Reviews for Waiting For Rescue
Alerix Slynn chapter 4 . 8/21/2010
A Brilliant Story! I loved every chapter and cant wait to see what else you've written, It would be cool to have a sequel but this story can also stand on it own.

Really great work.
Wee.Doctor chapter 4 . 2/17/2009
ah... another great story, have also read this story once before. loved it then, loving it now ;)

please dont stop writing SGA stories, you are doing great!

good work!

twinchaosblade chapter 4 . 8/30/2007
Great story, flah7! Especially the first two chapters were marvellous with extremely suspenseful writing. Your descriptions and characterizations were fantastic, and there were some fine twists in this story.

The only thing I thought was a little uncharacteristic, was Rodney being quite a bit acerbic when Carson woke up for the first time. I tend to think he would have been a bit more appreciative to get his first answer that actually made sense from the doc.

Way to go! I'm always looking forward to reading your stories!
Risauna chapter 4 . 1/21/2007
I thought that this story was very well written. I especially loved the first 2 chapters! Great job.
Gundambaby chapter 4 . 10/20/2006
a bit too detailed in the beginning, but fine fine fic :)

Carson the broccoli... maybe sb should do a paint on it XD
Sepik chapter 4 . 9/24/2006
I loved it! The vivid immagery in the beginning set the mood so well... I could see the entire place, and the ash/snow falling silently on the ground. It was eery.

The end scene of them all eating together was priceless, and really sweet.

This was a great fic. :D
Jaws chapter 4 . 7/23/2006
Very good, I enjoyed this story . . . keep up the good work!
Beth Green chapter 4 . 7/8/2006

I've only recently discovered Stargate: Atlantis and the wonderfulness of all things Rodney. Certain fen at this year's MediaWest Con (this past the Memorial Day weekend) persuaded me to take a peek at their favorite fandom and I was immediately hooked. When I got home, I purchased the Season One DVD set and started going through the fanfic. I'm amazed at the sheer volume of stories out there. To sort through it all, I've been going from one author's recs to another.

NotTasha directed me to your stories. (We Mag7 folk have to stick together. :) Although you seem to have a bias toward Sheppard (I suppose I can see the attraction), I was doing the happy dance of joy when I came across your Rodney-centric story, 'Waiting for Rescue.'

You did an excellent job of giving the reader a perspective on things from Rodney's skewed POV. You made the reader feel Rodney's helplessness and abandonment, as well as his pain.

Speaking of his pain, I whimpered along with Rodney after reading this description:

Frustration built, knotting his abdominal muscles, clenching his jaw, bulging masseter muscles and inadvertently flexing leg muscles. Broken bones shifted. Splintered ends of bones that were not meant to be splintered crossed paths with electrifying intensity and pain so pure that it brought tears to his eyes.

McKay ground his teeth and hissed in his breath as he clutched cautiously at his thigh. It shifted his shoulder. A desperate gurgle bubbled forth. His hand froze near his injured thigh, praying his leg would not flair with pain.

Quadriceps flexed and knotted, his knee bent and his calf muscles bound and balled like the punishing fists of a fanatic. Rodney rolled to his left uncaring of his injured shoulder until he jostled it. Still, he rolled and curled into himself dragging his broken leg closer to his chest, dragging his limp ankle and foot through the fine soot of debris and destruction.

He lay panting, eyes squeezed shut with such intensity that little sparks of light flittered and flashed behind closed lids. His stomach rolled and bile rose.

At that moment, he hated the Pegasus Galaxy.

Of course he did! Poor baby!

At least you had Sheppard quite rightly come to his rescue.

Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful story.
Hettie chapter 4 . 6/23/2006
You are so good at this! Your descriptive abilities make me use all my senses. (I am particularly jealous of that.)

You have also nailed these characters. Their thoughts and dialogues ring so true.

Thanks for sharing your considerable gift of words.

Amaq Iraluq chapter 4 . 6/22/2006
Very good story.
emergencyfan chapter 4 . 6/14/2006
Loved the bits about the misspellings on the cast, nice touch of humor. And as always, great Beckett whumping!
emergencyfan chapter 3 . 6/14/2006
“Miscalculated equations had been written on his cast down near his ankle just out of his reach. It drove him to distraction.” – HA! Would love to know who wrote those…Zelenka or Kavanagh?
emergencyfan chapter 1 . 6/14/2006
Your imagery is great as usual! I love the humor sprinkled in here and there. “Simply amazing, and Sheppard wasn’t even with them to blame”, “Rodney could understand why Phillips insisted that McKay accompany his team off world...He was just incredibly useful to have around”, and “Well, unless it was his own blood…and well then, blind panic was expected. His blood after all was unduly precious”
Tinycoward chapter 1 . 6/12/2006
Tried to leave a review earlier and FFnet ate it!

Heres another try.

Yeay! Another heatherF classic! You've got the boys down pat and I adore the scenes at the end with the cast ( he!) and the canteen. As ever, excellent stuff! Can't wait for more ma'am.
GateBiscuit chapter 4 . 6/11/2006
Lovely tweaks! Oh, but you have a twisted mind. Covering somebody's leg cast with math errors and typos? GENIUS! Evil genius, but still! Loved the team rallying around Beckett. And as always, you throw in the best damn side details - like Dex holding a fork in one hand...and still eating with his fingers on the other. Fabulous story! Made my day!

But I'm telling you, if I ever break a bone, I'm not letting you anywhere NEAR my cast.
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »