Reviews for Beautiful Things Can Come From The Dark
Not a fan chapter 17 . 5/9
I’m sorry to say that I didn’t like this story at all. I felt I had to review as I saw it through to the very end.
My criticisms may seem harsh but I feel I must be honest.
- The plot was slow and boring
- Draco seemed to be quite pathetic. Constantly on the verge of tears. No backbone whatsoever. Seeming quite unlike himself a lot of the time. Far too feminine (I thought). He really was very OOC
- Found Seamus and Pansy as a pairing anything but believable
- Blaise, Crab and Goyle considered superior to Malfoy seemed far-fetched
- I particularly disliked how Malfoy seemed secretly to lack all Slytherin quality. The continuous sharing of his thoughts showed him to dislike all of his fellow Slytherins and to object to their ways - apart from Pansy - which is nothing like Draco’s actual character. Although his attachment to his father was realistic, his father being the central sadistic ‘baddie’ in replacement of Voldemort seemed odd. In the HP books, Lucius seems cowardly and not nearly as evil as he’d like to appear. I am, of course, aware that Draco appears somewhat cowardly in the books but I just think this was taken to an extreme. He was very unlikeable and far too concerned with Women’s Rights and moral which I doubt the real DM would be at all concerned with. Though he was portrayed as witty, it aired on the side of bitchy rather than good-humoured wit. I think DM does have a softer side but he’s not a pathetic limp soggy noodle who grovels to Daddy and cries to Mummy & HG and is ready to throw up at the mere mention of something amoral. Far too melodramatic for my liking.
- However. I did like how HG and DM’s romance gradually came about and your story was well-written.
Thank you for writing your fanfic though I doubt I’ll be reading any more of your works. You should invest more time into making already existing characters less OOC and try to pick up your plot pace.
very nice chapter 17 . 4/28
very nice
bruh chapter 9 . 4/27
I knew it, I fucking knew it
TheWaningMoon chapter 2 . 3/21
Well written but there’s not a chance she’d climb into bed with the son of a man who recently raped her
Eesha chapter 1 . 1/22
hey idk if you know this website called wattpad.. just sign up and copy paste the sem chapters and book cos that website is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay popular u'll get wayy more books to read there and also will be able to publish urs!
Lily chapter 17 . 1/5
Hey I loved this fic, I use to have mine posted but took them down years ago. But this is totally my vibes as well. The ending had me hungry for a series tho! This could be a trio logo easily...get into War fic...than post war fic. I co write with people, if you’re ever interested ! Loved thanks for your hard work
ximenabieber chapter 1 . 12/23/2020
I loved this . Someone recommend it in dramioneasks on tumblr and read it immediately.
I loved how the author portrayed Draco , nowadays FanFiction writers portray A very darkmysterious Draco that i do like BUT this Draco was fresh air .
Even though this fic talks about a very serious topic we have really sweet and cute moments between the characters.
Such a beautiful and heartbreaking story , rape is really heavy topic to write and the author did it rightly. We should give the importance of talking about this topics , because these things happen , sadly.
Am I abit late to this ? This was published in 2006 and it’s 2020 lol but I’m happy that I read it.
Rannp chapter 17 . 10/23/2020
Beautiful storylove your character of Draco.
redbrows chapter 17 . 7/20/2020
oh my god. thank you so much for this beautiful story! I really enjoyed the roller coaster ride. I wish for an epilogue though.
redbrows chapter 9 . 7/19/2020
I knew it! she said it all the time! oh my God... I wonder how Draco will cope with it
redbrows chapter 2 . 7/18/2020
it is just getting better. I love this Draco so much
thedepressedwriter chapter 17 . 6/18/2020
Just finished, it was absolutely amazing. Honestly, congratulations on the writing, it's not easy to treat a heavy and serious subject such as rape. More often than not I have seen stories that condone rape and violence in certain ways. Here, it really showed the trauma and the gravity of the act. Also, have to say that even though the main romance was Dramione, I thoroughly enjoyed the secret love between Pansy and her mystery boyfriend (won't mention his name, don't want to spoil).
Aetherios chapter 8 . 6/8/2020
I'm surprised Draco isn't catching onto the clues of who Hermione's attacker is. I suppose he's just unwilling to admit to himself that his father is NOT above rape. Goyle's comment, "HIS idiot father," obviously means that Draco is naive to think that Crabbe's father is behind the attack when it is actually Lucius who is. Even Hermione saying that Draco wasn't ready to find out who her rapist was and her other comments when Draco calls the rapist a 'brute' hints at who her attacker is. I wish he wasn't so blinded by the thought of making his father proud and Draco respecting him so much.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/27/2020
I really wanna read this but I cant stand rape :(
Missyr256 chapter 17 . 11/14/2019
I haven't read any Dramione fics for a long time. This was the first one to get back in and I immediately fell in love with it. The characters were very well written and the story was exciting from the beginning to the end.
1,040 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »