Reviews for Whore
Nightcrawlerlover chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
Wow. I always wondered what Mai's past was like when she was a kid, and what happened, or could've happened, to her while she was growing up. This is a great way of exploring that. And I like exploring things you don't really think about, too. Anyway, this is super-great! :) I like it. Very well-written, too.

Keep up your super-neat, very brilliant and creative writing! :)
ValykirieRevolution chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
Ohh I like how you've portrayed Mai, who just happens to be one of my favorite characters.
BumblingLobster chapter 1 . 6/17/2006
I liked it, but I don't get what yami meant at the end...but then again, i'm usually pretty slow, so it's nothing new.
Dustbunny3 chapter 1 . 6/15/2006
Very interesting and well-handled story. I was a little skeptical at first, but I couldn't help but check it out. It called to me.

I love your style. Although there were a few typos, it was a fairly smooth read.I love how psychological it is, angsty without being overly so. I also like how Mai compares herself to Anzu and Shizuka without outright saying that she's better or more mature than they are. What I really love is that Yami was brought into it without any breakdown into sappy romance. The concerned friend thing came across very well. And, frankly, it's nice to find a Mai-centric fic that doesn't involve hooking her up with someone. You really grabbed her character here.

I have a small favor to ask: Would it be okay if I archived this in my C2? It's for female-centric genfic
Growing Pain chapter 1 . 6/14/2006
Huzzah! Mai fanfiction, only about HER! :D *is so happy* *hugs you* Thank you so much for writing this!I loved it! I mean, here Mai is, appearing just as she did in the show (personality wise hehe). I loved how Yami came and all, though there was no romance between them (which I appreciated. General concern for a friend is what Mai needs firsthand, in my own opinion at least :P It's what she has lacked all her life. Love should be dealt with later)

I liked your style of describing things, comparing her to Anzu and Shizuka, and how she's with the men/customers (though she's just a stripper, right? That's what I got. Though your title states different. I personally think that might be what she feels inside though).

Aw man! I have so much to say I'm getting all...rambly and stuff (I am aware I just made up a really stupid word :P)

I liked the dark emotinos hidden under her mask of denial or whatever you want to call it. Fits real well, because she always want to make it seem as if she's perfectly well on her own, when in fact she's not. You captured that! :D Yay!

"She wasn't angry. Lonely, sometimes, but that was life." I liked this quote, because it really felt like Mai. She's been alone so often, she assumes it to be a part of life, and therefore doesn't try to fight it/make herself less lonely. But then, in the end of the story, reality comes crashing down! :D Yay! There is hope now, now that she has understood what's wrong and what she needs to do.

(Loved the KaiJou hint by the way :P)

*sighs happily* Thank you _ This was awesome. Mai's the best female character of the show! She deserves more fiction about her.

Synopsis of my useless ramblings that probably makes you annoyed: Kick ass story! Now I shall shut up, for I have talked way too much. Goodbye! *waves*

-GP
SnowIce chapter 1 . 6/7/2006
I don't think I've read anything by you and that this story is the first, so I can't really comment on your style. I'll just comment on the story then.

I loved it. I really did. I have a bit of a dark side that needs satisfying from time to time and this really hit the spot. The story sounded realistic and I understand Mai's thoughts and choices. It was all written very fluently and was clearly well thought out.

As I said earlier, I don't know you're regular writing style, but this one is really a keeper. _ *huggle*
BlueDragonGirl1 chapter 1 . 6/7/2006
The story had a real eye-catching title. That was what first drew me to it. It was very well-written. If it's a different style then you carried it out very well.
Aseret Kitsune chapter 1 . 6/7/2006
This was really good. I love the emotion and psychology involved in this piece. Wonderful imagery. Hope you don't mind if I add this to my C2.