Reviews for Digimon: Apocalypse
FuckWhyAmINotCreative chapter 28 . 5/3/2010
This story was so good, I look forward to reading the next book. There was so much drama and suspense. I think that it's good that you made the story your own, I havnt read anything else like it.
Glory Nizenea chapter 28 . 6/13/2008
Thanks for allowing me to add this story to my C2! It's absolutely great. :D
Frozen Twins chapter 28 . 5/28/2008
Dear FruitLoop Trooper,

I have finally finished this story and wish to give you a very etiquette, and business like review in order to help you become a more accomplished author to further strengthen your writing skills.

Betamon X: And if you believe that Numemon, or that we're not going to be making comments at every other word in this review. Your a moron.

Gomamon: I Guess it could be worse, I mean, he could be a foolish moron.

Lucas: Or he could be a foolishmoronmon.

Betamon X: Is that a crack at digimon?

Lucas: Yes.

Betamon X: GET THE HERATIC!

Gomamon: Wait a second... who's the heretic, the one fighting against the digital god or the one who supports the digital god who's really a Dark Digimon in disguise?

Sigh... Anyways

Betamon X: and now for our comment at every other word.

(Slaps face with Palm)

Back to some seriousness. First thing... The Black Death was absolutely marvelous and very well executed. I did feel that it became somewhat put off at the very end of the story, because other then Iduia dying from it, it lost a lot of strength it had in the very beginning of the story, especially since you didn't give an explanation on why it went away. It affected Chosen in both the real and digital world, not just the Digital, otherwise a lot less people would have had it.

Betamon X: Great way to add X digimon, I must say... BUT WHERE WAS GIGASEADRAMON!

The Demon Lords was well set up and a good explanation at the end, however I felt that the Four Horsemen could have been left out. It was overkill, excess. It was very much unneeded battles. If you wanted to go with the whole death thing, then you could have brought in BlackWarGreymon to do that. He's a fun character that not to many people do well. Then again, he'd be a hard character to kill off easily like you had all the others, but he would have fit the bill for so many things.

Gomamon: I must say, that their was a lack of U.N involvement in the black death and this area. If news choppers where their, you can bet your tail that some one, probably the Japanese Government was going to try and Nuke the crap out of Gulfmon, or at least attack him with Choppers or jets or something.

As you can notice, Gomamon is the more perceptive of the three.

Lucas: So I'm ten. Sue me.

The Daughters of the First. I must say, that I didn't like the idea. You did it very will, it was well explained, but I didn't like the whole pre-digital world stuff about the ten former Chosen. You gave them far to powerful digimon to be beaten by Murmuxmon, even with the fact of the Soul Catcher. They shouldn't have been beaten in all honesty. It's one part that I don't exactly understand. It was poorly thought out, but executed well, except in the weapons, that was poorly thought out and poorly executed.

Now, the actual storyline itself. It was well done, but I do have a few things to nit pick. First was that the X were seemingly weaker, then all of a sudden start kicking the buts of the Demon Lords. I must say I found that annoying. Especially how they all died, except for Koushiro's double, fairly in a line.

The next major nit pick I have is that the moon part seemed excess, it could have been shortened and cut out or down. I understand the need to kill off a few people, however I don't understand why you need to create two chapters to do it. They eggs didn't even really do anything in the end except prevent Taichi's cousin from being in the final fight. Sure they got them to Mega's, but those Mega's really weren't important in the end. You should have stuck with Taichi Yamato combo you had with Lucemon. It would have worked out better.

Gomamon: (Glares very hard) Jyou marries Anne? WHAT IS THIS CRAP! Very foolish.

Lucas: I'm going to have to agree, they're was no, even hinting, of it earlier.

Alright, I'll finish this review by doing what I thought of the Couples, and then the characters themselves.

Taiora: Well done, but I just didn't feel any real pull for it. It felt almost thrown together for the entire story.

Yamato/Norika: Not to bad for an ending. It felt nicer then the Taiora, not like it was forced, but came on gradually. I would suggest more on Yamato's part for it however.

Michimi: YES! A PERSON WHO DID MICHIMI! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Betamon X: Enough said. That was awesome.

Gomamon: Still think she should have been with Jyou.

Lucas: Yeah, well your biased.

Hikari/Morito?: The only thing I didn't like about this was that you hardly mentioned him during the entire time. It felt right, but almost confusing, since they didn't seem to actually be pressing for it.

Dingo/Lynne: I think Jyouchon as my favorite couple has been replaced.

Betamon X: I must say before we get to the characters... GO TAMER CAMEO!

Gomamon: You so should have put them in the end scene where everyone gets married.

Taichi: Well, developed, if a little late. We don't understand why he is how he is until he starts changing. I must say the very end with Maria was a very nice touch. Some of the best character development I've seen on .

Lucas: Yeah, Thinkers about the only one who's done better.

Yamato: I liked him, but he didn't have any problems to character devolopize. He was pretty much the same the entire story.

Sora: Seemed a bit cheesy after she's rescued, but everything before that was well put together.

Hikari: I felt that you had her as access. Not a real part of the story, I mean she gets Nefertitimon X, who end up being the weakest X Perfect. They're is powers erupting all around her, and the Crest of Light seemingly means nothing. You cop her out at the end, just making her get crystallized. The only part that I actually felt that she was needful was in Taichi development, Sora's development and Taiora development. Everything else seemed excess and unneeded.

Mimi: I loved Mimi, when you did something with her. She seemed mostly a lot of extra baggage, but then she gets these absolutely great moments, as when fighting to protect Taichi and Miyako's double. Those scenes where so great with her, but I feel that you brought her in to late, because you missed on a lot of good Character development that could have gone extremely well.

Michael: As much as I love Michael, I feel that all he was, was Baggage. He seemed their for the sole reason of a Michimi coupling, and nothing else. You completely underpowered MegaSeadramon X, and Gigaseadramon never even showed up. I like that you used him, but you just didn't do anything with him. OC's got more attention then he did.

Jyou: Out of all the characters, I feel that he was the most tossed to the side. He didn't really seem to have any attributes that actually suited him. Except in the very beginning when he first found out about the Digiltari, he seemed in all honesty useless. I'm also disappointed in Gomamon's attitude. You didn't have near enough Gomamon styled jokes coming from him. You had one moment I can remember off the top of my head, but that went by fairly quick.

Yuri: I didn't pay to much attention to him. He's the kind of character that you hate until he dies, and then you're mad that he died. I did think killing him off was the right thing to do their.

Dingo: ... ... ...

Betamon X: GO DINGO!

Dingo (cont.): I really enjoyed this. He was so well put together that he became my favorite character of the story. When Yuri died, I told myself that I would not finish the story when you killed Dingo off. Luckily you didn't kill Dingo off. He was very well done, and I liked that he always had a laid back attitude. I feel, (now that I look back on it) that he kind of took Jyou position in the story. He was perhaps your greatest work in this entire story. So well put together and an absoulet great job. 10 for 10 with Dingo. Still, I feel that you bullcraped him in the end, but meh, that's life.

Lynne: I really liked her, and she had some decent character development if you read between the lines, but I feel that she got to liking Dingo to easily. He should have had to win her over instead of just her and him getting cozy. She was well done however.

Noriko: Good OC. Decently thought out, Decently put together. I've seen better, but I've seen worse. Not much to it.

I think that's all the characters I actually wanted to say anything about. I enjoyed the story immensely, but I didn't enjoy the cursing, but that's just a personal preference. Anyways, you're story minus one chapter (16) end up being 461 pages. Probably take off thirty or so for advertisments from .

Betamon X: Well, see you next time.

Gomamon: Just do more with the digimon, that will really help out. The Digimon are awesome, but you don't do near enough with them. They have such fun characterization to write, and give the reader something different.

Lucas: My last comment is that all in all, your first ending was better then your second. The Second was predictable, the first was classic.

Betamon X: The first being when Lucemon get taken down.

Gomamon: What do you know, Lucas and I give helpful advice and you just say goodbye.

Betamon X: Eat Numemon Poo.

(Sigh)

Frozen Triplets

Lucas

P.S. This is all my review I wrote before I decided to just do this large one at the end.

Betamon X: As for what we were thinking when we wrote some of them? Don't ask.

Apocalypse Reviews

Chapter 1

Alright, I'm skipping the Prologue because I read it a long time ago, decided to skip over it and didn't want to give you a review based on a really old memory.

Alright, you did a good job with a basic developments of the characters here, however, I don't quite understand the world at this point, it seems as if the entire cities are ghost towns with digimon and humans just waiting to die, yet, you have a place of seemingly sophistication? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense. However, I can skip over that fact.

The battle scenes were well done, and I do like Gomamon's evolution and the pun on X chosen/ ex-chosen. Definitely sets up a nice attitude, but the appearance of the seven people seemed almost too cliché. I'm surprised at you, cause it wasn't even Fanfic cliché, but Anime cliché. Oh well until the next chapter.

Betamon X: It better have Michael and Mimi in it.

Chapter 2

I must say, you have Catherine and Sora just waiting, begging to be introduced to the story, but never there. I did enjoy Taichi's little episode with the knife, very well done, and a lot more like the Taichi we know. I've always wondered how much of a better job Taichi would have done then Daisuke at leading the second group, and you do well with this, I think.

As for the religion thing, definitely a cult. I'm religious myself, and I can see exactly where your coming from... It's well put together.

I do enjoy the good old fashioned X fight as well.

Chapter 3

The End of this chapter is cruel and unusual punishment. The main event being Takeru's “rebirth” I can only assume the rest are undead digi-destined as well, and I'm sure if I went back I would find that many other people would figure that out as well. Thus this brings up some things... Koushiro and what will happen when he appears... or is it really Takeru or a cousin or somebody who looks a lot like him. I would find it hard to believe that Takeru really is the culprit, and if it turns out so, I may just skip this story and head onto the next one.

Betamon X: You also treaded on dangerous ground with Dingo. Bringing in one of the coolest characters besides Michael, Jyou and Tai... and then threating to kill him? WHAT THE DIGITAL WERE YOU THINKING!

Gomamon X: I must say, we will stop reading all your stories the minute Dingo dies.

With Lots of love

(LOL)

Betamon X

Gomamon X (Gomamon X: Are you kidding me. Here too? I thought having the just with X Evolution: The Ark Project was bad enough!)

Chapter 4

Alright, I figured it out. The names just come from the human there based off of, rearranged. I knew something was up, but it wasn't until Koushiro's was fairly familiar that I figured it out to.

So no, Dingo or Jyou, but this chapter was executed well, and it bodes well to have a seemingly third group in the mix of everything. The Seven are the Demon Lords of course, no surprise about that, but I must say, I do give you plenty of credit for referring back to the original five digidestined. I'll be interested in how it plays out.

Betamon X: No Mimi or Michael, I've begun to wonder if you've forget ton about them.

Gomamon X: Yeah, and no Jyou either... what is this?

Last stopped Here

Chapter 5

Alright, your naming of the books is great, pestilence and war. I so hope the leader of the religious fanatics dies a horrible death... and I mean horrible.

Betamon X: YES! FINALLY! MICHAEL AND MIMI!

Gomamon X: And a very good job of them too. I must say I'm surprised.

As for the imposing lights, I must say, the only thing I can come up with is the nine crests, the problem with that is that there's no “Black” crest and only one shade of a blue crest. So that's down the drain.

Betamon X: So we have the reincarnations that don't even know there reincarnations of destined... and yet Takeru's version seemed to know that he was Yamato's brother...

Gomamon X: Well... are you surprised, if the person was based off Takeru, they would have some sort of intelligence.

Betamon X: Meh... I still think you should have come up with something better then Enk.

Chapter 6

Alright, I knew it was Sora as soon as you said both Female and infected, otherwise you would have killed her off in the very beginning. So, Taichi and Sora's counterparts come into play... eh? Very interesting... this chapter was basically just a pain in the but to keep readers absolutely hooked. You could be the worse author in the world, but readers would keep at it just to see how it ends.

Kudos for Taichi and Yamato... and I take it that the Ultimate forms will show up soon? Can't wait until we see Gomamon's, and you know, for having Jyou's thoughts at the beginning... you really didn't include a lot of him here. We'll until next chapter, I want to get back to reading.

Chapter 7

Betamon X: Ok, that's just rude. I mean honestly, you finally get all the cool X Chosen together, having them fight one of the toughest Digimon in all of history... and then knock them all out and have Tai black out just as you have Taiora moment.

Gomamon X: As for real criticism, it's been good, We're just surprised that Taichi hasn't shown more signs of starategm. You had it once in the last chapter, but it doesn't seem like Taichi's style, I mean the way the battles have been going. A lot more like Daisuke's style.

Chapter 8

Alright, so this one was great.

Betamon X: FINALLY ULTIMATES! LETS KICK SOME MEGA BUT!

Gomamon X: I can't wait tell we see some Mega action.

Betamon X: I prefer Giga Action myself.

By your set up, things are about to get even more interesting... I can't wait for the scenes with Sora and Catherine... that's going to be hilarious. I do hope you have more of Dingo in the next series... he's a perv... but really cool.

Gomamon X

Gomamon: Ain't this the Longest review you've ever gotten.

P.S.S I've had an idea floating around in my head for awhile, but I wasn't sure how to use it, but reading your story has given me a great idea. So I'll mention that fact, as I may be accidentally stealing ideas from you, I don't mean to, I just like how you portrayed the Digital World in the beginning.
Frozen Twins chapter 5 . 3/4/2008

Gomamon X: Yeah, and no Jyou either... what is this?

Frozen Twins chapter 4 . 3/4/2008

With Lots of love

(LOL)

Frozen Twins chapter 3 . 3/4/2008

I do enjoy the good old fashioned X fight as well.

Frozen Twins chapter 2 . 3/4/2008

Betamon X: It better have Michael and Mimi in it.

Yami Vizzini chapter 28 . 10/25/2007
Since this is basically the beginning of your final epic, perhaps this and its sequels should be saved for last, but I didn't, so I'm finally reviewing this amazing tale. The story literally had me hooked through the end! Your OCs, from the remainder of the First's Daughters to the Demon Lords, were engaging as well. I have to say that I figured the figure (heh) behind Cahiti (once we heard it) was also Chihi's "God".

Only one complaint, namely that constantly using everyone's full names was a little unwieldy; I actually like that sort of trivia, but I don't need to be reminded every other paragraph. Still, even that points out that it's hard to beat this fic for scope!
Digimon Forever chapter 28 . 9/4/2007
Simply brilliant. You could consider having this story as an actual book, or a few book volumes. Great job on finishing this story.

- Star Otamon
Miyo86 chapter 28 . 4/30/2007
X.O...Wow...o.o *Applauds*Incredible fic-sad,terribly depressing and at the same time cute fic!Have enjoyed watching this unfold...so many dead though*sighs* But wait...there's a sequel? O.O
BridgitKiido chapter 28 . 4/20/2007
I happened to run across this fic a couple days ago, and I am very glad that I did. It was an absolutely amazing story. I like how your style is detailed enough to really get into the story, but not too detailed as to detract from the story itself. And the plot... well, it had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. I also especially liked how you gave all of the characters that have more minor roles in the anime huge roles in this story. Thank you very much for writing such an excellent story, and I look forward to having enough time to read the sequel as it comes out. -
dark672 chapter 28 . 3/31/2007
A Master piece as always
The Digital Gate chapter 28 . 3/30/2007
Go Megas! They woulda gotten him if he hadn't absorbed that dark energy...cheater.

[Hououmon stared at her. “Most?”] That can't be good.

[Metalgarurumon X did not move as his body was transformed into crystal, and Wargreymon X could only stare up at the night sky as the wave crept over his eyes, blocking his vision forever.] NOO!

[She nodded. “Yuushi was a First Chosen as well, and I hold his power of Fate, I too, am a Daughter of the First.”] Col.

YEAH! OMEGAMON! X! GRANDRACMON'S GONE!

[Happiness was there, all you had to do was reach out and grab it.] That's wise.

...

The ending ROCKED!
warriorseadra chapter 28 . 3/30/2007
i don't understand, did cahiti know he was being manupulated from the start and help taichi and yamato defeat him so they could fight grandracmon?
HevnoAngered chapter 28 . 3/29/2007
What. . .I mean. Hahahahaha! Wow! You did it! This has surpassed Mystic Digital War. This has become truly something.

Now this will be a long review. So sit back and grab some champaigne. It's celebrating time.

First off! Wow! Kari! GOT PREGNANT! AND GAVE BIRTH TO A BABY GIRL! Excellent touch. I mean I use to be skeptical about Mitsu, ya know like how I have a protective older brother sense. But yep I'm proud that she met someone that was not Daisuke or Takeru. Hahaha you got me saying their japanese names now.

Next up Apocalymon. Wow! Just wow! He was tearin it up! Moment he came out boom! The action just went crazy. I mean I know I would've been power hungry with all that power. GranDracmon had a true rival in Apocalymon. And then the way he conquered him. That was pure genius. I practically screamed 'he saved back a crazy move like that just for this moment!' Ending Apocalymon in a climactic statue. I mean that's something that should be made and sold! I would love that statue! That was a classic kodak!

GranDracmon truly was a terror. I mean when he first said he lost I was like 'what?" kinda confused. Then he realized he wasn't a tfull power. ANd what'd he do! He jumped up and conquered everyone. GranDracmon was a beast. Especially when he said 'You just don't get it! You can't win!'. It's true. I mean he's been around for so long, it must seem ridiculous from his eyes to be smited by people he would consider kids.

Omegamon X! Now that was classic. Cape billowing in the wind? Man if only I could write like that. I'm taking notes! Hahaha. And it wasn't like he was invincible either. But regardless he came out and beat that A$$. Garuru Cannon was phenomenal. Yeah still underestimating a royal knight now? Huh! Didn't think so GranDracmon. He then what? Pulled out the sword! Impaled the oh so noble vampire. That was great!

Now I felt a moment of sorrow when I found out Mrs. Kamiya was in crutches resulting from her coma. But she had to show up at the wedding. As did the digitalatri. . .and Miayag. I know I couldn't hold my excitement in. I'd yell and scream. A wedding oh my.

When Omegamon appeared forcing GranDracmon to acknowledge a royal knight. I had a weird feeling. He said 'A royal knight? Here!" It's like well if they're still alive and the digital world was annihilated where else would they be? More so the fact that he was acknowledged as a royal knight made me think that there was some mystery that would be revolved around that. But little did I know that my suspicions would lead to the announcement of a sequel! That was crazy.

And then I read the last. . .poem/prophecy. And it's like. What is. . .Digimon: Gog. And bam! Sequel announcement. I dind't jump for joy like I would usually do. I"ve been burned out. I merely gave it an approving nod. I am excited.

Now to wrap this up. Your fic is something else. There are a lot of new age fics running around that are pretty interesting. They give us a feel of how digimon fics have changed over the years. As great as they are. . .or however epic they may be. . .they just odn't have the classic feel to them. This fic is in my opinion a nice throw back to how digimon fics use to be. You've done a good job of fleshing out characters, giving us plot twists, and still saving something for the end that isn't seen as overdone! or Overdramatic. It was perfect. What you did my friend is pull out the 'perfect digimon fanfic'. A complete 10/10. 4 stars. This is the type of thing that will remain in someones mind long after the site is gone.

This is a true tale of Digimon. Thank you for giving me the pleasure of reading it. Till next time. Late.