Reviews for Zen and the Art of Mercenary Maintenance
dragongrrl chapter 4 . 6/19/2006
As always, an excellent chapter, SpaceAnJl.

I loved the heart-to-heart between Ilargia and Inara. So revealing.

I fear that Inara wishes to enlist River's aid in an undoubtedly risky gambit that has her posing as a companion-in-training in order to glean some vital information from somebody - perhaps a powerful dignitary who is threatening the Guild. Or maybe even an Alliance operative? If that is her plan, she will, as River has surmised, encounter strong opposition from Mal. No way will he want his precious Albatross to be endangered. Simon will be a hard sell, too.

Thanks for sharing, and please post again soon!

dragongrrl
ElspethBates chapter 4 . 6/19/2006
Ohh! I can't wait to see where you are taking this one. I've said it before, but it bears repeating. I love the way you write these characters! I feel like I watching un-aired episodes!
elp chapter 1 . 6/18/2006
I had to leave a note to say how much I'm enjoying this story - just seeing there was a new chapter up had me clapping my hands with excitement!

The writing is wonderful - and I can't wait to see where the story goes next!
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 4 . 6/18/2006
Ohh...if the vibe I'm getting is anyway accurate, then there will be some might furious dancing between Mal and Inara to come:P

Really loved Nara and Gia's conversation. Lotta insight into both women and what makes then tick. Though 'Gia's remarks about studying history strike me as being foreboding:(

BEB
GarniGal chapter 4 . 6/18/2006
Oh, Inara. What are you thinking? What have you done?

Crazy amazing story - can't wait for the next chapter.
pengwin-jibberish chapter 4 . 6/18/2006
Great chapter. I love the talk between Ilargia and Inara. Wait, does Inara want River to become a companion? That should be interesting.
MmeMozart182 chapter 4 . 6/18/2006
I started reading this story only because I was very, very bored...it quickly became evident that there's much focus on Inara and on Jayne, neither of whom are the characters I'm most interested in. However, THAT assessment of them is changing the more I read!

This is wonderfully written and *brilliant* in terms of characterization. Ilargia is an inspired creation and she and Jayne are adorable but eminently *real* and believable. I can't wait to see where you go with this!
GarniGal chapter 3 . 6/16/2006
I really enjoyed your first Ilargia story, and I'm glad you decided to turn it into a series. I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Don't make me whine!
ElspethBates chapter 3 . 6/16/2006
How fun... I love the way you write! I really feel like Ilargia has been part of the crew since the show was on the air! I look forward to your next chapter!
CanadianAbby chapter 3 . 6/16/2006
“Oh, all right.” Simon, inspired by a devil, taps Mal on the shoulder.

That was priceless! I can't wait to see what kinda of a twist you're going to throw in.
skabs chapter 3 . 6/16/2006
THAT was PERFECT! i can just imagine simon's smirk.
Culf chapter 3 . 6/15/2006
Simon dancing with Mal? And it's his idea? I don't believe it! *sniggers* I still can't accept Jayne's wife. There's something funny about her.
dragongrrl chapter 3 . 6/15/2006
Lovely chapters, SpaceAnJl. Soem funny stuff, e.g., Ilargia pinching Jayne's nose shut so he's forced to surface for air and notice River in all her painted glory. Like Mal, I'm wondering what Inara's ulterior motive is for inviting Serenity's crew to the training house - other than to see Mal, of course. Wow, get Simon liquored up, and he loses some of (never all of them, of course) his inhibitions! Great visual of him waltzing with Mal, LOL! Keep up the excellent work, and please post again soon!

dragongrrl
ElspethBates chapter 2 . 6/12/2006
Vibrant as always... you are still leaving me wanting more! But then so did Josh Whedon. ;-)
neptuneskiff chapter 2 . 6/12/2006
Loved that chapter! And the description of the teal. Can't wait to see what comes next after that look between those two.. hehe
55 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »