Reviews for A Widow's Kiss
Misty Blue chapter 1 . 5/9/2013
Oh, this is Silverbolt, all right. Confused, yet certain. Blind to the lie, yet able to see the truth. I love this paring with all my fan-girl being, but sometimes, when I watch older episodes of the series, back when Blackarachnia still lived the bad Pred-girl;s life, I really can't help but wonder... why her? For someone as noble, couragious, kind, and selfless as this guy, who takes the words "knight in shining armor" too literally, why this black widow? But again, I've heard someone say, love is blind yet not. :)

Sweet, deep, wonderful piece! Love Silverblack forever!
KimeraCG chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
Good work, this internal monolugue of Silverbolt comes out well. _
Atlastme chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
I can't believe I haven't reviewed this before! I loved your insight on Silverbolt's character and I thought I'd critique one point you made. Silverbolt says here he would never kill anyone for Blackarachnia. Yet when she "dies" trying to become a TMII, he does attempt to kill Tarantulus. Maybe he would've refused a request from her, but I find your analysis somewhat ironic given what happens.

Spectacular job capturing Silverbolt's personality. White knight characters are simply fascinating in general and your analysis was top notch. You write beautifully.
Moses-the-little-gurl chapter 1 . 12/10/2006
Luv It!
Rebound chapter 1 . 7/22/2006
Wow.. That just seriously mad me cry... Great job..
Malcolm Merlyn chapter 1 . 6/13/2006
I came into this fic expecting typical SB/BA slop but instead, got a thought-provoking and well written piece of work that delves into Silverbolt's mind unlike any I've ever read before.

Blackarachnia and Silverbolt happen to be two of my least favorite characters from the show but what you've written raised many interesting points.

"What if the Blackarachnia I see is an illusion, another deception, and the others were right about her all along?"

This is a good testament to perhaps what Silverbolt might have been thinking in the show. Throughout it all, it could really be argued that he was only seeing what he wanted in her instead of what was really there. Blackarachnia originally joined the Maximals in what she described as an act of self-preservation. Even when she was on the team, she was still untrustworthy from stealing equipment to hiding the TMII device all for herself. This line harkens right back to the show in presenting how Silverbolt did sometimes idealize her and even added good qualities to her in his mind that previously were not there.

"She makes me contradict myself in ways I never knew."

This is another brilliantly written line. In some ways, Silverbolt did forsake his honor and his integrity with winning her over. We saw in the Agenda trilogy how Silverbolt inadvertantly helped to almost destroy the entire Maximal race due to his infatuation with her. In Deep Metal, both Silverbolt and Depth Charge had an argument where Silverbolt angrily accused Depth Charge of not being a Maximal anymore by not following orders. Your line on contradictions only underlines the hypocrisy in Silverbolt's anger since he wasn't exactly doing his duty either by running off to chase Blackarachnia.

Anyways, I just want to say that you've written a very thoughtful and profound piece of work for your one shot. Everything in it flows well and the ending itself is quite poetic. While Silverbolt isn't exactly my favorite character, there have been a few portrayals of him in the show and in fanfiction that I do find to be sympathetic sometimes. Your fic is one of those portrayals.

Yeah, I know this review was a bit long but I thought I'd at least leave you a lengthy and detailed review since you only have just one short review so far. You're a talented author and I look forward to reading more from you in the future.
SBBA 4ever chapter 1 . 6/13/2006