazing. Awesome job!
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 13 . 11/9/2006
My damned computer at home keeps blocking the pop up window for reviewing so I had to wait until I got to work.

Really enjoyed this story although I hated that Dean didn't stay with Sam and John. Good job, ta for letting me in.
MistyEyes chapter 13 . 11/9/2006
That was such a sad but sweet ending!
Lilly B chapter 13 . 11/9/2006
great story...the ending was so sad, but i liked how you ended it with him saying goodbye to his mom. great job!
Spooky-Girl chapter 13 . 11/9/2006
One word : beautiful.
L'insomnie des etoiles chapter 13 . 11/8/2006
Great end! I like the fact that dean leaves alone and doesn't know what to do. Your story was really great, thanks!
princess peanut chapter 1 . 11/8/2006
Okay, let me wipe my eyes first! That was such an emotional ending! I'm still a little unsure why they aren't all together, but I guess I get it. That didn't make sense! Seriously, that was a beautiful ending. You should take a bow, you did a wonderful story! Thanks for a wonderful read.
alwaysateen chapter 13 . 11/8/2006
Wow! Great ending. I really love that story, thanks for that.
stealthyone chapter 13 . 11/8/2006
Good to see Dean and Sam finding their way back to each other. It’s hard imagining them being away from each other for a long period of time, after everything they’ve been through, so I’m glad that, at the end of this story, they’re making significant inroads with each other.

Favorite lines:

“What made him start talking again?”

John nodded ahead at the windshield. “This stretch of road right here. He realized we were going to see your mother and started screaming at the top of his lungs.”

Oh, *Dean.* Poor kid. *hugs him*

Thanks for a good read. :)