Reviews for You've got another thing comin'
Wolfgirl007 chapter 21 . 12/22/2013
This is the second time I've read this story and love it! I loved the authors note you put at the end and I thank you for putting your life on the line for the rest of us.
LukaLover chapter 23 . 7/11/2013
I absolutely love you for this!
Celsius009 chapter 23 . 6/17/2012
This fic is brilliant. I think your initial oneshot transitioned seamlessly into an incredible story. The characters were themselves, dialogue was believable, romance was cute. The originality also merits mention: unique storyline complete with conflict, climax, all that stuff that makes a story worth reading.

It's not common someone can introduce their own characters without them being overly "HEY LOOK AT ME THE AUTHOR MADE ME, SEE?" but you did it as it should be. They came in, brought whatever element they were needed for, and left quietly. As any characters who aren't the main ones should hehe. Perfect execution.

Another aspect I particularly enjoyed was actually the lack of explicit sex scene. While I'm certain you could have done it tastefully, it really set your story apart from others in that it didn't NEED sex like most other fics demand. It allowed the reader to follow a much more emotional and thought-driven relationship development rather than a purely physical one.

One of your strengths that really shines through in your writing is conveying your real life knowledge and skills into written form. For instance I'm gonna go ahead and guess you know a bit about guitar, cars and guns haha. Believe it or not whenever a song was mentioned within a chapter I'd CTRLT to youtube and have it playing while reading. Each song was perfect for the scenes and it really enhanced the entire experience.

Again, thank you. It was an amazing read and the amount of people who outright say so is but a fraction of those who enjoyed it.

C9
slstmaraudersjple chapter 23 . 2/28/2012
Well, it took me 2 days, but I finally finished this! Thank you so much for writing this. I enjoyed the character of Eleanor. It was a rather original and interesting new development and added an element of humor through its her interaction with Chidori. :) As for the story itself, it was beautifully written, and I have to admit, I rather enjoyed the way you incorporated your own personal experience into this. I've always held a respect for our troops, and reading your notes at the end of chapters only increases that respect/affection. I'm actually at a loss of what to say. But thank you for writing this as a reminder for the rest of us - I'm going to remember the tidbits about veterans. God bless you and your family!

Cordially,

slstmaraudersjple
Daichilover chapter 23 . 1/17/2012
This was really great. You made me laugh a lot while reading, but your story is part of a small group that actually made me think of something. The Veteran definition really put into perspective some of the things soldiers do for this country. I have a father-figure who is a retired veteran so this just made me think about it.

Thanks for writing the chapter!
That Swedish Guy chapter 23 . 6/18/2011
Finaly got around to reading this work. Thank you for writing this, as it gave me two solid days of reading a Grade A FanFic.

*Hat off*
satomika chapter 23 . 10/11/2010
nice!

and i cried in some of the chapters...

well...

hope you update other kaname/sousuke fics!

i'll be waiting!
Laserai chapter 23 . 7/18/2010
First, a hearty salute to you soldier. This is by far one of the best pieces of Sousuke/Kaname fanfics I have read in a long time. All aspects of the story from character interaction down through story design, grammar control, military terminology and environmental knowledge and logistics, technical aspects were all nailed with sniper precision. This is by far a five star fanfiction with my only regret that I had not found it sooner. Your combat experience is clearly seen and your passion is felt in every single chapter of this story. My other great is that it has ended but I understand all things must end at some point. Alas, your story had my full attention for the past two days as I poured every last bit of extra time I had into trying to read it. Damn good job, soldier! I couldn't have written it better myself. I am rather curious to see how things go with them in America though. Well, I have ranted enough. Take care and may your trails be safe for you and your comrades in arms. Laserai Out.
Kirinthor chapter 23 . 4/19/2010
great story :)
Jimmy1201 chapter 23 . 2/12/2010
Armydude in this story posed the question - “We know that Sousuke has severe problems dealing with feelings - what if he learned to play the guitar and was able to express some of his feelings with music?” Taking that idea and running with it, Armydude has written a believable, entertaining story with the added bonus of a rocking soundtrack to go with the story. Stylistically, he often presents a scene, then backs up in time to tell the story of how things got to that point. Pulls this off very well. I liked when he brought Kaname into an action role - but gave her actions to perform that were totally believable for her character - a brave, athletic and very ANGRY young woman. It does seem odd that neither seemed to be thinking of what would happen after graduation earlier in the story, but I'm guessing dealing with that would have just cluttered the storyline for no real gain.

Thanks for a well written and well thought out story.
FYEAH Legos chapter 17 . 12/28/2009
I'm sorry, I can't bring myself to understand anything that is going on in this chapter. You seem to loose me, greatly, during the action scenes... Please can you explain to me what's going on. I understand the whole going after the gang thing, but that's it..
Soraswife chapter 2 . 12/28/2009
Ok just one tiny thing right after Kaname was thinking about how the girls would be all over Souske if they found out about his guitarism... She says the word 'what' I think it's ment to be wait but Its really small... I loved this chapter and i'm excited to read more haha, feels like I'm watching the actuall anime. :)
RagingCacti chapter 23 . 11/27/2009
Armydude, This has been a fantastic story. I loved the throwback to AMG back in the earlier chapters, with K1 and all. I congratulate you on being able to write this while in service I have been looking into the military myself, Navy if you are interested. My Grandpa was on the subs just after WWII, and I want to follow his footsteps. Only thing, I fear that I romanticize the military too much. Ah, look at this. I'm rambling. 1am does that to me. Great story, continue living. Thanks.

Mr. Sauer
Alexeis chapter 23 . 11/5/2009
Ola,armydude!Do me a favor:in your next FMP fic,please send staff sgt. Sagara on a mission to kick Carl Maceks goofball ass for NOT LETTING THE REST OF THE MACROSS SEQUELS THROUGH TO U.S. DOESN'T OWN !p
bowlfullofcherries chapter 10 . 10/6/2009
i debated whether or not to leave this review because the last time i voiced this observation, i got burned. male writers tend to put the hero in situations regarding the story's heroine in the dominant role. meaning, he generally has the upper hand. you've done this, though i don't know your gender. even the moments when Sousuke 'sweats' aren't really about him being in the wrong, just clueless, where you have Chidori having to swallow her pride and bowing to his expertise on more than one occasion. just a thought. an observation, as i've said.

sometimes your characters are ooc but i'm having a lot of fun imagining them in the roles you've given. thanks for the read.