Reviews for Destiny
cyn23 chapter 3 . 4/27/2009
option 2
Hayha chapter 3 . 12/30/2007
With an entire town going "improved/alien" then there are going to be thousands of other improved people out there that are undetected.

It's a losing war.

Now, what if Molly's visions are the product of her being a whole lot more infected than she thinks? What if she is being programmed by the "improved" people to have unprotected sex with Sean to

a) make sure he is good and infected by having them infect each other back and forth.

b) reproduce - have her produce a baby she thinks will save the world until she wakes up and realizes she's on the other side.

It's a nasty trick, make you think you are doing something needed to prevent the "aliens" from taking over when it's because you have been "improved" and don't know it. There's certainly a precedent. Lucas Pegg and the assistant who wasn't there. That soldier who thought the other guard was there.

They specifically said unprotected sex was a way to transmit it.

That soldier was infected due to the food chain. Now real world we import an INCREDIBLE quantity of our food. You don't have to disclose what country brings it in. Think how much easier it would be to "improve" people in say Mexico. Just grab some people, infect them, raise some veggies and then go sell people those veggies. It's technology in their domain. Very quickly, they could improve whole villages and communities of farm workers. Then they could arrange for an invasion of Mexican produce, and fan out from Mexico into Guatamala and Honduras and all those countries.

OK, we'd stop eating fruits and vegetables, but that attack would be so wide spread that tens of thousands of people in the USA would get hit. From there, they'd start coming up with new means.

For example, go selective. Blood banks are now testing for being improved. Improve blood bank technicians. OK, some die. But some go back to work just a bit hungrier. Instead of weeding out blood that is alien infected, they would deliberately improve it. They'd have to operate in blood banks in every major city. Synchronize it so the blood is released the same day. Suddenly tens of thousands of people walk out of the emergency rooms very improved.

Go random. Figure out a way to "stealth shoot up" people. For example, nail somebody in a crowded subway entrance line. Whap, they get hit with a very fine hypo needle into some exposed area. Get out of there and then go nail someone else.

Go sniper. OK, this is a lot of hassle and is extremely obvious and would get reported but it can work. Do you know those tranquilizer dart guns?

Go for work places where people will bleed. Tattoo parlors for example. Give them something extra with their new tat. Or homosexual prostitutes. Give them a surprise extra with their unprotected anal sex. Hey, the prostitute would even look very appealing and healthy with all the muscle they'd be bulking up with.

Become a charity worker. Arrange for people to work in needle exchanges for drug addicts. One day when everyone is ready across the country, the order is given. Suddenly needle park has a whole new look.

Where are shots given in mass? Something like TB testing or allergy screening?

You're an improved prison worker, say a lowly infirmary technician. You could quietly improve the guards and then once you have a working number you line the prisoners up, improve them, hand them guns and money and car keys and open the gates. It's helter skelter with thousands of improved cons, many of them armed, suddenly on the loose.

By synchronizing all these attacks, suddenly the nation has massive numbers of people being "improved" all over the country. A lot of people will suddenly die, but they will have no idea how many people are now perfectly healthy aliens, probably many times the numbers that they know died.

So then what does the government do? Admit it? Try to contain it? It's like containing a plague. Quickly the number of people who are improved over-run the unimproved. People are held down and shot up.

So what is the social side of being improved? Do the drug addicts go clean? Does the lowly lab tech suddenly become accepted by the improved guards?

What happens when improved people go to other countries and spread it? There are countries with poor law enforcement where it would be very easy to spread it by one of the above methods. What happens when most countries in the world have a large improved population - waiting to strike again in case the USA population is hit? It's going to be unstoppable.
TVDLoveSucks1009 chapter 3 . 10/4/2007
Option 2 would have to be my vote.
ginsensu chapter 3 . 6/6/2007
option 2 is my vote!
Tata blp chapter 3 . 2/7/2007
Option 2! please continue
DarkProtectress chapter 3 . 2/4/2007
Great story so far. I have a really funny idea to make at least one of the others freak out at this dream.
BizzyLizzy chapter 3 . 1/27/2007
I'd go with option 2 - I like where this is going so far and look forward to seeing where else you take it.
Sugarbubbleslove chapter 3 . 1/27/2007
Option 2 is okay for me - just take your time with the story - it's kinda frustrating that they cut it short so we have lack of information but i'll be happy with whatever story you have along Molly/Sean are together.

Hope to see more from you soon.
Nymphadora.Sirius.Forever chapter 2 . 1/3/2007
lizy you so need to update this, reading it again made me love it even more honni.

Ally
Tata BLP chapter 2 . 12/6/2006
ohh, pleasee continue!

This is just perfect! I LOVE M/C together!
mARIA Gonzalez chapter 1 . 11/29/2006
I think the story was great way to go!
Fabiana chapter 2 . 11/25/2006
I loved it! just... I mean I know we're all fools for fluff but that they have only begun a relationship on the unsteady basis of their complicated lifes and are already profesing their love for each other seems a bit soon... perhaps, just wait a 2nd and let them explore their relationship, meaning lots and lots of fluff... then, they can start saying that 'cause it foes kinda seem OOC
RLS83843 chapter 2 . 10/23/2006
I found the dream sequence too convenient. You might want to consider rewriting the story where they actually get married. It would take some work, but it would be worth it. P.S. Threshold is capitalized.
RLS83843 chapter 1 . 10/23/2006
Paulette would never have said, "infect." Everyone in the town said, "improve."
Mellie E chapter 2 . 10/4/2006
Ahw, this is so cute! They make such a lovely couple...

Haha, I wonder what will Dr. Fenway will say when they suggest the use of Michael's blood... I so want to read that part.

You will continue this, right? Pretty please?

Mellie.