Reviews for Beautiful Things Can Come From The Dark
ALRYM chapter 17 . 6/26
Very well done!

Your writing was without blemish. I noticed no awkward wording and found maybe around 3 typos overall. Your use of the characters was very believable. I think this was maybe the most believable path for Draco into the light I ever read.

The plot of the story was marvelous. I think you found a wonderful balance between Draco and Hermione with the addition of Pansy's scenes with Blaise. The additional relationship between Pansy and Blaise that was solely focused on sexuality and gaining pieces of information gave the whole story an additional level of reflection.

Maybe you could have hidden the identity of Hermione's rapist a little bit better, because I knew early on it was Lucius. You revealed Hermione's reaction to Draco in a way that allowed me to realize it was Lucius. But maybe I jumped to conclusion there? Anyway I loved the additional level of dread which this knowledge created.

Draco's cowardice was very well done. Picturing him unable to kill anybody and loaded with all these problems makes him one of the most believable characters on FF. I liked how he was hiding behind his mask and that he has all these flaws in his character.

For the end of the story: I think it is appropriate, that Harry and Ron were not able to find all of the horcruxes on their own and without help from Hermione.

Maybe someday you will grace us with a second story of Voldemort's downfall instead of your never written epilogue? Starting with the promised wedding. Having Harry, Ron, Hermione and Draco plot over maybe the last two Horcruxes. And finally Draco stealing the girl. That could be really enjoyable!

Until then!
fandomcat123 chapter 1 . 6/24
omg im in love but i need morrrrree! lol i love you great story
Katie chapter 8 . 6/21
I'm kind of confused. So is this like after snape died and after the war? Because if so then there's no way there could be voldemort because he died. Please help me
artisticbum chapter 17 . 6/11
loved your you for sharing and actually ending it.
Christy chapter 17 . 5/29
Awesome story. Well written.
Alice chapter 2 . 5/20
THIS IS TERRIBLE U DONT KNOW HOW RAPE WORKS THIS IS TERRIBLE
Explorativefic chapter 17 . 5/12
This was an absolute pleasure to read. I laughed out loud a few times and by heart was hurting for Hermione and I was always rooting for Draco. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE AN EPILOGUE. I know it might not be appropriate but a full lemon scene. Maybe after a while. Also I would love to see Draco 'fighting the good fight' with Harry and Ron. That might be a some difficult chemistry there but you have the talent to make it fly. Speaking of your talent, you are one of the most accomplished writers I have encountered online. Your grammar was perfect. Each time I thought I saw a typo, I was was wrong. You wrote well. The plot was good and addicting. The characters were new, yet true to their selves in Rowling's version. The only critique I ever briefly had was that I might have thought Hermione would have been stronger in certain areas but her being so vulnerable actually was a huge plot device. When Draco finally saw her strong self coming back in the last chapter it felt cathartic. This was great. Thank you so much for writing this. Also thanks for editing E82's Addictions.
How will Hermione do her spellwork without a wand with no one noticing? And she really should tell Minerva what happened if for no other reason than to make the wards better.
Mina chapter 17 . 3/21
This was such a wonderfully written story.
The scenes were tense and flowed well, though some of the POV changes were a tad confusing. At times it was difficult to read, with the emotional punch that some of the chapters packed. One of the things that I loved, however, was the way you wrote Pansy Parkinson as such a complex and multi-faceted character. I enjoyed all her scenes, and thought that you did a splendid job with her relationships with Seamus/Blaise/Draco/Hermione,and everyone who presumed to know her, without hearing her story.
So beautiful, this story really twisted my heart, in the best and most emotionally painful ways.
houdiniboom chapter 17 . 3/14
This fic is really a jewell. Don't know how I haven't come across it even after all of my time reading dramiones (which it's a lot btw) you did an excellent job with the plot, the characters were incredibly developed. Hope an epilogue, though. Anyway, I'm not even sure you're still reading reviews, but if so, here you got a new fav!
houdiniboom chapter 6 . 3/11
Can't believe how much I hated Draco in this chapter.
Lady Evora chapter 1 . 3/11
This is a fantastic opening chapter! Wow!
sorryspence chapter 17 . 2/27
I really liked that story of yours. Nice Character development :) Thank you for writing it, for making me smile...
R chapter 17 . 2/22
You are a good writer. However showing Draco being so heartbroken by his fathers death was inappropriate, even if believable in real life. By presenting it like that, you kind of said that it is ok to forgive anyone for doing something so horrible and justified all those family members of real life criminals who never stand up to them to give justice to their victims.
mildred meadowlark chapter 5 . 2/18
I just adore how you write Pansy. She's a wonderfully nuanced character.