Reviews for Dynasty
icancounttoduck chapter 45 . 5/22
I have to start by telling you how much I enjoyed this story. It subverted a lot of what I usually see in fanfiction and I loved the decisions that were made.

In every other Dark Luke story I've read Palpatine is always evil incarnate, without any nuance, or really anything to make him compelling. I had never thought of Palpatine being Vader's father but it immediately changed the dynamic of the story in an interesting way. Additionally having him care for his own family was always intriguing.

It isn't easy to keep interest for 45 chapters of the length of this story but I blew through the story in a matter of days. Like many I don't usually care to see stories based on the main characters children but i'd read a sequel that focused on Miguel, or even his child, if that's what you chose to do.

Watching the slow vice grip of the overwhelming power of a sith dynasty was actually cathartic in an odd way. Sometimes it's just nice to see Goliath crush David. If David always wins, then it loses all meaning. Sometimes you really can't fight city hall.

In summary this was an excellent story that did Dark Luke better than I've seen.
Zanzibar1 chapter 45 . 5/9
A fantastic story! You did really well with starting with the mostly canon story and then taking it in its own very unique direction. Not many writers are able to do this, but you succeeded. Great job! Good luck on any stories you are trying to get published. Or congratulations on any you have gotten published.
DgGeoff chapter 45 . 5/7
Best Star Wars story ever.
KC chapter 45 . 4/23
I don't like doing the chapter by chapter reviews. I personally prefer to finish the story before leaving my review. My review for this story is an A! I thoroughly enjoyed it and I think you're a great writer. I hope you continue to do more. If you do continue to write more stories, please don't leave readers hanging for too long in between chapters... if there is one thing that highly annoys me as a reader is getting into a good story and then realizing it isn't finished.
BeSkydreamer chapter 45 . 4/17
Probably the best Star Wars fanfiction on this site, and I've read a lot of them! Everything is well paced and the plot is well thought about. Love your writing style and the your ability to take some words and create magic.
Tauriel Skywalker chapter 1 . 4/15
I'm interested, though a little freaked out too. This is good so far.
Rogue Survivor chapter 25 . 4/12
Other than a horrible taste in nicknames, and less action scenes than I expected, this story is marvellous.
Red Star Legion chapter 1 . 4/9
Also, we don't hear or find out what happens to Han or Chewbacca, finding out what happened would have been beneficial.
Red Star Legion chapter 45 . 4/9
Loved this story, was one of the best I've read. Would you ever be interested in doing a sequel, but crossover it where Luke and his son must conquer Pandora from Avatar.
fangirl-friend2 chapter 16 . 2/27
I enjoyed this story up until this chapter, chapter 16. Jumping between and following other characters. I don't care or like these other characters. The side stories for these woman are stupid and unnecessary to be included. It's so irritating and distracting from the story's established core that I have decided to quit reading.
Oracle10 chapter 45 . 1/23
I want to like this fic more than I do. It has a lot of potential, but doesn't quite make it. I like the premise a lot, it's an interesting idea. I also appreciate the pro-empire stance. That being said, the fic has some problems.

1. Needs editing, there are typos and incorrect word usage scattered thought, nothing a really good beta reader couldn't fix. Not really a huge deal except for breaking the flow of the story.

2. The dialogue needs work. All the characters speak the same way. Darth Vader and the Emperor should both be using ultra formal speech "I have been invited to a celebration" where in the fic they lapse into less formal "I got invited to as party". It's one of those things that makes a story great as opposed to pretty good.

3. Characters need work. For all the world building, your characters are a little flat and you're too nice to them. Your main characters never meet a challenge that they don't easily overcome. Anjaleen gets assassins after her, but never has to confront them. She doesn't even have to alter her lifestyle any. The problem is that it's the flaws that make characters really compelling. Give us a Luke that never quite gets rid of his country boy speech patterns and attitudes towards finery, but overcomes the handicap by ruthlessly using it to his advantage so that he is underestimated. Give us the Anjaleen who when face to face with an assassin kicks him in the unmentionables and breaks his nose only to collapse in quiet hysterics once she's safe with Luke and realizes what she's done. There's a lot of room for the characters to be pushed to their limits and still tie everything up with a happily ever after.
BlackDrag0n chapter 45 . 1/6
Kinda proud that this is the first Star wars fanfiction I've ever read. Espessially since i just forced myself to watch the entire franchise for the first time last week. (I cant stand old movie graphics, but i did it). I think the only storys I've ever really read that were longer then this is Fee Fie Foe (Kiroshitsuji) and Running to the Enemy's Arms. All three of these stories are amazing and very well writen. There are few stories these days that keep my attention but yours has done it. Thank you for entertaining me for the last four day. Now I will go find more stories with similar storylines because why not. ~3 love from a Dragon 3 ~
This great! One of the fanfic I have read.
Great so far. I love the surprise Vader and Luke have when they find out they are related. This story is a page turner.
Scyllaya chapter 45 . 12/25/2016
I enjoyed this story greatly. I loved having such a long Dark Side Luke story, especially with all the court and imperial stuff in it. Big kudos!
1,149 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »