Reviews for Cognitive Dissonance
Eipok chapter 12 . 6/14/2021
Another small point, but apparently the orange on the seder plate was originally intended to symbolize LGBT inclusion, and was co-opted for women in order to effectively bury that intent. This is according to the originator of the tradition herself, Susannah Heschel.
Eipok chapter 9 . 6/14/2021
Not gonna lie, that story about the blessings is possibly the greatest thing I've heard in a long time.
Eipok chapter 4 . 6/14/2021
I know this story is now like 13 years old but I'm only reading it now, honestly. Anyway, wanted to review not only to thank you for writing it, but also to say that the oldest naked mole rat actually turned 39 last month! They regularly live to over 30 in captivity, so really I don't think Rufus should be sickly at all. He'd probably live to his fifties given the mad science in KP.
tinastitzer chapter 8 . 11/14/2019
A slight correction you might want to take care of when you have the time for this chapter.
My writers group had as a guest, a Certified Crime Scene Investigator.
A brief discussion of blood spatter came up.
The correct word is spatter, not splatter.
Just wanted to let you know the proper word to use if it ever surfaces again. :)
TacoKing23 chapter 13 . 5/13/2017
Okay, judging by the effects they had on the characters, it feels like the events with the hairy men are way too important to have "one week later'd."
TacoKing23 chapter 2 . 5/12/2017
A family of brilliant scientists that goes to church? That is incredibly unlikely. Not impossible, but unlikely enough that it breaks my suspension of disbelief a little bit.
A Markov chapter 9 . 7/26/2016
The end of this chapter reminds me of a Lenore Fleischer quote-

"When God made the world, He chose to put animals in it, and decided to give each whatever it wanted. All the animals formed a long line before His throne, and the cat quietly went to the end of the line. To the elephant and the bear He gave strength, to the rabbit and the deer, swiftness; to the owl, the ability to see at night, to the birds and the butterflies, great beauty; to the fox, cunning; to the monkey, intelligence; to the dog, loyalty; to the lion, courage; to the otter, playfulness. And all these were things the animals begged of God. At last he came to the end of the line, and there sat the little cat, waiting patiently. "What will YOU have?" God asked the cat.

The cat shrugged modestly. "Oh, whatever scraps you have left over. I don't mind."

"But I'm God. I have everything left over."

"Then I'll have a little of everything, please."

And God gave a great shout of laughter at the cleverness of this small animal, and gave the cat everything she asked for, adding grace and elegance and, only for her, a gentle purr that would always attract humans and assure her a warm and comfortable home.

But he took away her false modesty."
scifijoe chapter 7 . 3/5/2015
Sorry, but Huevos Rancheros are NOT just scrambled eggs. They are Ranch Eggs. They are Two eggs (easy, medium or hard and scrambled) with a Spicy Ranch Sauce or Pico de Gallo on a Corn Tortilla. Served with Hash Browns and Refried Beans with a either a Flour or Wheat Tortilla. Delish.
Guest chapter 13 . 8/19/2013
What the hell happened to them?
honoradele chapter 13 . 8/10/2013
Standard Claim: Please, can I have some more?

I know that any series needs some noodle incidents, but I would really like to know more about this one.
honoradele chapter 12 . 8/10/2013
Standard claim: Please, can I have some more?

Could you/Are you going to ever publish those deleted scenes mentioned at the start of this chapter? For that matter do you have any plans any of the "missing" S4 episodes into the BEverse, perhaps Warhok and or warmonga?
Mimico Florido chapter 8 . 8/1/2013
"Medianoche Sombra" doesn't mean what I think it was supposed to, "Sombra de la Medianoche" would make more sense. "Sombra de Medianoche" perhaps, but not "Medianoche Sombra". I wonder if it still would be a good name if it were so long, the sonority is not as cool as it should be, I mean, it is a really good name in English (and Portuguese, but that's not relevant). I kept repeating "Sombra de la Medianoche" aloud, and now that I repeated it enough, sounds good.

I didn't get the German part, looks like there is something missing...
smileyGGfan chapter 14 . 8/4/2012
Another well-written and fast-paced story! That was a very interesting cliffhanger, and I'm excited to read the next installment of your BE series!
Akiho Tonoshi chapter 14 . 4/9/2012
you bastered you killed kenny... i mean shego! rtfl.

thats such a horrible ending! but i know shego live so its not so bad. still horrible! lol

well besides the ending it was a great story .
Mengsk chapter 14 . 10/23/2010
Good evil plan. Great counter plan and I especially enjoyed the mission clock. This all felt like a real police operation. I will note that under the circumstance GJ would likely have the legal right to comandeer any device they need making Shego's theft legal but otherwise everything went off without a hitch.

Writing wise anyway. Some may disagree about the without a hitch part with Shego having been shot. I think one casulty, wounded, not fatal, when facing terrorists who managed to take control of the Top cops in the land's headquaters, is acceptable losses.

Clearly a middle of the road film. I wonder what life was like before Empire and stories actually had endings. Only kidding, well done. Delete Chapter 13.