Reviews for Act II, Scene XXIII
The Darkness Factor chapter 1 . 1/17/2014
Whoa, this is really clever! I bet Shakespeare would've been all over their story if he'd been alive to see it. You did a great job of writing all the lines. I enjoyed it a lot.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/14/2013
Hilarious, I love it!
Nisha A. Hailm chapter 1 . 3/22/2013
Wow I love it :)
Morbid DramaQueen10 chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
As a fan of both the Bard and George Lucas's sci-fi masterpiece, I am dying. This a beautiful.
Veritable Ocean chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
This is fabulous. True to the scene, true to Shakespeare, and a million times better than the actual script :).
Love and Rock Music chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
This is glorious; I kneel at thy feet. Seriously dying right now, THIS IS SO AWESOME WHERE HAS IT BEEN ALL MY LIFE. BRB GOING TO REC THIS TO ALL MY FRIENDS
StarGirl chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
Very well done; very Shakespeare-like. Your meter was well done. Funny to read.
frodogenic chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
Lordamercy, I don't know whether I should laugh or applaud! The very idea of prequel Anakin saying anything like this shoots me right into a fit of hysterics. On the other hand...it's just so much BETTER...

But - on the more serious side, I was pleasantly impressed, because I fully admit that when I clicked on this link I was expecting an atrocity and instead I got a perfectly credible Shakespeare imitation. :) Hands down the best specimen of poetry on . And now my mind is off remembering an article I once read comparing Padme to Desdemona in Othello...
AnonymouslyUnknown chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
Wow. This is so amazing! I love Shakespeare and this scene and you have combined them beautifully. It is exactly as Shakespeare would have written it and so believable! Astounding and Epic just begin to describe it. I love it!
aeternium chapter 1 . 7/17/2010
I'm really very impressed. You know the ins and outs of Bard's language and apply them wonderfully to a scene that I really think could have made it into one of his plays had he ever branched out into sci-fi. ;) Bravo on a job well done!
Hieiko chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
Excellent. I'll probably learn to appreciate Shakespeare now :)
S chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
Just awesome. So much better than that farce of a movie.
Jasper01 chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
Brilliant, just brilliant. The movie dialogue had me cringing all the way through, you have resurrected that scene for me. It is now tolerable to watch. Well done.
Gwinna chapter 1 . 2/20/2009
You are a genius. Anakin/Padme by Shakespeare win, and you do a really good job both preserving what happens in the scene and imitating Shakespeare's style. I could almost believe he actually wrote it (I suppose he would have used more archaic words); if you included quotes as the challenge says, I can't tell which they are. My favorite part is probably:

...yet should I leave thy presence dear

Aught else would be to me the airless void

Between the stars, which steals both life and breath.

because the imagery is at the same time so Shakespearean and so Star Wars-y. But the whole thing is brilliant.

Now I wish I could read the whole prequel trilogy as he would have written it. It would make an awesome tragedy.
pronker chapter 1 . 3/31/2008
Hi, here via crack_van on LJ. Marvelous work. I particularly like Anakin's "I am thy slave," harkening to his original state in life. Interesting that he wants to be one again; it says a lot about his frame of reference.