Reviews for The Notebook
Rizaidym chapter 14 . 1/28/2013
I've also seen "itadakimasu" translated as "bon appetit" which was hilarious. Sure, it's a rather accurate translation...just not to English.
Guest chapter 20 . 12/10/2012
Extremely interesting, after seeing this end on such a tense moment, I wish more had been written. The notebook idea was very good, in fact it may be just what Rei needs. In canon, I believe word of god has stated that it was not that she did not feel emotions, but rather that she did not know how to express them. A notebook, where she can slowly begin to wonder and reflect on her feelings, allows her to become more and more in touch with herself. I feel that this is very realistic in that regard. I was slightly confused at how quickly Rei came to realize she didn't like Gendo, and even commented on it. However, I think people have a confusing view on how she thinks of Gendo. She is still willing to follow his orders, afterall, and to him that is all that matters. Also, in this world, Rei is much closer to Shinji than in canon, and even there she chose Shinji over Genod in the end. I think people often mistake how much Rei actually was attached to Gendo and his plans. In EoE she basically rejected him, and it was because she was emotionally stunted that, in the end, her lack of emotions for the commander is what undid his plans. Very interesting fic, wish it had been developed further. Seeing how Ritsuko went on, and how rei continued to advance would have been nice.
Sovereign Beta chapter 20 . 3/10/2011
Wow.

Just...wow.

This is one of the best stories about Rei I have ever read, right up there with "Folded Wings" and "Touch'". Characterization is spot-on (no matter what you say), and you've got me cheering for Rei up 'til 2:30 on a school night as she breaks out of her shell.

Amazing job, man!
WiseAbsol chapter 20 . 10/9/2010
Hey there, Hamstadini.

I'm uncertain whether I've reviewed this story before or not. If I haven't, I will have to amend that sometime, since this is arguably my favorite "Evangelion" fanfiction on the web. Not only do you use the manga as the foundation of your story - reading it was originally how I got into the NGE universe, as opposed to the anime - but this also focuses on the developing relationship between Shinji and Rei, which I happen to adore. There is so much going for this fic: you have a style that is descriptive yet to the point, it keeps the characters in character, the deviations from the manga are believable and intriguing, and I can't help but eagerly await to see how this story unfolds. Unfortunately, you have no updated this fic in quite some time, which could be explained through a variety of reasons. Maybe you are no longer interested in this fic, or fanfiction in general (you haven't updated your other stories either). Maybe you just haven't had the time or motivation - I could understand that, as I'm in college and don't get much time to focus on my own stories. Or maybe, god forbid, something has happened to you personally that has kept you from writing, though you may want to. I can't know what the reason is.

However, I do wish you would revisit this story, because of how promising it is. I've read it over a few times now, have had ideas for where the plot might be going, and sorely wish that it would continue. Actually, I believe we may have even discussed a certain aspect of it at one point - that white kitten, and what it's fate will be in your story. Regardless, I'm still interested in this fic, and hope it will not remain in stasis - especially because we are so close to finally reading the end of the manga, so I'm interested to see your take on the later chapters. Plus, the "Rebuild" movies continue to draw me back to this fandom, and I can't help but wonder what you think of them. Have you seen either of the first two, by the way...?

At any rate, I hope you are well, and congrats on this fic making it to 400 reviews! ;)

Sincerely,

Abby
loli-neechan chapter 20 . 11/16/2009
OMG! it's so good :D u've got to continue it ;-; it's AMAZING srly! i read it all in one go and i fell in with it so please do make more
Noyesno chapter 20 . 8/26/2009
Great story!
BRANCCH chapter 20 . 3/26/2009
Nice story! Pls update soon!
Pandemonium13 chapter 4 . 9/11/2008
Please continue the story. This is definitely in my top five Shinji/Rei stories ever.
Crouching Tiger Hidden Shizuru chapter 20 . 7/13/2008
I really like the style this is in.

No OOC-ness.

Grammar, sehr gut.

Spelling, Fantastich.

Interesting, and made we want to read more.
mangafreak7793 chapter 20 . 3/26/2008
is this fic dead..., PLEASE UPDATE
funvince chapter 15 . 12/20/2007
Heh, you have a talent for banter. This is definitely one of your funnier chapters. Rei gave as good as she got. And go Shinji! I didn't think he had it in him.
funvince chapter 9 . 12/20/2007
While I agree to some extent that Rei would have to mirror Shinji's thoughts in some manner to emulate him, I think you went a little too far in having Rei know him to such a specific degree. That would require her to have more perception and empathy than even most regular people.

Other than that, I liked it. You're managing to get in more description without losing Rei's dry tone. You managed to have Shinji and Rei both confront Asuka in a way that felt believable.
funvince chapter 5 . 12/20/2007
I was a bit worried that Gendo was actually going to read the notebook. I was even more surprised that she carried it around with her in such an obvious fashion though I suppose she wouldn't feel a need to hide it.

Rei's thoughts are humorous at times. It's even funnier when I realize that she intends to be completely serious. It's interesting that she seems quite skilled at analyzing the emotions of others but not herself. Her definition of beauty is intriguing as I have never thought of the concept in such a manner before.
funvince chapter 2 . 12/20/2007
I'm amazed that I have somehow overlooked this story, but I don't read as much fanfic as I used to. The plot has barely begun and yet I'm already hooked. I'm definitely reading the rest of this.

I think you've captured Rei's voice quite well. Of course her writing would be analytical and to the point. I'd be surprised if it was any other way at this point. The idea of a notebook spawning changes really appeals to me as it is such a simple yet also brilliant idea.
Adam chapter 20 . 9/8/2007
Great story. Now could you PLEASE update already?