Reviews for Walk Like Men
Paul Lenzen chapter 27 . 1/26
I really enjoyed this one... staid up 24 hours just to make sure I read it all
adelphe24 chapter 27 . 12/21/2017
Unique story and wonderfully written!
I love it!

And youre interested in transformers! Im gonna go check out your other fics, thankyou for writing this one!
Cashagon chapter 27 . 10/18/2017
This was awesome! I'm not much of a fan of Star Wars myself, but my parents are, so an interest in it pops up from time to time. I'm glad I read this story because has really been a fun read. I enjoyed watching Skywalker's struggles with tackling human culture and seeing the world from his eyes. I liked how you wrote Vader. It was interesting to see a fatherly protective side to him. But I thought of something while reading this... Why in the movie did Vader not sense Leia was his daughter? He didn't know until the end, when they were both with the Emperor. Anyway, I really really enjoyed reading this.

Cash is out. Peace!
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 27 . 10/5/2017
It's quite difficult for me to think nicely of Tusken Raiders. The only thing I have heard of them, they kidnapped Shmi Skywalker, and led to her death.
Let Serpents be destroyed in attack upon Vader, but I wish not for Redrock tribe to suffer.
Darn. Sky-Walker as Son of the Suns, and Leia as sacrifice? Glad that it didn't happen. Wise Stone-Shadow is.
Ouch. Serpents overwhelmed Darth Vader...
Let's hope Han Solo is smart enough to notice the tail. Yes, he did.
Sky-walker heard the prophecy. He doesn't have to destroy the Black One - only to defeat him; but it would be nice to kill the master, the Emperor - since I don't believe anything (animate or inanimate, dead, alive, or undead) can hold him (well, maybe Count Dracula could, but it would consume all of his attention, and he would be vulnerable to an attack by somebody else, say, Sidious's worshiper).
And meanwhile, joining Darth Vader is an option... As long as it doesn't hinder destruction of the Emperor.
Sidious is woefully under-informed, but he probably already knows that Luke isn't on Tatooine. At least, he adapted surprisingly well to the situation.
Let's hope that Palpatine doesn't aid Sons of the Suns in destroying Daughters of the Moons (Palpatine did this). Let's hope that Sidious will not attack them for how they interacted with Vader (he didn't attack all Tuskens, but he used his knowledge as leverage). Let's hope the Emperor will not learn where the Sky-Walker is, or what prophecy was spoken (apparently, he didn't care to go into details, and didn't hear of the prophecy; nice!).
You cannot stand by my side as my daughter without joining the Empire. It will only mean your death. So Vader is sure that even with Leia at his side, he wouldn't be able to take down Sidious?
Wind-Dancer... I do hope that Vader will not stop just because his enemy is Palpatine. Vader is still indebted to Wind-Dancer, Daughters of the Moons, and the Redrock tribe.
Sky-walker defeating Vader I can easily see, if Sky-Walker pretends to be a Red Guard, and Vader attacks Palpatine. Ah, Palpatine isn't blind to Sky-walker's presence, but this scenario still unfolds.
Weed aka Star-Killer... Lol! Nice tribute.
Anakin Skywalker... Darth Vader... I hope that you shall heal, and become a black dragon who can direct his attacks within limits of self-defense (and defense of others). And with time learn to be a human, again - with family, happiness, joy and sadness, and walking forward to better future.
Thank you. Good day, good night, and good luck.
Bopdawoo chapter 27 . 8/11/2017
This was one of the most unique and enjoyable stories I've read. I'm looking forward to reading your other works.
Golden Bearded Dragon chapter 3 . 7/28/2017
SKYWALKER. Okay, that's a tremendous way to bring in his name. Fantastic.
BbK2442 chapter 27 . 6/19/2017
This is a great story. I loved the AU aspect of having Luke have a different upbringing than in canon, and how much it affected the entire saga of Star Wars. It's really refreshing to see how one's childhood and upbringing can change a character so much. Luke here feels more...confident? Assured? But also more naïve in some ways, and less cocky in others. He's also much more community-oriented than in canon, when he was a wild, independent son of a moisture farmer. It's almost like seeing the difference between a son of a Native American tribe and the son of a Wild West farmsteader.

I also loved how you how you created the entire culture of the Tusken Raiders. It makes them feel much more alive than they were in the films, when they were just howling barbarians yelling in triumph after a victory. I really wish your version of the Tuskens was canon. I really also wish for canon Luke to somehow meet Wind-Dancer, just to see what would happen. :)

It's too bad that there's no sequel to this, but it was an excellent story nonetheless. May the Force be with you in your writing. Always.
Zanzibar1 chapter 27 . 3/26/2017
Wonderful story! At first, I'll admit, I was a little apprehensive, but you did a really good job taking the story and making it your own unique tale, rather than a slight rewrite from the original plot. Great job! I'm now going to go look at your other stories to see if any others catch my interest.
ThePhengophobicGamer chapter 27 . 12/18/2016
This was a really good read. I really enjoyed the unique perspective Luke got by being raised differently, and the difference it made to the story. I saw that you crafted most if not all of the tusken culture, but I thought you might be interested to know that it is touched on more thoroughly than anywhere else, at least that I know of in legends, in the Knights of the Old Republic game. A summary should be easily found on wookiepedia. I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this already as I really don't have the patience to read through over 500 reviews to check, so I thought I'd mention it to be sure. Anyway, I'm really fond of how thorough you are with the world building/changing in this story and will be checking out some of your other works. I hope you return to Star Wars fanfiction should the right idea strike, you too.
Tauriel Skywalker chapter 27 . 9/7/2016
I loved this story. I didn't care for the profanity or the Tusken religion, but other than that, I thought it was great! Luke was so sweet. Was it Aunt Beru who shot at him when he stole the spoon? That was really cute when Leia was trying to teach him basic. And poor Han, being whacked in the shins by Yoda. That's so cool that Luke set up the Jedi Academy just outside of the tribe. Oh yeah! Han and Leia are engaged. It's sad that Vader hasn't come back, but at least there is a hope they will see him again. Over all, I thought this story was awesome! Thanks for the adventure.
Tauriel Skywalker chapter 26 . 9/7/2016
Star-Killer! Love it! He hasn’t change much though…at all.

Oh, sad :(. Vader can’t just leave.
Tauriel Skywalker chapter 25 . 9/7/2016
AAAAAH! Iyiyi! I'm kind of freaking out here. What Luke not listening!? Or does he just not believe what they were saying because he didn't want to believe it?
Tauriel Skywalker chapter 24 . 9/7/2016
This should be a messy confrontation - Sith, Jedi, and Tuskens. Can't wait.
Tauriel Skywalker chapter 23 . 9/7/2016
I love that the pilots want to rescue the princess. Too bad Daddy has other plans.
Tauriel Skywalker chapter 22 . 9/7/2016