Reviews for One Way or Another
Edeline chapter 3 . 6/9/2006
I said before that I liked the way you described the regret that followed the events in the first part, and I really like the way that the story goes back to that pivotal moment and the events turn out differently. Everyone wishes that they could change something in their life and this is an amazing chance. Also liked the certainty of Alexander that it was meant to be but also the recognition that things happen that mean that it can't be. I really really enjoyed it. ( i shouldn't use the word 'really' so much but i don't have a better one, sorry!)
angstman chapter 3 . 6/9/2006
WOW.. I do really love this ending. So this is a story about matter of choice, right? Depend on what Heph choose to do on that particular day, but no matter what Heph choose, the result are the same. He would finally belong to Alexander at the end. Great work !

Hug
CoralDawn chapter 3 . 6/9/2006
Ah... that's so satisfying with the gods themselves taking a hand and turning back the hands of time. At the end of Chapter 2, one is left with a sense of sadness of what could not be, a shared childhood and adolescence and true friendship. Which, however one looks at it, would be quite difficult between an adult officer and the King. But Alexander's deep faith in what is meant to be and in the gods' blessings, makes the impossible happen.

Thanks for this lovely story, M! After the last chapter, I had visions of Superman in his anger spining Earth back a few turns to go back a few days in time and save Lois Lane from dying in the earthquake. Here, it's like Father Zeus spun back Earth ten or more years to make his son happy and find his destined other half.
Lysis chapter 3 . 6/8/2006
Well, if you're a marshmellow, you're obviously a very sweet marshmellow. The image of little Alexander with the ball, standing alone in the courtyard, looking for a playmate really upset me. I hate to admit it, but there's something about your stories that make me cry, and the image of lonely, little Alexander did. I'm so glad you ended the story the way you did. I did cheat and read the ending, of course, how could one not? Esp. with Ann-Katrin helping you with the "more magical" influences. What a perfect little story, I can see her hand in. I love your work, "sigh". I'm sure if he were alive Alexander would also.
khepri2 chapter 3 . 6/8/2006
Very clever - you had me thinking it was going to go all wrong at the end of chapter two and now it was only Alexander having a dream, or a premonition or whatever and ensuring his pride didn't lose him a friend! Who talks too much?
Fredericka chapter 2 . 6/8/2006
Okay, I think I may have... sort of...might have...could have...should have... figured out where this intriguing tale is headed, but please, please post the next chapter soon so I can rest!
purple lolly chapter 3 . 6/8/2006
Beautiful :)
Edeline chapter 2 . 6/8/2006
This is a great story. I was a little surprised at how quickly it moved along in the second part but it worked really well. I really liked how you described Hephaestion's regret and how he can't stop thinking about it. Looking forward to the next part.
purple lolly chapter 2 . 6/8/2006
Nicely updated

I am glad to see that Alexander got in there first(Excuse the pun). The frist half of the chapter made me smile ee putting Hephiastion off while trying to do his job.

Be extra speedy with the next chapter what will Narcissus think

Please
angstman chapter 2 . 6/8/2006
WOW.. what a nice update. I didn't expect Alexander going to claim his Heph that fast but it have a good reasons for it. Also, I can understand Heph feelings at the end too that he must be confuse and no matter what, he didn't spend his childhood with alexander and there is no turning back. I wonder how Alexander is going to take this forward.

Thanks for a wonderful story
khepri2 chapter 2 . 6/8/2006
This is really working so well and giving a different light on how they would make a solid commitment without all the years together as children. A joy to read, as always
CoralDawn chapter 2 . 6/7/2006
O... what have we here? An Alexander who takes charge, and goes full-throttle for what he wants, his newly recruited logistics officer! Poor Hephaistion had been only dreaming and hoping, but Alexander seemed to know exactly what he wanted. This Alexander seems very like the historical Alexander who seemed to know the mind of his enemies and friends and their psychology very well. Still, I have this weird feeling that all is not what it seems... though very nice, what happened in this chapter seems a bit too good to be true. Or perhaps it is exactly as it did happen - and it was a sad, pale reflection of what could have been. Hmm... strokes chin, in deep thought.
queen-isabell chapter 2 . 6/7/2006
You know how I kind of feel about this... it's like the beginning of a beautiful, poignant love story... and the history gets in the way! Because of course now they don't have much of a future together because doing so would be denying all the conventions, etc. as this is Ancient Greece we're talking about!

I'm really interested in how you're going to end this, and I can see what you mean now when you said you gave up on it a few times. But please don't! It's really heart-rendering so far, though I would have loved to see Alexander telling us more about how he felt during those years of separation.

Anyway I'll stop the rambling. I love it and are waiting eagerly for the next part. If this is the kind of thing you throw in your recycle bin, please give me the heads up so I can go to your house and collected it lol!
rose.amaranthe chapter 2 . 6/7/2006
Oh this story is excellent so far! I really have enjoyed reading it and I look forward to the next installation. I apologize that I don't have a long analytical review but there's not much that I can say other than I really like this!
Lysis chapter 2 . 6/7/2006
Gods! I can't adequately explain all the feelings your story compel to me. It's just brilliant and so sad at the same time. To think of Alexander waiting all those years for Hephaistion, and Hephaistion waiting, wanting to be with Alexander, but never knowing or having the courage to put his own desires ahead of his parents. I'm so glad they finally came together. I loved the humor Alexander showed with Narcissus, it was a great way to open a story. Yet, the ending seems so sad, almost with a foretelling of tragedy. I hate it and love it and that's really good! You also write such hot love scenes! I adore them! More, more,, more, more, please, esp. the love scenes. Elizabeth
42 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »