Reviews for Rain Over Blue Water
Diinya-chan chapter 1 . 12/5/2009
Heh. Love it.

'Sides is such a fun character. :)
fluting-through-life chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
I gotta say, I'm actually not a huge fan of either Sideswipe or Sunstreaker, but this was... man, this was epic. I totally couldn't help feeling for poor Sideswipe the whole time because, let's face it, we've ALL had days like that. Where everyone just keeps putting the weight of the world on your shoulders and when you give it all you've got, you only receive MORE responsibilities and grief. There was just something so REAL about this story, about how your characters interacted, about how easily the words flowed... And then, when Sideswipe reached his breaking point, where most would have broken down, yelled, cried, whatever, he just kept going, kept bearing the burden, because it was HIS burden to carry and no one else's. And, God, I can't wrap my brain around just how relatable you made him, made EVERYONE. I can't even BEGIN to describe how enamored I've become with this story. Just... wow. Words don't do this justice. Absolutely amazing.
Tenyakares chapter 1 . 11/24/2009
Now I'm a melted puddle in front of my desk and it's your fault! :D No really, again an absolutely wonderful story, you really can read in every line how you love your characters and how honestly you portrait them. It's so great how widely they vary and how consistent they are all the time. And some quite nice surprises in the plot, too, everything grips into each other so well! Splendid writing. I hope more is to come soon since I'm nearly through all of your stories.
Knocks chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
I don't buy books unless I intend to re-read them. The same applies to faving online fiction. I find myself coming back to this story, not necessarily finding something new, but enjoying the characterizations and actions over and over again.
Uniasus chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
I like the image of Sunstreaker as an artist, it fits him rather well. And I can see him being a perfectionist about it too. Have I mentioned how much I love your stories? I mean, truly. They're each deep in their own ways, and still contain a bit of humor.
Splatter Fall chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
That was far more epic than I expected. XD

:V I've never actually read a fic with Sideswipe as the main focus. ... Not that they're, you know, real common to find. XD' BUT STILL. I'm really glad I came across this, because it was great. :'D I enjoyed it from start to finish and I think you portrayed Sideswipe really well. :V Him and his relationship with other members of the team.

XD My favorite scene was the end though. Mellow and sweet. :'D

All around I liked this a lot. x3
T420000 chapter 1 . 7/27/2009
aw this was so wonderful. I sorta want to see more to this. Just marvelous to read. Your stories always have me so engaged.
Peacewish chapter 1 . 7/12/2009
Okay, I ran out of the funny stories, but this one was just as enjoyable in its own way. You have such great sentence structure, and fresh imagery. "rickety death on wheels" is surely the most perfect descriptor ever. You are so great!
EternalMink chapter 1 . 3/20/2009
I can't explain it. I just can't. I've read this three time in a row and although it didn't make me giggle uncontrollably or cry or aw, I love it to death. I don't even like sideswipe that much. But the character development and dialouge were spot on. This was better than watching an episode of the show.

Also, I like that Sideswipe get recognition for all he went through at the end. I have seen too many stories where characters go through a horrible experience or others put them through one, and they don't get to rest or heal. Thank you for putting that in!
Shiruy chapter 1 . 1/14/2009
Wow. This made me adore Sideswipe beyond all reason. Great, great story.
Twisted Skys chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
That was cute, sad, dark, and a bit funny all in one. You're a really good writer!
stormqueen873 chapter 1 . 4/11/2008
I don't know how you do it, Starhorse, but your stuff never ceases to amaze me. Each story I've read has made me laugh out loud or choke down a lump in my throat, and this one was no different. I've got tears standing in my eyes, if you believe it, even though the story wasn't sad. It hit something in me, something I don't exactly have the mental ability to define at the moment, and all I can say is bravo.

"But if Sunstreaker answered, he didn’t hear it, and as he dropped into the sleep of the dead, he dreamed of rain over blue water, and of storm clouds, and of the high walls of Iacon standing once more."

I let out this unintelligible grunt after reading that - your stories are so blunt and simple and absolutely beautiful that it makes me envious. That final paragraph was what really did me in. I can't explain why I find the parting image so beautiful, but every time I read it, I get chills. Perhaps it's the sense of hope that you had running through the entire last scene, combined with the fact that it was Sideswipe, who's been through so much in this and yet still sees and hopes, that tugs at my heart strings so powerfully.

Or perhaps I'm exhausted and reading too much into things.

Anyway, bravo. May you never cease to write such amazing stories, and above all, make me feel.

-Stormqueen
actionmoviefan1 chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
My goodness your talented
ArmoredSoul chapter 1 . 3/15/2008
I can so see that.

Ratchet foaming at the mouth like a rabid dog as he's raking a bot up one side and down the other.

I really can't find anything else to say, so I said what stuck in my head.

This is fantastic.

A brilliant, introspective piece into one of the more obscure G1 characters, and how even the toughest and hardiest among us can reach a certain breaking point where one either wants to yell at the top of ones lungs or just break down into tears. Maybe both.
Ice Dagger chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
I love the imagery in this story - the descriptions and the characterization is so wonderful. And the fact that Sideswipe quotes both Monty Python and Star Wars is so full of win. The last line is beautiful and full of hope and dreams of the past becoming a distant future. Excellent job!
56 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »