Reviews for Dynasty
Stallion6 of Deviantart chapter 45 . 7/22
My only dislike is the fact that I couldn't find the art links.
Trihedraf chapter 15 . 7/3
xIw
Trihedraf chapter 15 . 7/3
Skepsis Forever chapter 45 . 7/2
Interesting ending I supposed. Awesome story though, even if it abated from some elements of canon. Great worldbuilding too, I'm glad the OCs weren't over the top or Mary Sues (in that annoying way). A shame Palpatine didn't care to have clones this time, I hope he's well being one with the Force now.
I have only a few slight issues, one of which this took place as much as politics as warring in the stars. But then again, this may just be the quintessential sith politics fic. I liked Anjaleen's breakdown and the characters' reaction to them, though I'm sorry for her father, I think he was the only reasonable sane man at court, barring maybe Ra'chealla if she weren't so blinded by Luke. I still think what you did to Ra'chealla was cruel and unusual punishment, maybe Luke could have used her, but oh well.
I'm glad Nathaniel and his wife survived to the end, great people that may make the Empire more livable. At least there are some decent people that can make the Empire better, so I can see some hope for the future. I still don't like the Empire's fist-in-mouth policy, but at least it'll probably save the galaxy some grief in the future.
It's been a blast reading this, great job all around!
Skepsis Forever chapter 40 . 7/1
That was... actually touching with Palpatine. Interesting so far, a few more chunks to go and it'll be over. But I loved it until now, even with the canon liberties you took.
While I remember, I don't get why Vader has to publicly reveal his healthy body. Rumors are rumors, but they'd die down and the Empire owns the press, so the larger world didn't need to know about him being perfectly well. They managed in less than 20 years to stamp out all memory of the Jedi and they couldn't keep Vader's health a secret?
Also, calling him Darth as a first name is... just wrong on so many levels. And I'm surprised Luke hasn't been sent through training hell yet, or given a Dark Lord name. And that they're not running around the Galaxy trying to find more Sith holocrons. And what's with the Sith destroying Jedi holocrons instead of corrupting them? Sith are supposed to use anything at their disposal for their plans, destroying any ancient tech should be against their code. The Jedi did because they feared "corruption" from the Sith holocrons, but how can Jedi holocrons corrupt?
Palpatine really subordinated the Sith creed to his own wills in this story. I'm ok with this only because I always thought the Rule of Two was dumb, as dumb or maybe dumber than destroying a whole planet of Sith to achieve it because some insano thought this'd make the Sith stronger.
Skepsis Forever chapter 4 . 6/30
Interesting court... plots. Probably just the tip of the iceberg of this story. I liked it though. It had that shock value to semi-important mooks that I love in stories.
Skepsis Forever chapter 2 . 6/30
Great story, but I can't really agree with your view of the Empire. The Empire was made on sorrow and billions (maybe trillions?) of deaths for the sole purpose of one man's (and his predecessors') thirst for power. While I like the idea that some Sith can be tamer than others, I just can't view the idea of an empire ruled by SELF-CALLED DARK SIDERS whose own motto states that peace is a lie being a good thing. Sidious, Vader and their subordonates have done many, many horrible things not to run a nice empire, but either because of bloodlust, thirst for power or other such reasons. Whatever one says, Sidious' Empire makes the Old Republic and the Jedi look like sunshine and rainbows. Yes, the Jedi were hypocritical bastards, but they didn't torture to death people they didn't like and had a decent purpose. The Sith's purpose was always to rule through intimidation and destroy their opposition, and most often imagined one at that.
I love this story. The plotline and twists to the story are amazing.
Elhana chapter 45 . 4/11
Dear, Valerie Vancollie.
I really liked your work, and I ask your permission to publish it in prervode into Russian.
Sincerely, Irina
WinchesterNimrod chapter 10 . 3/29
OMG please tell me Luke doesn't fall for Mara.
I love this story.
Simply amazing
star wars fan chapter 4 . 1/16
I love this story. The plot is really great, and has and interesting twist. This is definantly the greatest star wars story I've ever read.
Carol chapter 21 . 11/27/2014
Yeah, count me among those who checked out of this story once Leia was killed off. Once it happened, I just skipped to the last chapter to see what happened at the end.

Dark stories are great, but I think it takes a lot of skill to write one well, and not have it come off as, well, something that's just dark for the sake of it. And with the way Leia was killed off, that is just what it began to feel like to me, sorry. Since Luke gets turned to the Dark/Imperial Side pretty quickly, there is really no journey going on in the story about that, or a real fight (internal or external) about it from Luke, or coming from anyone else. It's just a romance story set in the Empire with a Dark!Luke twist.

It also didn't help that the way the female character were portrayed in this story constantly kept turning me off, even before Leia got fridged. Star Wars never had a lot of interesting female characters to begin with, and while I was forgiving about the OOC-ness regarding Padme Amidala (because she was already dead and this story was written before AOTC and ROTS came out), I wasn't finding any of the OC-females interesting either. Especially not to the point that I cared one way or another who Luke ended up with.

I don't want to leave this review on a totally negative note, so I will say that there is a solid idea and premise in the set-up with this story. Hell, there was good court-politics things I think worked really well also. And the writing is pretty good, especially given the quality of writing you can normally find on .
ANanthropologist chapter 1 . 10/27/2014
Hi again!

Just read over my review and realized it probably sounded pretentious. Didn't mean it to be! I really did enjoy the POV and am fairly sure you did it on purpose. I think I'm just disturbed by how few people seem(?) to not realize what's going on behind the words, if that makes any sense.

Have a wonderful day!