Reviews for everything was once
ambariino chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
I love how stories can form from simply reading a line or hearing something. I especially love when they create such a beautiful and heartbreaking story. My favourite bit was near the end with the diamond smiling up at her and making her think its asking if she remembers how lovely everything was once.
The Enchanted Teakettle chapter 1 . 10/6/2011
Wow, this was really wonderful and intriguing! I'm impressed that you wrote such a beautiful story about a minor character that appeared so briefly. I loved the descriptions, especially when she goes into Merope's house. Wonderful, wonderful fic! :D
Cliodhna chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
I love the stories that are inspired by literally a line in canon. This was beautiful.
yay chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
I've never even considered her before, or what happened to her. You did a great job!
icansoar chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
I've always wondered what happened to Cecilia as well - you portrayed her situation quite nicely.
LadyMacbeth chapter 1 . 1/21/2011
This is amazing. I love how you took a very minor character that I don't even remember reading in the books and totally transformed her into a deep, round character. The present tense gives it very interesting mood, as well. Very well done!
Jemma Blackwell chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
"Forgetting is impossible. The prospect of it hurts more than remembering ever could."

I know what that's like. I lost my son 8 years ago when he was a vibrant 16.

Your story is fascinating, and you are the first I have ever found who thought to write about those two. I am keeping it on my hard drive. You managed to impart a very eerie quality behind the sadness. I give it an "O".
saradha chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
This fic is amazing. This is the first time I've seen so much done with such a minor character. She only had two lines in the books but this fic gave her personality, flesh, character. This is what fanfiction is all about - exploring and expanding upon the world created by the original authors.

"Tom could look beauty in the face, unfailing, because he knew he was worthy of it" This line struck me in particular, I found it so very honest.

My favourite part of this entire fic, was the confrontation between Tom and Cecilia. Their exchange was very realistic, simple and heartbreaking. I think you paced it very well. And Cecilia's visit into the Gaunt household was quite appropriate.

I hope you continue to write as you have a real flair for it and I look forward to reading more of your fics!
Loonynamelass chapter 1 . 3/19/2010
Fantastique. I never saw anything like it.
cosettex chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
amazing rly great! totally original too.
viennacantabile chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
what i like best about fanfiction is the way some writers take the obscure, only-mentioned-once characters and give them life. and you've done that beautifully with cecilia. i actually feel bad for the snot, now...lol.

but what happens when tom comes back? i want to know, i want to know! :D
the-coconut-bubble chapter 1 . 8/27/2006
Very interesting. I've never seen the story as described from Cecilia's point of view before.

The present tense threw me off a bit, but grammar mistakes were at a minimum. Nicely done.
Living in Time chapter 1 . 7/22/2006
I haven't read HP in such a long time that I don't really remember where this scene fits in, but I have enough of a trace of a memory to enjoy it. And of course, the good writing makes it stand on its own. :D

~KP
vietnow chapter 1 . 7/7/2006
i decided to try and find a good story on the most obscure character and was suprised to find one. this is so god! it could even be what really happened because we'd even never know if this is something like what j.k. rowling intended... it was a really good idea to write a part of the story that was never written.
Jobey in Error chapter 1 . 7/1/2006
Brilliance! Excellent getting into poor old Cecilia's head, and exceedingly well-written, even for you, and just the right combinations of Muggle/Wizardry, canon/fanon, familiar/unfamilar, and I simply loved it!

Except for the New Age poetry sort of parenthesis and the crap about Ophelia. But you obviously had too much fun with it for me to imagine asking you to change it. Thanks so much for this read!