Reviews for Rat Patrol: The That's What Friends Are For Raid
cimmer chapter 1 . 6/20/2014
Wonderful story, would have made a great episode, very visual writing style. I really liked all the characters her and Moffitt was a wonderful 'kid'. Its sounds like Dietrich would be (and is) a great 'big brother'. Thanks.
HairyBallofFur chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
Wow, this tale was so unexpected and, again, showcases two of my favorite "Rat Patrol" characters.

Thanks so much for this wonderful story...hope to see more!
generalsleepy chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
This is one of the best Rat Patrol stories I've read. I love the characterization of Dietrich and child!Moffitt continually asking for his father broke my heart. Even in a small part, the rest of the Rat Patrol was also completely in character. The level of detail in the setting, too, worked very well and made the story feel real.

The ending in particular is just so sweet and also in character. All around, just amazing story.
unutterably stupid dragon chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
absolutely delightful! great stuff. adored jack and hans ... thanks for a wonderful read
Anon chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
I know it's been a couple of years, but I just found this sory and wanted to say "Thank You" for writing it. It's wonderful to find a story about one of my old favorites.
Cielag chapter 1 . 3/6/2008
For the past half-hour or so I have been deliberating with my friend via IM just how I was going to respond to your story because words really did escape me. I think she was mostly amused by everything I was relaying to her, all good naturally, and so I think perhaps that she might read it as well, which would be awesome because this story, like the show, is amazing.

I recently started watching the show and fell in love with it because of the jeeps, the desert, and all the guys, Dietrich included. There are so few fanfics that have to deal with the military that are accurate and most of the time I spend cringing at the mistakes yet with yours, I felt as though I was reading the screenplay to one of the episodes. Brilliant, wonderful work! You have certainly made my night a lot better with this wonderful story.

In my mind I could not only picture these scenes because your descriptions were right on, but I could also hear the voices as well. It was a very captivating story that held my attention all the way through. In a way I could almost imagine this young eleven year old and yet still see the older Moffitt. Brillaint story, marvelous work! I can't wait to read your other fanfics!
Akseel chapter 1 . 9/28/2007
Oh, I just love this story ! There aren't many Rat Patrol stories out there, so it's really nice to find one as well-written as yours. Besides, I'm a Dietrich fan (yeah, another one) and I really like how you wrote him. Wouldn't be the first time he helps one of the rats escape (I seem to recall something about a cave full of explosives...) but this time it was at great personal risk - the Gestapo will probably be mighty disappointed when they learn they've lost their prey. They might want to interrogate Dietrich instead (that way they get to interrogate *somebody*, even if it's not an Allied sergeant...) and then Moffitt would naturally want to rescue him and... hum. You're not planning to write a sequel to this story, are you ? Ah, well. Thought I'd ask.

Anyway, I really, really enjoyed this story, thank you for writing it !
Sport chapter 1 . 8/31/2007
Nice story. I always felt as if Dietrich is a man of honor and this captures that perfectly.
T chapter 1 . 3/21/2007
Strange, but really great. For a bit *I* thought Moffitt was faking it. So glad Dietrich got him out, though.

And it was funny that Tully and Hitch were treating him like a kid and such.
Dyrne-Faemne chapter 1 . 7/5/2006
I always loved the show, and others taking place during WW2. Always preferred Moffitt. I really enjoyed your story, it was very well told. I can't seem to find much fanfic out there for the show. Keep up the good work.
GSJessica chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
Lovely view of the complicated chararcter that Dietrich is. Odd but thoroughly enjoyable story. Thanks!
nom-de-plume13 chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
Excellent. I could 'hear' Dietrich as I read this, and that doesn't happen too often with fan fiction.
Janie Canuck chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
An absolutely charming story! I am a Rat Patrol fan from way back (Used to get up in the middle of the night to watch the re-runs.) and Dietrich was my favorite character. I love the way you showed his heart - always thought he was a good guy in a bad situation. Great story and I hope you write some more!