Reviews for Living the Martial Way
Guest chapter 2 . 8/7/2014
No curse or trip to China No Ranma 1/2. Changing canon is great but at the same time how is it a fanfic if you change the main character in such fundamental ways that he could just as easily be Bob the OC? It's like Harry Potter without magic or Naruto without ninjas. Kinda pointless.
Tsukoblue chapter 1 . 5/23/2014
One thing the author of this fanfic could have done was have Ranma give Nabiki one of his eyes so she could see once again
Tsukoblue chapter 9 . 5/23/2014
Great story, it would be nice to see a second part to it
Rogue7 chapter 9 . 10/26/2013
Beautiful story
Rexnos chapter 9 . 10/12/2013
I hate to critique old work, but I feel it's basic courtesy to at least offer my thoughts on the story.

I felt the story really had great potential to begin with. I always appreciate a story that adds a degree of seriousness to a plot or world that utterly lacks it. Such a move tends to dramatically increase my interest and simultaneously add a great deal of depth to the characters and the rules of the fanon. I felt that giving Ranma an iron hard will and stone cold morals both followed the basic tenets of the Ranma universe and made sense. I'm well aware there's a great deal of mental discipline to martial arts.

I could also appreciate Genma the monster. Horrible acts committed in a cartoon universe suddenly seem truly horrible when everything gets more real. He's already something of an antagonist within the series so it made sense.

Unfortunately, most of your other choices didn't quite add up to me. I rolled with your choice to make Nabiki blind, but I don't really see the reasoning. I somewhat appreciated her as a character right up until she started to burst into tears at the drop of a hat. She ended up as nothing more than a weak wallflower whom Ranma could protect.

The story also didn't read much like fan fiction to me. I was looking forward to a sane, rational and intelligent Ranma confronting the mess that was his life from canon. Instead you scrapped canon entirely and told your own story. That can be acceptable on some levels, but you really peeled back all the layers of canon until there was nothing but names and a few trace resemblances.

All in all, sorry to be so critical. The first chapter really seemed to have potential to me, but you took the story in an entirely different direction from there. It was reasonably well written however.

Later,
Rex
Rune Tobor chapter 9 . 7/28/2013
While it is not really Ranma it is a very nice story.
I found myself needing a smile so I re-read this.

Thanks for posting it.
shugokage chapter 9 . 2/7/2013
Beautiful story about an unique perspective of the original story good job!
irnzenmonk chapter 9 . 12/17/2012
this is a nice story ne
Raynze76 chapter 9 . 10/20/2012
great story, very touching and interesting to see how people would be different with circumstances in life were different
GeorgeTobor chapter 9 . 7/2/2012
It is a nice story, a lovely tale, and I enjoyed reading it.

But I still say its not ranma much less Ranma 1/2.

Thanks for writing and posting though.
GeorgeTobor chapter 8 . 7/2/2012
I don't like posting negative reviews, if I don't like the fic I just stop reading most often. My most negative review was not here on FFN but on TTH, someone had killed a fav character in a short scene, my review was "Die". Character deaths should mean something, that one did not.

On this fic. Its barely ranma, you changed so much.

Now it is a nice story, well except for "fred".

Try going back and substituting:
Fred for Genma
Tom for Ranma
Alice for Akane
Betty for Kasumi
Cindy for Nabiki
Sally for Nodoka
Harry for Soun

Do this and the story reads almost as well, the things that make Ranma an individual character are mostly gone.
GeorgeTobor chapter 7 . 7/2/2012
Well cripple the waste of skin.

Not many do that either.
GeorgeTobor chapter 6 . 7/2/2012
I'll guess Neko-ken. And a "normal" Ranma might be trying to teach Nabiki to use her ki to compensate for blindness. Ki "radar" is cool.

Does this Ranma use ki?
GeorgeTobor chapter 5 . 7/2/2012
Well it is an interesting story, if not the Ranma I was looking for.
GeorgeTobor chapter 4 . 7/2/2012
I found this looking for Ranma and Nabiki fics that were complete, there are not many.

Congrats on the complete bit.