Reviews for Beautiful Things Can Come From The Dark
Kyonomiko chapter 17 . 11/25
What a wonderful story. Sometimes beautiful, sometimes difficult, I read this obsessively over a few days. Loved it
CherrySherry chapter 5 . 10/30
lovely. Draco is so LOVELY!
mglblood chapter 17 . 10/20
Well written. Thank you for this! Keep writing and developing your craft.
Did you ever tell us why Hermione was in the forest to begin with?
DearPheonix chapter 6 . 10/3
Is your Draco being deliberately obtuse? Or has he really not picked up in the clues about Hermione's attacker. He really seems to enjoy his denial. But he's coming off a bit dim if he doesn't at least suspect at this point.
ToMyMuse chapter 17 . 10/1
I wasn't sure I'd want to read this because of the subject matter, but I'm glad I did. The various points of view were very well written. A couple of unexpected pairings were surprising but fun. I think it took D a bit too long to figure out Rosie tbh. A very satisfying depiction of D and H becoming closer and closer, with ups and downs. (I hate it when a dramione rushes the relationship.) Loved Draco's "voice" and the banter between D and H. Well done!
Verdantia Akalixi chapter 17 . 9/13
I just finished reading this riveting story. Draco's internal conflict throughout the story was superbly well-done, as were all of the characters' actions and emotions. In this chapter, I especially liked the line, "He forgot everything, until he was just a boy without a father." You have a real talent in capturing human nature, author. Thank you for the great read!
ALRYM chapter 17 . 6/26
Very well done!

Your writing was without blemish. I noticed no awkward wording and found maybe around 3 typos overall. Your use of the characters was very believable. I think this was maybe the most believable path for Draco into the light I ever read.

The plot of the story was marvelous. I think you found a wonderful balance between Draco and Hermione with the addition of Pansy's scenes with Blaise. The additional relationship between Pansy and Blaise that was solely focused on sexuality and gaining pieces of information gave the whole story an additional level of reflection.

Maybe you could have hidden the identity of Hermione's rapist a little bit better, because I knew early on it was Lucius. You revealed Hermione's reaction to Draco in a way that allowed me to realize it was Lucius. But maybe I jumped to conclusion there? Anyway I loved the additional level of dread which this knowledge created.

Draco's cowardice was very well done. Picturing him unable to kill anybody and loaded with all these problems makes him one of the most believable characters on FF. I liked how he was hiding behind his mask and that he has all these flaws in his character.

For the end of the story: I think it is appropriate, that Harry and Ron were not able to find all of the horcruxes on their own and without help from Hermione.

Maybe someday you will grace us with a second story of Voldemort's downfall instead of your never written epilogue? Starting with the promised wedding. Having Harry, Ron, Hermione and Draco plot over maybe the last two Horcruxes. And finally Draco stealing the girl. That could be really enjoyable!

Until then!
fandomcat123 chapter 1 . 6/24
omg im in love but i need morrrrree! lol i love you great story
Katie chapter 8 . 6/21
I'm kind of confused. So is this like after snape died and after the war? Because if so then there's no way there could be voldemort because he died. Please help me
artisticbum chapter 17 . 6/11
loved your you for sharing and actually ending it.
Christy chapter 17 . 5/29
Awesome story. Well written.
Alice chapter 2 . 5/20
THIS IS TERRIBLE U DONT KNOW HOW RAPE WORKS THIS IS TERRIBLE
Explorativefic chapter 17 . 5/12
This was an absolute pleasure to read. I laughed out loud a few times and by heart was hurting for Hermione and I was always rooting for Draco. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE AN EPILOGUE. I know it might not be appropriate but a full lemon scene. Maybe after a while. Also I would love to see Draco 'fighting the good fight' with Harry and Ron. That might be a some difficult chemistry there but you have the talent to make it fly. Speaking of your talent, you are one of the most accomplished writers I have encountered online. Your grammar was perfect. Each time I thought I saw a typo, I was was wrong. You wrote well. The plot was good and addicting. The characters were new, yet true to their selves in Rowling's version. The only critique I ever briefly had was that I might have thought Hermione would have been stronger in certain areas but her being so vulnerable actually was a huge plot device. When Draco finally saw her strong self coming back in the last chapter it felt cathartic. This was great. Thank you so much for writing this. Also thanks for editing E82's Addictions.
How will Hermione do her spellwork without a wand with no one noticing? And she really should tell Minerva what happened if for no other reason than to make the wards better.