Reviews for Hellmask
Razer Athane chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
Great oneshot about an excellent character. You captured it very well.
Saiyavenger chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
We totally need more Toby fanworks.
Uh.yeah chapter 1 . 8/30/2006
Oh, great. I loved the 6 detail.

And I also thought it was great how you managed to show how Toby was feeling all distracted and edgy, while also giving him a really human character. And I think his disjointed thoughts being broken by the 'beast' was vair good.

All in all, a rather effective fic. :D
Paine jnr chapter 1 . 6/14/2006
You know ,the on thing that spoiled the Satan Pit for me was that they killed Toby! I mean, it would have been SO cool if they have saved him. But anyway, cool fic, and thanks for the PM
Cassy24601 chapter 1 . 6/10/2006
Oh wow, that was great, quite close to tonight's episode too. It was interesting to see inside his head when he was possesed but also the way you kept some humanity in him. This was really well written.

He was great in tonight's episode - shame they had to kill him but oh well! I am rather worried now though - "The lost child who will die in battle" - eek!

I hope you'll write a story set in The Satan Pit episode now - hint hint! :D
Zombie Kitty chapter 1 . 6/10/2006
wow cool, thanks for reviewing my impossible planet fic - and well done on this one, really gets inside Toby's mind - i had another idea actually, for when Scootie is reaching out to demonic Toby, the thoughts in her mind before she comes to her senses and says 'No, you can't be!' and tries to escape - even that sentance has several different meanings - no, toby can't be dead, no, toby can't be standing, breathing and alive in a place with no oxygen, and my personal favourite - no toby can't really be Satan...
Terriah chapter 1 . 6/8/2006
Very nice p.o.v Nice to get one from the bad guy soory goodguyinbadguymode. lol, i like the depth of toby's character and can't wait for saturday!

xhx
InactiveNotUsed chapter 1 . 6/7/2006
I like this a great deal - it's a nice little look inside the mind of a man who is about to be possessed. The little touches of personality we see (his vanity shown by the words "beautiful hands" is lovely, for example) work very well.

The disjointed quality of the piece is very effective too; it shows him as worried and distracted, which I think is in keeping with the original source material.

The one suggestion I would make is have the "voice" (the Beast or whoever the second part of the episode will reveal it to be!) speak directly to him later on - or, rather, have something speak to him - something which the reader can realise the is the Beast.

For example;

Dear Lord - oh, you stopped believing in God a long time ago, but you'll believe in me - what was happening to him!

The Beast seemed to be a taunting, cruel creature in the TV episode, and I think that a reflection of that would be good.

But, this is great work. I don't think he is going to be okay, though - I suspect he might get sonic-screwdriven to death, or perhaps kill himself, or perhaps he'll just get sucked into the black hole . . .

We wait for Saturday to find out!
jamieg2892 chapter 1 . 6/7/2006
cool story! since it wuz devil day yesterday nothing much happened. ah well...
Tindomiel chapter 1 . 6/7/2006
nice. i thought you could have explored more the reasons for him being chosen as the vessel, or 'hellmask' which you put quite aptly here. But this was a nice little moment. I liked the lyrics. very appropriate to the mood. where are they from?

As for your hope of Toby surviving, sorry to sledgehammer your bubble, but I doubt it. He'll quietly go insane and inevitably die because he's a surplus actor and probably won't be getting steady work for a while. I'm sure he'll do it beautifully though.

Just to let you know :P
CaptainRaz chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
suitably evil for an (allegedly) evil day. not many who fics around that dont deal with the Doctor and his companions, but i liked this one. fantastic episode "the impossible planet" i thought there would be millions of new fics around after it, but there aren't. shame really when there is so much material in that episode that good writers could make the most of.

AA
FireOpal chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
Hey it's me, Flame!

Wow, this is good - I love the way he's so broken up, as if he can't continue a train of thought... and the sneaky little "I don't believe in God" - quite appropriate when he's practically possessed by the devil! I'm afraid I laughed out loud when I read "...his beautiful hands!", but then I've always had an odd sense of humour :D

This perfectly captures the, "ah, uptight, slightly arrogant archaeologist" to a T, and I love the way you described him as apart from the others, because he *is*. OK, looking back that's a statement of the obvious, but I blame the 'Genetic Engineering' page staring right at me from my desk -

Thanks for the break from revision, I hope your exams go well and that you can keep up such cool writing!
sparxxa chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
Wow, cool story, Toby was an interesting character, it'll be interesting to see how the others react to him and whether he'll be ok, and thank you for reviewing my story i really appreciate it! Great fic! CYA sparxxa.
Leona Saclat chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
Hi I thought it was really good and creepy. I wonder what'll happen in the next episode... Thanks for writing.