Reviews for The Green Files
Lilybud chapter 17 . 10/11/2015
Like the other one-shot about loneliness, you conveyed the feelings excellently in this one as well, and nice touch with the creepy air conditioner.
Lilybud chapter 15 . 10/11/2015
Aww! Painkillers or not, this was beautiful! I love EVERYTHING Beast Boy said, especially how he's supposed to be mature but not. I do wish there were more friendship scenes with him and the other Titans, especially Cyborg, as they are his family too. This is still lovely though.
Lilybud chapter 13 . 10/11/2015
Usually people write that Beast Boy is there when his parents die. I'm not sure which is worse: seeing his parents die and unable to help them or not being there and always waiting for them to come home. You'd think that Robin, the detective, would know when to back off. Regardless, poignant chapter.
Lilybud chapter 12 . 10/11/2015
Gee...I just started a Teen Titan collection, think it's pretty good...and then I read this. HOW do you weave the emotions, the scenes, the tension so CLEARLY in so little words? Despite his frustration, Beast Boy felt so BEAST BOY; his thoughts are clear and straightforward, like him, but his emotions still come off as confused and between "self-loathing and self-pity," without being overly dramatic. Even Raven, in the short glimpse we see her, is portrayed vividly. She's hurt and frustrated but we can still sense her true feelings in the end that melts Beast Boy and us every time.

Okay, enough rambling-excellent chapter!
Lilybud chapter 11 . 10/6/2015
This...is literally making my eyes sting with tears. You hit on every nuance of homesickness and now all I want is to just hug Beast Boy. There's a lot of depictions of this scene, but this by far is the best, filled with the most emotion and thought.
Lilybud chapter 9 . 10/6/2015
It's nice to see Mento showing a fatherly side for once, especially in a moment that is emotional for parents, and especially so for him. Really nice job!
Lilybud chapter 7 . 10/4/2015
Again...wow. This...I could really see happening. That if Beast Boy and Terra DID manage to get together that it would never be the same for him and Raven, not when there was so much bad blood. I think Raven would a bit more snapping, using some anger to cover up the hurt, but the stoic coldness worked just as well.
Lilybud chapter 6 . 10/4/2015
What a weird way to get caught into a weird conversation. I feel sorry for Raven.
Lilybud chapter 5 . 10/4/2015
Whoa...I've read quite a few interpretations of Beast Boy's time in a circus, but this may be just the most realistic, depicting Beast Boy's initial optimism spiraling into...this. You always knew that the failure of not being to help each Titan as they wallow in their depression would unravel him, but it makes sense that the death of the Doom Patrol would be the last straw. The depiction of his visitors were also more emphasized in this take than in others, and again, it makes sense they would also be a leading factor to Beast Boy's despair, as it was shown that way in the show. I really appreciate this take! Great writing!
Lilybud chapter 4 . 10/3/2015
I agree with you on Terra. I do like her characters and believe that she made her choices, good and bad. This did not seem like bashing at all, but realistic to what Beast Boy could be thinking when seeing how the sweet Terra completely disappeared into practically a sadist after joining Slade.
Lilybud chapter 3 . 10/3/2015
Okay, soo many things I liked in this chapter! First, that in this situation that Beast Boy thought of both bravery to put on the ring and cowardice to "blend in", and Raven's comment at the end that Beast Boy and Garfield were one, no matter the appearance. This chapter was so sad, yet had that sweet ending that makes it lovely. Again, you capture both characters perfectly, Beast Boy's vulnerability in the circumstances and Raven's ever constant stoic-mask but eyes that hide nothing (although her eyes were more present in the last chapter).
Guest chapter 51 . 9/26/2015
The last two were my favorite
Lilybud chapter 1 . 9/22/2015
What a vivid beginning (pun not intended)! This was sweet and all the sadder because you know that he won't be with his parents for long...
onionsonbutter chapter 51 . 9/12/2015
Hi there. I just finished reading all 52 chapters of this fic. And I just want to say I really really liked it. I think you really did the characters justice. They're all real and deep and I liked following them. Your writing style was always clean and interesting. I know you've been awol for a while and probably moved on. But if you ever come back and read this, you're a really good writer, your writing ate up easily 4 hours of my time and from one teenager in Singapore, I hope whatever you're doing now, you're happy. Thanks for doing this
mollrat chapter 32 . 7/29/2015
Such a wonderful chapter! The reactions are devastating and you detail their relationships with Garfield so well that's it understandable how hurt they are. I love how you right Beast Boy. As a flawed but wonderful person who brings joy and light into others' lives.
850 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »