Reviews for And the Sky Was on Fire
Never Morrison chapter 1 . 4/4/2013
Hm. Okay, quick question? What in all the worlds of Potter fiction, did this one shot have to do with Olive Hornby?

-Never
Emerald Olive chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
Whoa. This is very intense. I love it and it makes me want to cry at the same time. I thought it was cool how we didn't know who the characters were until the middle of reading the story, it made it so much more intense. I really loved it.
Gaby Black chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
That was sad and well written, especially the descriptions.

- Gaby
Rose of the West chapter 1 . 7/29/2008
It's beautiful, although I'm not sure I fully understand it.
TomOrli BloomingWell chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
That was so sad. I like the way you have him portray his thoughts when he is visiting his daughter's grave but switch to an omniscient point of view during the flashback. I just have to ask if the daughter an OC or a cannon character? Except for that tiny moment of confusion while I was wondering whether she was an actual characters in the books or not, I thoroughly enjoyed this. It was a marvelous interpretaion of how far parents are wiling to go to save their children.
sweetysmart0505 chapter 1 . 5/16/2008
I really liked this story. Good job.
Cuban Sombrero Gal chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
Your prose is definitely sophisiticated, and I think that was my favourite thing about this piece. The mother's grief is already poignant, and your words definitely accentuate that. I also think your characterisations of both Voldemort and Harry are spot on, and you really do have a way with words.

Thanks for such a wondrous piece.
Bad Mum chapter 1 . 4/16/2008
That is just beautiful. I like how the baby gave him the strength to fight.
Lexie-H chapter 1 . 4/13/2008
Wow. This is an incredible piece of writing. In the first and last pieces, your tone is mysterious and haunting, and your narrative beautifully nostalgic. The contrast they bear to the central scene is striking, and cleverly contrived. Voldemort and Harry are both perfect, and I'm breathless with excitement because this is one of the most sophisticated stories I've read in a long time.

I love it.

I'm going to add this to the Reviews Lounge archive, because I can't believe this story hasn't received some more attention!

Simply stunning,

Lexie
deejayD chapter 1 . 8/1/2007
You've made me want to cry, like only a few other fics have. This is so wonderfully written, and I wonder, what inspired this ugly twist?

For once, I'm not curious - it's such a heart-wrenching story, I don't even want to know who the mother was, because it will just make me grieve more.

Amazing piece of writing!
Adalee Bishop chapter 1 . 6/17/2007
Absolutely beautiful. There are few times when I come across a truly brilliant fanfiction, but this is one of them. It was unbelieveable. Your way with words is breath-taking. You have a true gift for writing, and when I see that I give the up-most respect to the author. I want to thank you for writing this remarkable fanfiction. Brilliant work.
Via101 chapter 1 . 8/10/2006
omg...there are no words. it was amazing (wow i guess there are)
irishileana chapter 1 . 8/4/2006
*bursts into tears* That was so amazingly beautiful! Now I'm going to be depressed. But seriously, when someone can get me to shut up for as long as you did, it's a sure sign of an amazing author. One question though . . . why was your main character listed as Olive Hornby?
Naruke chapter 1 . 7/16/2006
*wipes away tear* Very well done! It's not the 'Oh-em-gee, I have a kid!' kind of thing. It was...damn, I can't come up with a word. But it was very good, considering how many bloody fools have tried writing this idea. xP
James-and-Sirius-are-my-life chapter 1 . 7/14/2006
That was interesting and I kind of liked it!