Reviews for Getting Rath Back
Firehedgehog chapter 8 . 10/31/2010
how did i miss this? loosk interesting
KatzeIason69 chapter 7 . 11/12/2009
everything in this story is so wonderful.
HK-Revan chapter 6 . 8/27/2008
This is nice. I like it. Please continue. I'm happy you kept to the cannon with Rath being the kind of Arinas (sp?)
Katie chapter 6 . 6/25/2008
I just stumbled across this story and I must say that I really like it! I am very curiuos about what will happen next.
Schnickledooger chapter 6 . 2/25/2008
OK, wait! Before the story's chapter:

*Kharl uses half his soul to create a winged demon more powerful than even himself. Later this demon would be called Rath, but for now he is known as the Demon King of Arinas. Together they rule, occasionally dealing with some Arinain trying and sometimes succeeding in killing Rath*

So, Kharl created his own master? I know it's your theory, but do you think Rath or what was Rath was younger than Kharl or was older? Or did Rath exist before Kharl, he was master at some point. So, yeah, I'm confused when Kharl says in the manga he created Rath but then Rath turns out to be his master. So Kharl created his own master? Hahah, I'm really confused now;;

Kharl's utter obsession, um...devotion to Rath!

*"Hush now." He caressed one pale cheek with those same delicate fingers. He just couldn't seem to stop touching him. It was the only way Kharl could reassure himself this was all real. That this was Rath. All of it. The feel of fur and feathers and smooth skin. The smell of his blood. The faint sigh of his breaths. "Go to sleep. I'll still be here when you wake. It'll be alright." There was a constricting pressure around his heart again, but this time it was the fluttering constriction of joy. In the cradle of Kharl’s arms, eyelashes fluttered closed. For the longest time, he sat there, staring down at Rath, knowing him, unwilling even to loosen his hold. Until exhaustion pulled him into a half-conscious stupor. Until finally, he leaned back against the wall, settling Rath against his chest, and closed his eyes…*

I cannot express my emotions on this scene other than you leave me speechless at it's sentimentality(TT)

See, I read a fic. It's utterly fantastic, and I have no idea what to say other than I thought it was great. I'm so bad at reviewing;;
Schnickledooger chapter 5 . 2/25/2008
Ah! Sad chapter! *Rath wasn’t going to tell him. Kharl knew it. Whatever it was, Rath wasn’t going to tell him. There was a void between them again. Somehow this horrible chasm had opened up and separated them. Rath was only a few feet away from him. But he might as well have been a thousand. Kharl couldn’t understand it. What had happened? They’d been so close. Rath had reached out for his embrace, had needed it, Kharl had felt it! And then… this. The thought kept coming with increasing frequency: “I’m losing him.” And he couldn’t stand it. He couldn’t stand the thought of letting anything tear them apart again. Not Lykouleon, not Dragon blood, not even Rath’s own thoughts.*

So it seems no matter how hard he tries, it appears the Fates will never let him and Rath be happy for long. Somehow, Rath's subconscious knows he's living in a false reality?

Also, the repeated nightmares with his name being called and the "Give it back to me", is Rath hearing someone calling Kharl who has picked up that red stone in the 1st chapter which was Rath somehow? Is getting confused;;

In any event, I'm still enjoying this fic-~
Schnickledooger chapter 4 . 2/25/2008
POSTIVELY *FAV* LINE HERE:

*“Rath, I made you.” Startled flash of eyes. Carefully, he reached out and turned Rath’s chin to face him. “Your soul, your body—there is not a single piece of you I didn’t create. And yet you… you are a gift that no amount of cautious planning or alchemical equations could ever hope to simulate. The meshing of body and spirit into that special thing called a soul is and will always be a miracle. You are a miracle. No, you are more than that. You are my miracle.” And there at last was that smile again. Kharl smiled back. “I promise. I’ll protect you.” Then, with a movement too quick for Rath to dodge, he reached out and ruffled his hair again.*

:insert teary-eyed, flutterhappy, heart-melting, feeling of mushy fluff sweet enough to cause cavities: X3 X3 X3

Oh, I have insane, insane urge to draw this scene:

*He yawned, stretched, started to stand up, and finally caught sight of Sinistora and Rath. They’d fallen asleep in front of the fireplace—Rath curled up against Sinistora’s side, her silky fur and tail like a thick blanket. They looked so peaceful curled up like that… Kharl was struck by the sudden thought that Sinistora might have been able to sense something of her namesake in the boy beside her. Perhaps that was why she’d taken such a liking to him. And in that second, Kharl could see it too. Something in the way they were both sprawled out, basking in the warmth of the fire. Something even in the book that lay cover up where it had dropped from slack hands*

Luffed itw
Schnickledooger chapter 3 . 2/25/2008
Leeayre, Leeayre! Girl, you *killes* me with this line:

*Thud!

That would be the sound of Kharl hitting the floor.

Thwump!

That would be the sound of Rath hitting Kharl.

Whack!

That would be the sound of the bedpost hitting them both.*

XD XD XD

I can see that so very clearly in my head I'm glad you showed us the deleted scene. Mineko Ohkami should do that in DK. "Another Extrodinary Tale of an Ordinary Day in the Life of Kharl". Even without Rath there, I bet it's chaotic-~
Schnickledooger chapter 2 . 2/25/2008
Oho, it's Naive!Rath again Haven't seen him in awhile. Think Mineko Ohkami made him disappear by the time Vol.4 came around. Then he was alternating btw anger management and ANGST/suicidal/depression issues. It's nice to see him chipper again. Though how old is he? Is he still like a teenager or since I think Kharl transformed him again in CH1, is he little again?
Schnickledooger chapter 1 . 2/25/2008
Fweehee, hey, Leeayre! Look who's finally reviewing-~

Ooh, so I can see how some scenes fit here from Vol 25, but this was written before TP released their translation? Did you read the Japanese volume beforehand?

Like I said, don't expect magnanimous(if that's how you spell that;;) reviews from me. I really don't know what to say other than I loved the first chapter, especially the scene at the end with Rath in Kharl's arms.

*“You’re mine,” he whispered. “You belong with me.”*

Yes, very Gollum-like. :nods happily:

Off to the next chapter!
Kitty-chan chapter 6 . 12/23/2007
I just read some reviews and i kinda agree with sarehptar on when peaple kill your babie,they die,the first its Kharl as well,they would have been wiped out WAY before then.

(sorry for bugging you again.)
Kitty-chan chapter 6 . 12/23/2007
my prefrence between those two peaple is bierrez :)
kitty-chan chapter 6 . 12/23/2007
so when are you gonna update? i hope this is'nt the end!
Lady Ariez chapter 1 . 11/22/2007
You are the bestest! I love DK! sadly there are few DK lovers were I live... BUT I LOVE THE STROY SO PLEASE WRITE MORE!
CelticGoddess09 chapter 6 . 11/21/2007
Hey I liked the chapter! Rath is my favorite charcter. And I personally think either Gil or Bierrez would be good to come with Cesia!
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »