Reviews for The hours of waiting
Anon chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
Glory and escape from the prison of duty. Still there is great good in doing one's duty.
WhyMustIWrite chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
What a great gap-filler! I'll admit that I never quite understood or cared for Faramir & Eowyn's relationship in RotK. You, however, made it work. Yet again, my favorite aspect of this story is your characterization. And my favorite moment is when Eowyn realized that Faramir was looking at the blossoms so intently, not as though he'd never seen them before but as though he'd never see them again. I particularly enjoyed the robin motif as well.
Darkover chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
Dear Nesta: This story was very well-written and insightful. IMHO you have done a fine job of keeping Faramir and Eowyn in-character, and you have a gift for writing dialogue. I enjoyed reading this. Sincerely, Darkover
Firemaiden100 chapter 1 . 9/10/2007
That... BRILLIANT! It was so sweet, i love faramir!

luv Firemaiden100
Dr. Austin A. Winchester chapter 1 . 6/21/2007
so sweet. I really enjoyed this. through the whole thing i was like aw or no, or ah or you get the picture. it was good
8Gilluin8 chapter 1 . 3/6/2007
I think it's good...
phyloxena chapter 1 . 2/2/2007
It's a great stry. I like the way you describe the event from the Eowyn POV; and there is no open courtship, wich seems very fitting. I'v read many fanfics there F. act like a rather sweet teenager, but here he's definetly a man grown, no less than generation-older Aragorn (or much younger Eomer, whom nobody seems to imagine immature). And even if he sees in her heart, he doesn't tell her what he sees. Very credible.
Alaynthe chapter 1 . 11/30/2006
I usually don't read LOTR fics, but this is excellent. Great job.
Sivaroobini Lupin-Black chapter 1 . 7/14/2006
All I can say is - wow. You kept this in true LOTR style and I really loved it. Also, the way you used the robins to describe them was wonderful. You're brilliant!
Altariel chapter 1 . 7/3/2006
Oh, lovely! Beautifully done. The end is perfect. I think Eowyn is the singing robin, Faramir the nest-builder.
birch chapter 1 . 6/18/2006
What a lovely story. I've also read many Houses of Healing variations and think this one is outstanding. You've managed to create a new world with your words. Thank you!
Sarahbarr17 chapter 1 . 6/13/2006
Nicely written. Pyschologically interesting; good characteriation of Faramir and Eowyn. Well done!

Love and hugs,

Sarah x
Tracey chapter 1 . 6/13/2006
Aragorn would never have done...never.

Faramir meets here where she is and yet still challenges her. I'm sure she does much the same for him, though in a completely different way.

Very, very nice vignette.
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 6/12/2006
Just beautiful, I am almost in love with Faramir myself by the end,no wonder, Eowyn is won over !I love you use of spring blossoms and the lovable robin,which as a fellow Englishwoman I know are a very gifted writer.
adrinkcalled chapter 1 . 6/12/2006
I am amazed at how well you described Eowyn’s state of mind and flight of feeling! It is perfectly in tune with what I had always imagined she would feel, exactly how I understood the days she spent in the Houses of Healing. It’s wonderful to read the suddenness of her thoughts, her determination to feel miserable and despairing while all the while fighting whatever light and easy thoughts come to her while in the presence of Faramir; her surprise and even anger when realizing that, yes, there is some good in the world, some reason to smile and to remember the good times; the ever present contradictions in her.

The mood of the story was just right as well - the feel of the warm sun that felt altogether useless to her, the cries of birds, the flowering of trees, all the normal signs of Spring that only served to make the coming end clearer to her – the things that Faramir chose to cling to and remember instead, a conscious choice, for he had his troubles also, but fought to put them aside – and you showed that so wonderfully! You have ‘got’ all the characters perfectly, even the Warden, whom I rarely feel is portrayed like I imagined him – you got him perfectly, his attitude, his words, what Eowyn thinks of him; and you wonderfully captured Faramir’s little hints, his efforts to come closer to the White Lady and even to turn her mind away from the dreadful things outside the healers’ realm.

I love the fact that you referred to the smallest things in the talks between Faramir and Eowyn, while all the while giving them so much meaning – robins, larks and swifts, remaking the City through the tongue of Rohan, it was beautiful! And this is the first ever story I read where Faramir’s decision to leave the Houses comes from before the destruction of the Ring, and not as a consequence of it – I loved this idea, and also the words that came after, and Eowyn’s answer to them. The ending was beautiful, the metaphor spoke of many things – how life goes on, how the past was gone but the future was soon to come, how yet another couple would take flight.

This was phenomenally written! I take my hat off to you!