Reviews for Fidelis
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 1/10/2008
What's to say about this? THIS WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I loved it. All the Autobots' views and thoughts on loyalty are written perfectly and in-character too. Groove's perspective on it was great, especially his little story about the two foxes. Jazz really knows how to chose his words about living through life with all the Autobots. The part about Sunstreaker and Sideswipe was rather interesting, them being twins and being so loyal to each other they don't notice it. But I have to say, Smokescreen's bit on loyalty and to Optimus was unbelievably extraordinary.

/“Yes, of course he is, Spike. But you have to know what that means. It doesn’t just mean loyalty to the Autobot cause, but to the Autobots themselves. It means being the first into battle and the last out. It means putting the other Autobots first. But it also means knowing them. It means actually caring not just about their well-being, but about their sanity. It means knowing when Tracks has had enough, and truly needs to go chill out with his friends in the city. It means making a decision about whether Mirage is on our side or not, and sticking by it – even when other Autobots question that decision. It means putting his confidence in Silverbolt as a team leader, and sticking up for Perceptor when others don’t think he contributes enough. It means playing football with the Dinobots to make them feel included – even if it means Prime gets his bodywork rearranged a little.

“It means hiring minibots into his unit when other Primes wouldn’t. It means believing in Wheeljack even after all the disasters, and listening when Bluestreak needs to talk. It means accepting First Aid’s decision not to fight, and trusting the team leaders to handle their own troops, even when Blades and Air Raid get into an aerial fistfight that knocks out the south gun turrets. It means not killing the twins, despite overwhelming reasons that he should. It means thanking Prowl for the long hours, even when Prowl doesn’t need to be thanked. It’s seeing Omega Supreme as more than just a weapon. It’s actually reading up on baseball, just to keep up with Eject, and it’s letting Steeljaw ride in his cab, just so ‘Jaw can stick his head out the window and feel the wind on his face.

“It’s…a lot of things, Spike. It’s a lot of things that make a Prime. But the main thing is just plain being kind. And that is the kind of thing that keeps the Autobots loyal to Optimus. That is what keeps us together.”/

That sums up everything I love about Optimus and his relationships with all the other Autobots. Thank you, thank you, thank you for writing this. You did an awesome job on this and you should get a medal for this.
LoveHopes chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
WOW. That's all I have to say wow. This is really good and I enjoyed reading every line off it. Excellent job with this story, I don't think it's possible to have done it any better :D
Ladyofthebookworms chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
B-E-A-U-tiful!

More subtle then a crack on the head for Prime, but just as effective :D
MilkHermit chapter 1 . 12/18/2007
Amazingly well done.
Silver Warrior chapter 1 . 12/14/2007
that... was...AWESOME! I love seeing someone get into the heads of the various Autobots. And in the end, it gives Optimus an even greater understanding of his fellow Autobots, and himself. Real cool. And I really like that view into the mind(s) of the twins.
illmatar chapter 1 . 12/1/2007
I really, really love this story. I love the concept and the execution of it. These guys remind me of a deranged boy-scout troop.
pa84 chapter 1 . 11/22/2007
Wow, that was really a wonderful story. You caught the character of Autobots in general and of so many single ones of them so well, as well as the whole complicated relationship between them all. And the difference between them, who live so long, and us humans with out short life-span. My respect!
Bluebird Soaring chapter 1 . 11/21/2007
Such a creative wau to explore such a thing as Autobot Loyalty. And you do an amazing job of keeping each of them in character compared to one another. This has to be one of my favorite Prime stories of all, esp since we see a slice of each of the rest of the crew as a foil to what he is feeling. Amazing )
Pineapple Potpourri chapter 1 . 10/26/2007
(So sorry It's super long, but I couldn't help it.)

Wow... You have to be the best writer on this entire site lol! I never even thought about why the way some of them act the way they did, and you managed to act out all their personalities exactly, It was as if I wasn't even reading a fic it was like it was real!

You also made the autobots seem so much closer then I thought they were, Sunny 'n Sides especially, I also never thought of their bond being that way... and the fact that al of them agreed that they would kill each other off simply because they cared really got me. Also the part about how one of them might give up the autbots to save one of their closest friends... I thought that made them just as loyal, because their not only fighting for the 'autobto cause' to serve and protect, but also because they care about each other and would rather give their own lives up before lettin anyone hurt their friends(Geez... I wish I had friends like that -_-).

I think by far the explanation of Ratch' and Sides relationship and the protectobots where the most touching. Overall I'd say htis was the best one-shot I've read since I can remember, and I give mad props to Oppy for being abe to keep all these crazy mechs together.
Calger chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
This is just an awesome idea, and very well-done! I've only seen a few scattered episodes of the original cartoon, so I'm not that familiar with most of these characters yet, but what you have seems to fit, and they're all characterized so well in these snippets that I have no trouble following along and enjoy these characters for who they are, and how Optimus ties into them all :) This is definitely going into my favorites, this is a great piece of writing. Thanks for sharing with us!
Milk chapter 1 . 9/11/2007
This is truly an amazing story, and though I'm not a big fan of the drama genre, I'm really glad I read this.

The introspection of each Autobot about themselves, and especially about the others, was really well done. I hadn't even considered most of them, and was quite moved by the ending. Fantastic job! You should be very proud of this piece! _
myrmidryad chapter 1 . 9/10/2007
i love the part about the twins just not understanding about being apart - so good. was that an episode when cliffjumper etc sold sunstreaker out? if so, which episode?
teh blumchenkinder chapter 1 . 9/7/2007
Well, crap.

How much time did you spend on this? It's amazing! It's one of those things, that it's odd, and complicated when it's just whole, a single question- but when it's broken down, thought about in individual components, and completely, gets even more complicated- but comes out simple in the end, about as simple as the original question- but the question/answer still needed the breakdown to make sense.

...

Yeah. ,_,
Serenity chapter 1 . 8/14/2007
This was just beautiful. Very well done indeed. Thank you.
DraejonSoul chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
This was simply beautiful. I couldn't think of any other word that should have complemented this story more. You capture the character's voices perfectly, imho. You did a great job. And I love the effortless and smart style of your writing that I envy. You know and respect the characters a great deal, I can tell from how this was written.

Thanks for the great read!

PS - I gotta say this, but, when I was reading the dialogue with Trailbreaker, I felt like I could "hear" Ernest Borgnine (as Dom Santini in "Airwolf", if you knew that show). I dunno, I just did. _
64 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »