Reviews for The Birthday
Stormchaser17 chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
Really sweet oneshot, I absolutely loved the ending between Kaoru and Aoi

I think you should put an AU ad on the top, due to the motivations of the other reviewers, but after 7 years maybe you are not more connected to this website :)

But I appreciated your totally 'in-canon' characters, really appreciated
Good work! :)
Random chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
Omg this is such a cut story keep up the work!
Clearwinter chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
I love it! I was shocked by the ending. ] It was so sweet.
AntarcticLight chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
I was pondering what he would get her for her birthday. I couldn't think of anything too special. However, when he pulled out a weding dress I thought 'Wow that's Perfect!'

Cool little fic.
Crystal Persian chapter 1 . 1/23/2009
KAWAII! This was soo cute! I hope u write more like this!
Wittmann the Tiger Ace chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
sweet story, those are the type that I love. I hope to read more from you.
shadowsaver chapter 1 . 2/17/2008
That was really sweet...- your a great writer..
blckangel101 chapter 1 . 10/30/2007
wow. That was so romantic:) I love it.
FN chapter 1 . 7/9/2007
This can't be Aoi's 18th birthday. In the anime, she claims to have been waiting for 18 years to become Kaoru's wife. So if her previous birthday were her 17th, as you claim, she would have been waiting to marry him since before she was born. In the first few episodes Kaoru mentions that he's just started his junior year of college, which would make him about 21, and I believe that Aoi is roughly the same age as him.

Also, where on earth did Kaoru get enough money to buy a wedding dress and a diamond and sapphire ring? I mean, just to buy those shoes he was working, like, 5 jobs in the anime.

Anyway, your story is still pretty cute. Don't give up writing! Just try to remember to be consistent with the anime. I think that you have the potential to be a very good fanfiction writer. Good luck!
Poncho D chapter 1 . 6/8/2007
Very well done! Sweet and romantic, and leaves all of the M-rated stuff to the imagination. You gonna do a follow-up?
steve chapter 1 . 5/16/2007
This sucked Get a Life!
Nonamenonamenonameplease chapter 1 . 4/4/2007
Not bad. Hmm; Chika refers to Aoi as Big Sister. Interesting.
Mayonaka-BlackRoses chapter 1 . 1/19/2007
So romantic...
TearsOfAJadedStar chapter 1 . 12/29/2006
KAWAII! Very cute.
James chapter 1 . 11/28/2006
Real sweet story... good ideas and great development. It got a little bit too "I'm trying to write like it's an anime" with the sweat drop deal, but It's only one sentence, and the rest of the story is pretty solid.

just a couple of little irks I noticed...

Careful with the car idea (when Kaouru goes to get Aoi's present), remember in volume 4 of the manga that he specifically points out his lack of a license.

Also, I don't know if you intended this to be a post-"everyone finds out about the couple" deal or not, but I was a bit confused as to why Kaoru would openly kiss Aoi on the cheek with everyone else around.

Also, where did Kaouru get the money for the gift? He's usually farely broke.

Like I said, good story, with strong writing. A few typos and grammatical anomolies, but good work all the same.