Reviews for Walk Like Men
Bopdawoo chapter 27 . 8/11
This was one of the most unique and enjoyable stories I've read. I'm looking forward to reading your other works.
Golden Bearded Dragon chapter 3 . 7/28
SKYWALKER. Okay, that's a tremendous way to bring in his name. Fantastic.
BbK2442 chapter 27 . 6/19
This is a great story. I loved the AU aspect of having Luke have a different upbringing than in canon, and how much it affected the entire saga of Star Wars. It's really refreshing to see how one's childhood and upbringing can change a character so much. Luke here feels more...confident? Assured? But also more naïve in some ways, and less cocky in others. He's also much more community-oriented than in canon, when he was a wild, independent son of a moisture farmer. It's almost like seeing the difference between a son of a Native American tribe and the son of a Wild West farmsteader.

I also loved how you how you created the entire culture of the Tusken Raiders. It makes them feel much more alive than they were in the films, when they were just howling barbarians yelling in triumph after a victory. I really wish your version of the Tuskens was canon. I really also wish for canon Luke to somehow meet Wind-Dancer, just to see what would happen. :)

It's too bad that there's no sequel to this, but it was an excellent story nonetheless. May the Force be with you in your writing. Always.
Zanzibar1 chapter 27 . 3/26
Wonderful story! At first, I'll admit, I was a little apprehensive, but you did a really good job taking the story and making it your own unique tale, rather than a slight rewrite from the original plot. Great job! I'm now going to go look at your other stories to see if any others catch my interest.
ThePhengophobicGamer chapter 27 . 12/18/2016
This was a really good read. I really enjoyed the unique perspective Luke got by being raised differently, and the difference it made to the story. I saw that you crafted most if not all of the tusken culture, but I thought you might be interested to know that it is touched on more thoroughly than anywhere else, at least that I know of in legends, in the Knights of the Old Republic game. A summary should be easily found on wookiepedia. I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this already as I really don't have the patience to read through over 500 reviews to check, so I thought I'd mention it to be sure. Anyway, I'm really fond of how thorough you are with the world building/changing in this story and will be checking out some of your other works. I hope you return to Star Wars fanfiction should the right idea strike, you too.
Tauriel Skywalker chapter 27 . 9/7/2016
I loved this story. I didn't care for the profanity or the Tusken religion, but other than that, I thought it was great! Luke was so sweet. Was it Aunt Beru who shot at him when he stole the spoon? That was really cute when Leia was trying to teach him basic. And poor Han, being whacked in the shins by Yoda. That's so cool that Luke set up the Jedi Academy just outside of the tribe. Oh yeah! Han and Leia are engaged. It's sad that Vader hasn't come back, but at least there is a hope they will see him again. Over all, I thought this story was awesome! Thanks for the adventure.
Tauriel Skywalker chapter 26 . 9/7/2016
Star-Killer! Love it! He hasn’t change much though…at all.

Oh, sad :(. Vader can’t just leave.
Tauriel Skywalker chapter 25 . 9/7/2016
AAAAAH! Iyiyi! I'm kind of freaking out here. What Luke not listening!? Or does he just not believe what they were saying because he didn't want to believe it?
Tauriel Skywalker chapter 24 . 9/7/2016
This should be a messy confrontation - Sith, Jedi, and Tuskens. Can't wait.
Tauriel Skywalker chapter 23 . 9/7/2016
I love that the pilots want to rescue the princess. Too bad Daddy has other plans.
Tauriel Skywalker chapter 22 . 9/7/2016
Yikes!
Tauriel Skywalker chapter 20 . 9/7/2016
I love how Luke sees each world as a color.

Ah! No! No! No! Bad, emperor! Go away!
Tauriel Skywalker chapter 18 . 9/7/2016
Ha! That's how to introduce someone to the cold - a snowball fight. And Han started it...that's awesome :)!

Oo! That hurt. Leave it to a wampa to spoil a snowball fight.
Tauriel Skywalker chapter 17 . 9/7/2016
Wow! Again, ouch. That Leia and Vader scene was good!
Tauriel Skywalker chapter 16 . 9/7/2016
Skywalker has no clue what’s going on and everyone thanking him in his or her own way.

Yeah, Biggs. That will be interesting to see how their friendship develops since they didn’t grow up together.

Ouch. Poor Skywalker. This galaxy is not playing nice :(.