Reviews for Batman Silent Hill: Shadow In The Mist
A Reader chapter 20 . 7/2
Sometimes, I think it's enough just to hear that something you created is still getting worthwhile reviews, still being watched, enjoyed, perhaps even on some level understood. Maybe, maybe not.
I wanted to simply read this story and move on, as I have with many others. As I will with so many more. But the afterword was what let me know that the time and effort you put into this story is worth the time, little though it may be, to send even one more reminder back to you that you've done something worth doing.
Batman and Silent Hill. You were right. It was quite the ride.
If you do still take the time to read these reviews, or if you ever wonder if the difficulties were worth it, then I hope this is a reminder that it was. It will be. You're still having an impact on others, and I'm grateful for having had the opportunity to experience this story.
Thank you for your time, and please have a pleasant afternoon.
12345 chapter 20 . 6/25
This story is pure perfection! I bow to you, good sir.
ChalkBoxHero chapter 20 . 5/22
Hi, my names Douglass. I'm 16 and have been a huge fan of Batman for four years now. I came across your story yesterday and found the crossover rather fascinating. You put time, effort, hurt, and love into this story. You did Batman justice and I will be looking into Silent Hill after this. I had a lot of fun reading this, and thought just how cool this would be as an Arkham game. Thank you for the amazing read, it was well worth spending my time on. *Batman bro fist*
Omegamorph chapter 10 . 10/20/2014
"They look like monsters to you?" Neat little callback to Silent Hill 3.
Omegamorph chapter 6 . 10/20/2014
Liking how the monsters are somewhat modeled after Batman's own fears, keeping with the theme of Silent Hill's creature design.
GothicCheshire chapter 20 . 6/30/2014
I...really really liked this. Absolutely stunning. A wonderful look into a very markedly complex character. It's interesting how you went with a similar twist to Silent Hill 2, I hadn't thought of that concept myself... But it's an interesting what-if. The way you handled Alessa was wonderful, very fond of the way she sought the Bat for both kinship and something to hate, almost. Very duly impressed. Wonderful job. Welcome, Shadow in the Mist, to my favorites list.
shtoops chapter 18 . 2/20/2014
But the town lives on without Alessa. For it is a living being, and without her it is free to do whatever it wants. Which is just sit and wait for people to come willingly. I love you silent hill.

Impressed,
Shtoops
asphodel chapter 10 . 6/3/2013
hmmmmmm, you do involve the movie... lets see how this goes i guess...
asphodel chapter 7 . 6/3/2013
wow...this is really well thought out. you could have just stolen ramdom monsters from the games or uses the movei god forbid as reference but no, you actually put a lot of thought into the psychology of batman. excellent really. Theres even a "boss battle" here. a trauma to be overcome. nice.
Sticks and Bones chapter 20 . 3/15/2013
This was a beautiful piece of fiction. The way you wrote batman was so believable and the monsters you came up with are awesome. I especially love the part with scarecrow and the swarm of bats. Epic stuff! You deserve more favourites and reviews
Cansei de Ser Sexy chapter 20 . 3/5/2013
Omg, you finished it! Argh, I really forgot this, AGAIN, last week I saw your updates, and was crazy happy, then came to here to check it out, and saw the end, whooooa. Okay, I'm gonna start reading now, can't even rmemeber where I was...sorry, I know, terribly bad of me, but since the story is finished, I say, that's it then.

I'm really glad that you saw through this, and took your time to share with us.

Be seeing you later
RJtheClown chapter 20 . 2/28/2013
I am very sorry to hear about your mother and can now of course see that particular influence upon some of the decisions you made in the story. Of course, the inspiring myth of Batman, our modern day Odysseus, has helped many people through those times.

And thanks for the compliment. It was a pleasure.
RJtheClown chapter 19 . 2/28/2013
"You built this fire yourself, little Brucie. You lit the flame the moment you killed her. You've been running from the fire ever since. But you can never outrun it Bruce."

This reminds me of the scene in Silent Hill 2 when Angela walks up the flaming staircase, apparently engulfed by guilt. "You see it too? For me, it's always like this."

"Yesssss. There can be no true pain without love!"

It's interesting that you began to implement the Nolan elements of Batman into the finale, "Why do we fall" "You'll never have to [thank me]" et al. The line above reminds me of Bane's monologue about true despair.

"Indulgence may have brought you happiness for the moment, Master Bruce. But in the end, indulgence breeds restlessness and anger."

A smart line. Bruce has indulged too heavily in the Batman for too long and has become embittered by the endlessness of his mission, and confused as to the point of Batman.

"Little Brucie looks down at the streets below and feels like a God."

Similar to the line above, Bruce has become lost in Batman and has become more concerned with thwarting criminals as part of his revenge mission than helping innocent people. This story has become Bruce Wayne rediscovering what it means to be a hero rather than a vigilante. Very smart how you have tied these critical themes of the character into the acid test that is Silent Hill.

"Alessa screamed. A spoilt brat failed by her toys."

This is a strong line that represents the shift of power between herself and Bruce changing.

"Things the colour of rotted meat slithered wetly into being, sprouted limbs and learned to stand."

You used the skin / rotted meat analogy earlier in the chapter.

"The pile of bodies exploded outwards, squealing wretched things sailed through the ether clawing at nothing. Their claws were blunted. Their teeth were broken."

A great 'Hell, yeah!" moment, but I've noticed you've used the word 'ether' two or three times in a short period.

"Alessa Gillespie died that night. She died in the Martha Wayne Memorial Ward of Gotham General Hospital."

An interesting thought, that Alessa is only alive as long as she thrives on negative emotions like pain and guilt and rage, that as soon as someone stands up to her, she withers away. The comparison between herself and Batman is there, in that he, until this point, was fuelled by negative emotions.

So, you finally finished. The foundations of a terrific idea steadily built upon with skill and patience, weaving together these dual narratives together in clever a way that complements the two stories. This is the sort of idea that if they announced in the world of comicdom, there would be no dissenting voice, because while the connection between the two worlds is not obvious, it makes perfect sense once someone points it out. Have a beer, you deserve it.
Tenro100 chapter 20 . 2/27/2013
this has been one the best stories i have had the pleasure of reading on this site thank you darkknight uk for this awesome and enjoyable story
deadpoolhulk chapter 20 . 2/27/2013
this was a really damn good story, i really enjoyed every single part of it. thank you for writting it.