Reviews for Mrs de Winter The Ashes of Manderley
LiLoDu chapter 2 . 10/21/2012
Wow, that's really something! It's probably too late now to ask for an update, considering the last review was 2 years ago and nothing's happened since then. Too bad, would have loved to read more.

Still, great 2 chapters!
angies chapter 2 . 4/11/2012
Please write more of this! It's just great! I need to know how the story continues.
TheBatgirl31 chapter 2 . 2/3/2012
More pleeeeease? I really liked this!
pygmalion chapter 2 . 7/28/2010
this is really really good please continue
1eye chapter 2 . 1/5/2010
One of my favorite books... you did a great job! I would love to see more.
loved it chapter 2 . 5/22/2009
beautiful...absolutely wonderful. there are definatley not enough stories for this fandom
Bella chapter 2 . 4/22/2009
Wow. You don't see too many Rebecca fanfictions around here, which is sad, because I LOVE REBECCA, and I don't have an account (sniffs).

This is a really well-written story. I mean, you captured Maxim's vulnerability and Mrs. deWinter's "grownupness" (maybe maturity is a better word:P). Also, you expressed their love as, well, love, not extreme lust. I've seen many oneshots ruined because the author made what was supposed to be a loving scene into a ridiculously lustful one. You had a good balance between the two.

I really hope you update. I read the real Mrs. deWinter, and I started crying at the end when Maxim died (killed himself?). It was kind of awkward because I was at a dinner party. No one noticed though.

I LOVE REBECCA. Okay, anyway. This is a great story! Pleassee, PLEASE, update in the near future. I will anxiously await it. I'm begging you! I'm down on my knees! The world needs a good Rebecca fanfiction! Please?

Bella

*PS* Please update? For my sanity. I'm going to go insane if you don't. Please?
MusicalMaryann chapter 2 . 1/22/2009
I am enjoying this. It is really the only Rebecca sequel of interest here! Are you planning to continue?
weirdsoccergoaly chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
this is really good
thunderball10 chapter 2 . 5/2/2008
yo man,I'm a big fan of old films.I really liked this story,it seems as if it came from the novel itself.I plan to write a drable soon based on Rebecca.
despairfulthorn chapter 2 . 1/26/2008
amazing. you mastered the style of the author perfectly.
laughingfalconess chapter 1 . 10/31/2007
This is outstanding! In two chapters you've summed up the characters and the continuation of the story better than in Susan Hill's dull, rambling and horrifically ending sequel "Mrs. de Winter". [Warning "Rebecca" fans: don't read it!] I must confess: ever since I read Maxim's words in "Rebecca" and heard them in the (Hitchcock) movie "...and I should make violent love to you behind a palm tree." I couldn't get them out of my head! I loved reading the de Winter action in Chapter 2. Keep that going further! They deserve some happiness after all the torment they have both endured. Please, please, keep this going! I'm dying to read more! :)
mokenju chapter 2 . 8/18/2007
It seems Max de Winter needs to be always in limit situations to show his passion/love to his second wife. I wonder how he managed this kind of intimate situation when he married Rebecca (before knowing how she really was, of course XD).
mokenju chapter 1 . 8/18/2007
I wanted to make some concrit (because I know how less "interesting" are the "Great work, update soon" reviews), but I really haven't found anything that doesn't work with this first chapter. Really well written.
Intellectualdisgrace chapter 2 . 8/4/2007
Hey there - this is good. Please keep going. There are so few writers of Rebecca fanfic out there.