Reviews for Misplaced
TOSoldtimer chapter 1 . 6/5
Wow! Beautifully done. For a while, I thought Kenshin was Rurouni again, but couldn't figure out why. And Kenji was terrific.
DuoFox00 chapter 1 . 4/3
Awww the ending was sweet. Poor Kenshin got injured and poisoned
Goat and Kid! What a delightful, skilfully-woven crossover :D Jotaro! And best of all, they return safely to Kaoru. Beautiful characterisation all around, and even the slow steady narration feels a little Usagi Yojimbo. Thanks for sharing!
orchid14 chapter 1 . 2/9
Wow, you really got me there. I thought you killed off Kaoru-chan just like that. Such a good story. Thank youuuu! *hugs*
A Midsummer chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
You've done a little too well, that you did. My heart broke you know, I thought...no, Kenji. Kenshin's Koishii. No. I don't think the trauma is..gods, don't even need some kind of tragic shit like Seishouhen. I was so worried! Kaoru, Kaoru...
moonschild chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
i love it! thank you!
Sangome chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
This was beautiful... At first I thought maybe something happened to Kaoru, but I didn't want to believe it. I'm glad it has a happy ending, because God knows these characters earned it. Made me cry, but I thank you for that.
pinaydilag chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
Beautifully sad or sadly beautiful I really couldn't tell but surely it is beautiful.

As I was reading this, another story popped in my mind. I thought this sounded like "Only Waiting," a story I found delectably painful. I was haunted by that story ever since I read it. And you would imagine my great surprise to learn it was written by the same author! I really applaud your writing skill.

I should say that you got a big hit on me. I was terribly sad in almost the entire course of the story; especially the part where Kenshin contemplates about his wife thorugh his son... I agree, you are evil! haha.

The story made me feel like my heart was ripped open and you just have to be generous enough to put salt and lime juice on it. Hahah. I was just... I bought it hard core!

Thank you for sharing this beautiful story. It would now be one of those unforgettable ones that I will recall whenever I want to have a good read. I love Kenshin and Kaoru and I always thought they should be given a better chance in life. And together sounded good. A loving son would be better. And a peaceful family life in love is the best gift.

I hope to read more from you. Thanks again.
Mizuki1988 chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
...Well, if your aim was to unsettle the reader, you did an amazing job. Up till the very end I thought that Kaoru was dead and Kenshin and Kenji were wandering alone and God, I thought that KENSHIN was dead because of the poison, and my heart hurt and I was going to throttle your for writing such heart-wrenching angst for a character who has already experienced so many bad things in his life... And I even cried and thought I would be recovering for several hours from the onslaught of negative emotions and once again I wanted to kill you for writing such a damn sad story... But then you went and turned the tables and I was so HAPPY that I just had to review, and I don't do that very often... So consider yourself lucky. This was one HELL of a story.
shadow of the lost chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
this is amazing! i can't believe someone can write this! it was an absolutely beautiful piece of work! thank you!
poems2songs chapter 1 . 10/8/2009
nice story... really liked it... good job... great work!
IOTR chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
I love your writing style and characterization :)

Very melancholic, but amazing story!
Raberba girl chapter 1 . 11/27/2008
I really, really like how Kenshin tells his son to be better than him. It's very in-line with his character.

Great fic, recommended to me by skenshingumi. The only problem I have with it is that Kenji seems to act older than his age; I think he ought to be at least seven, not five (and swords are heavy!). But the whole image of the rurouni pushing a baby cart along with his young son in it was really sweet, and you did a good exploration of Kenshin's feelings on being a rurouni and especially on being an aging swordsman. It's kind of nice to see Kenji actually liking his father, and I'm also very glad that Kaoru is not dead. :)
Alientrashcans chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
Well written! And I'll admit that you did achieve your goal well enough to "mislead" me (I used quotes because Kenshin was "misplaced" and I "mislead"). Excellent job on the action and emotional appeal, too. I would have it no other way.

One thing though... realistically, could a young boy, who's age be counted on one hand, carry/wield a sakabatou or any sword for that matter? Just a question. The fact that he could bravely care what I'm sure was a heavy sword make it all the more cute Protecting his father with all his might. Very loving.

One last thing...I think you would do fabulous if you did a gory scene. Maybe do a Holocaust scene where Kaoru is a Jew and Kenshin a hired nazi who works with Aoshi and Saito. Enishi being the leader (and in case anyone reads this and thinks it sounds familiar it does. I was on another website before all the data was lost and the author never continued or even brought it back up)...Just a suggestion, though. Open to anyone at this point.
junuca gaki chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
you sure fooled me. I thought had kaoru died or something. great story, I really enjoyed it. congratulations on a job well done!
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »