Reviews for Redefining
Too Many Screennames chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
This is a beautifully constructed story. Thank you.
celerystalksatmidnight chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
I cannot help myself from devouring your writing. It's beautiful, the pacing, the flow, the language, I am in awe.

Thank you.
sodakey chapter 1 . 11/25/2006
I know I'm late getting to this but, I dig it. In every way. Nicely done.
BigPink chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
Superb. Love the flow. Love your writing. Sniff. It doesn't come often, but it's worth the wait. Thanks.
A-blackwinged-bird chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
I know that I loved this and that it moved me... but it will certainly take some time to process. Very excellent stuff here- I'm glad I bookmarked you as a favorite.

Thanks for sharing,

emily
alwaysandeverytime chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
I love this.
stealthyone chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
This is a nice, angsty piece. You did a great job peeking into Dean's head (and even Sam's) throughout the years.

Favorite lines:

Sam never hid the fact that he was leaving; he paraded it, used it as a weapon whenever he and Dad got into one of their epic shouting matches. The minute I turn eighteen would be lobbed as some kind of threat, followed always by some version of getting the hell out of here.

I like this, the idea that Sam didn't drop the bombshell about leaving for college all at once, but had in some ways been hinting about it for a while.

Sammy was made of elbows and awkward angles and kicked defensively in his sleep; by the third week, they were all sick as hell of climbing over each other to get out the door. The air was thick, August heat in May, and Dad and Sam decided to keep themselves occupied by hollering at each other every other night.

Great description there. Very vivid, and really puts the reader into the scene.

Ooh, that's such a cool revelation, the idea that Dean was thisclose to his own college career.

Thanks for a great read.
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
Cool. Catch ya on the flip side.
Mellaithwen chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
yah you own my soul dude and don't act like you don't already know it

"He'd never told Sam, but there was a one-way bus ticket pressed in the back of his own journal, good from Jacksonville, North Carolina to Columbus, Ohio on June 21st, 1996. The coach at OSU had been interested, had invited him up, had waited almost two hours at the station before finally crossing Dean Winchester off his roster."

Loved that, ties in with what shapeshifter Dean said about having dreams and not following through, and the fact that the coach waited that long shows how good he must have been.

The italics on Meg, Thomas and the White's were very hard to swallow, since the first two - we saw them as evil, but they weren't, and the fact that Thomas had a son? Ah :(

"It was instinct, mostly. We do what we do and we shut up —

we do what we do and —

we do what we —

— have to do."

LOVE love, love that. It's repeating it, yes, but then subtle changes too until you get the sentence you want (ingenious) really wonderful work, and the best post-dt fic I've read :) x
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
This is... _wow_. Amazing, really.
lonely as a star chapter 1 . 6/6/2006
I love your style of writing, it's very provocative and great to read. This was wonderfully written, fits perfectly with the supernatural boys. I hope you have some more up your sleeve somewhere :D