Reviews for Single Circumstances
Silawatsi chapter 12 . 1/17/2014
I know I whined in an earlier review about "everyone only writes Angst!Jak, whyyyyyy," but I will readily admit that I love well-written angst (It's the over saturation of angst fics that frustrates me). *sigh* Besides, Jak has the most impressive "angst resume" in ALL of fictionland. It would be ludicrous NOT to expect a waterfall of Angst!Jak fics.

For crying out loud, SUICIDE would be completely plausible, (even expected!) from someone with a laundry list of hurt as long as Jak's.
Silawatsi chapter 9 . 1/17/2014
Wow, you just opened a whole new alley of plot bunnies for me, with this chapter. I never considered what happened in between Jak getting OUT of the fortress, and getting INTO the underground; mostly because I never envisioned there BEING a break between the two.
(SO MANY "RECOVERING FROM IMPRISONMENT" PLOT BUNNIES SPAWNING RIGHT NOW)
This chapter has also given me a lot to think about on the true nature of Dark Jak; with your concept of D.J. not being a separate entity at all. A slip in Jak's constant efforts to control the dark eco results in at least partial transformation; NOT full on rage monster, but halfway-subtle things like horns in blone hair - well, that theory holds a lot of implications. I love implications, there's so much you can do with those!
Silawatsi chapter 2 . 1/16/2014
HELL YES; You write Jak as the character I imagine him to be. I'm sick of other authors treating him as either a 24/7 angsting brooder, or a nihilistic jerk. FINALLY, someone who is willing to write a lighter (read: sassier) side of Jak!
Silawatsi chapter 1 . 1/16/2014
This... this... ohmygodmyfeels. MY FEELS.
DarkEcoFreak chapter 14 . 12/24/2012
Aww that last one was so sad! I loved this! You should write more!
Ocean's Tale chapter 14 . 3/5/2010
"That “I’m going to tell you nothing’s wrong but there’s still things in my head so scary I wouldn’t mind putting the scatter gun in my mouth to shoot out the creepy” look. Jak has that look down."

That made me grin and I spent a fair bit of time quoting it to myself. :'D

But then I read Absolute Zero and had to try really hard to keep myself from crying. :c That is simultaneously adorable and heartbreaking.
just.an.anon chapter 8 . 12/9/2009
Sadface! D:

That was so amazingly sad, but perfect. I wish I could write more but that's pretty much all I can come up with; that it was perfectly done.
just.an.anon chapter 4 . 12/9/2009

I lol'ed so hard my dorm neighbor asked me what the hell was so funny.

God I love your Daxter. Hes so small but hes a tough little fucker. You write him so well.

This was way too adorable. Vulnerable!Jak is great, and so is Supportive!Daxter. The ending was fantastic and d'aw-inducing.
just.an.anon chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
"And you're a good judge of character! Ha! Look at you!"

Great line! You couldn't have picked a better line to start off this fic. I loved that cutscene in the game, but I feel like Jak's reaction should have been worse. Your fic makes up for that pitfall in the actual game (which is why fanfiction is so great!)

Absolutely loved the bit about Jak having nightmares about Erol while Keira idolizes him.

The part about her not liking the dark "aftertaste", I guess, of Jak was also fantastic. I hadn't thought about that, but it makes a lot of sense.

I always though that Jak jacking hover cars and how he feels about always doing it would be something good to include in fanfiction, so I'm super stoked you threw that in there. He may be stealing cars and throwing people to the ground, but at least hes doing it for the greater good, right? And, like you wrote, to save his skin. Hes a hero, but hes far form perfect and you capture that in this and your other Jak & Daxter fanfiction really well.
Nocturnal-Dayz chapter 14 . 9/15/2009
Wow, I found every single one of these stories to be absolutely fantastic. The way you shed light on parts of the series' storyline, the characters in different situations, the details, everything was amazing. I hope someday I can write like you, as authors such as yourself seem to set the standard that I often strive for. Amazing job!
Youko Rayah chapter 6 . 10/1/2008
I about died laughing when I read this.

Razer is CLUELESS about what happened. ALL those mooks are! If they had a clue about WHAT Jak did, and what Daxter IS...

ho boy.
Irishpotatoes chapter 5 . 8/25/2008
God, that's freaky.. I was just thinking about that scene between Jak and Keira earlier today, and I was so freaking pissed at her- how she could just judge Jak and jump to conclusions about him, without knowing anything. This settles my sanity a bit. All these one-shots are fantastic, by the way. The world needs more quality Jak and Dax fics. :)
ShadowChild Of Death chapter 4 . 1/19/2008
Aw that was sweet and cute.
Five Minute Obsessions chapter 3 . 9/7/2007
Hmm, why aren't there any reviews of this chapter? I was browsing around and happened across this one-shot again, and I remember this is one of the first and most memorable one-shots I read when I first entered the fandom. I read it today and I still really enjoy it... I love the concept. These are my two favourite characters EVER, and I never thought how any sort of meeting between them would pan out. I loved how their personalities clashed, they were both delightfully in-character, and the whole thing seemed pretty fitting in the aftermath of Jak 3. It's interesting that they were so evenly matched - is it strange that I enjoyed it when Torn hit her, and then she hit him back, and they just kind of glared at eachother?

Anyways, this goes on my fav list, and I'll probably come back to read this later because I love it so much.

-Five Minute Obsessions
Five Minute Obsessions chapter 4 . 4/9/2007
That ending made me "aw". And it takes a lot to get me to aw.

You're very strong with dialogue and capturing everyone's characters. It really shines through here because you're using Daxter's POV - it was so cool to read, I felt like I was actually in Orange Lightning's head.