|Reviews for Beautiful Things Can Come From The Dark|
| Serennos chapter 17 . 4/5
Very entertaining. Draco’s conflicted, teenage, inner ramblings was very apt. Ending with Crookshanks’s observations was brilliant. Thank you.
| jr chapter 17 . 7/21/2021
What a beautiful piece of writing. It's been so long since this story was finished I have no idea if you're still looking at reviews, but just in case, I wanted to express how much I've loved reading this. The way you write is phenomenal—your language reminds me so much of the books, and Malfoy's perspective is incredibly believable! I don't think I've ever read a fic that seems to get him right the way you do, and I've read a whole lot of fanfic over the years. You've made him so endearingly flawed—he does despicable things, he hates himself, he's conflicted, he falls for Hermione so smoothly and naturally. The progression of their relationship is one of the best I've ever read. And the ending! Amazing. Thank you so much for writing.
| Guest chapter 17 . 6/25/2021
This was a rollercoaster type story, but in a good way. Thank you so much for the experience!
| rimar chapter 11 . 6/16/2021
| rimar chapter 1 . 6/16/2021
| Not a fan chapter 17 . 5/9/2021
I’m sorry to say that I didn’t like this story at all. I felt I had to review as I saw it through to the very end.
My criticisms may seem harsh but I feel I must be honest.
- The plot was slow and boring
- Draco seemed to be quite pathetic. Constantly on the verge of tears. No backbone whatsoever. Seeming quite unlike himself a lot of the time. Far too feminine (I thought). He really was very OOC
- Found Seamus and Pansy as a pairing anything but believable
- Blaise, Crab and Goyle considered superior to Malfoy seemed far-fetched
- I particularly disliked how Malfoy seemed secretly to lack all Slytherin quality. The continuous sharing of his thoughts showed him to dislike all of his fellow Slytherins and to object to their ways - apart from Pansy - which is nothing like Draco’s actual character. Although his attachment to his father was realistic, his father being the central sadistic ‘baddie’ in replacement of Voldemort seemed odd. In the HP books, Lucius seems cowardly and not nearly as evil as he’d like to appear. I am, of course, aware that Draco appears somewhat cowardly in the books but I just think this was taken to an extreme. He was very unlikeable and far too concerned with Women’s Rights and moral which I doubt the real DM would be at all concerned with. Though he was portrayed as witty, it aired on the side of bitchy rather than good-humoured wit. I think DM does have a softer side but he’s not a pathetic limp soggy noodle who grovels to Daddy and cries to Mummy & HG and is ready to throw up at the mere mention of something amoral. Far too melodramatic for my liking.
- However. I did like how HG and DM’s romance gradually came about and your story was well-written.
Thank you for writing your fanfic though I doubt I’ll be reading any more of your works. You should invest more time into making already existing characters less OOC and try to pick up your plot pace.
| very nice chapter 17 . 4/28/2021
| bruh chapter 9 . 4/27/2021
I knew it, I fucking knew it
| TheWaningMoon chapter 2 . 3/21/2021
Well written but there’s not a chance she’d climb into bed with the son of a man who recently raped her
| Eesha chapter 1 . 1/22/2021
hey idk if you know this website called wattpad.. just sign up and copy paste the sem chapters and book cos that website is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay popular u'll get wayy more books to read there and also will be able to publish urs!
| Lily chapter 17 . 1/5/2021
Hey I loved this fic, I use to have mine posted but took them down years ago. But this is totally my vibes as well. The ending had me hungry for a series tho! This could be a trio logo easily...get into War fic...than post war fic. I co write with people, if you’re ever interested ! Loved thanks for your hard work
| xbieber chapter 1 . 12/23/2020
I loved this . Someone recommend it in dramioneasks on tumblr and read it immediately.
I loved how the author portrayed Draco , nowadays FanFiction writers portray A very darkmysterious Draco that i do like BUT this Draco was fresh air .
Even though this fic talks about a very serious topic we have really sweet and cute moments between the characters.
Such a beautiful and heartbreaking story , rape is really heavy topic to write and the author did it rightly. We should give the importance of talking about this topics , because these things happen , sadly.
Am I abit late to this ? This was published in 2006 and it’s 2020 lol but I’m happy that I read it.
| Rannp chapter 17 . 10/23/2020
Beautiful storylove your character of Draco.
| redbrows chapter 17 . 7/20/2020
oh my god. thank you so much for this beautiful story! I really enjoyed the roller coaster ride. I wish for an epilogue though.
| redbrows chapter 9 . 7/19/2020
I knew it! she said it all the time! oh my God... I wonder how Draco will cope with it