Reviews for This Masquerade
love lotr -anne chapter 4 . 6/26/2006
I like this and I like the reference to Phantom in the chapter title and Scarlet Letter in the ledies gossip. I thought it might amuse you to see that I did. I think this is very well written and very much in character. GOOD JOB!
SPLeaguer chapter 4 . 6/16/2006
Wonderful tale! Dear Hastings is a good friend, even if he's got bad timing. And Sophia needs a bowl of punch dropped on her, she's trouble! And as for Percy surprising Marguerite, that sounds just something he'd do. Brava!
MeadowLark4491 chapter 4 . 6/15/2006
That is so sweet. Personally I think the real Percy is the man she fell in love with, but a man that he does not know exists... A man who is not the fop, and not the hero, but somewhere in between.
Maska chapter 4 . 6/14/2006
Well done. I'm enjoying it. Sophia sounds like a bit of a brat but I sense that she may be an important character as your story develops. Keep going, I'm keen to read more
Busanda chapter 4 . 6/13/2006
I just had to tell you that I thought this was a lovely story. You did a wonderful job capturing Marguerite's longing and fear, as well as her feelings of jealousy concerning Percy's love of adventure.

I just finished reading The Elusive Pimpernel. This fits in nicely as it explores the feelings that Marguerite and Percy were having at this point in their marriage. The Baroness would be pleased, I think.
katyfriday chapter 4 . 6/13/2006
Gorgeous. You conjure up the atmosphere of the masquerade brilliantly - I felt as though I was part of the crush. I also really liked your description of the revolution - pure Orczy. And Marguerite is fantastic, you write her really well.
ordinarysmiles chapter 4 . 6/13/2006
Beautifully written! So poetic and romantic...I love this song, too. ] Can't wait for more!
Roodle chapter 4 . 6/13/2006
This was lovely. How awfully bright of Percy to turn up quietly after everyone else! I'm very happy to see you've let them all keep their wits as well - I've seen other fics struggle to keep the characters witty in reflection of Orczy's works.

Well done, thanks heaps for such a nice fic.
Roodle chapter 3 . 6/13/2006
Aww... I like Hastings. Quick to jump to conclusions, loyal, likes to slap brats...
Roodle chapter 2 . 6/13/2006
“P –!” she gasped, but her rescuer quickly held up a finger in a commanding gesture of silence. He smiled, his lips curling beneath his tricolour mask.

“No names, this is a masquerade,” he told her. “Let’s go outside.”

- Can it be? Is it he?

Developing slowly but surely so far.
Roodle chapter 1 . 6/13/2006
Hm... intriguing... Can't wait to see where you're going with this
Zaramoth chapter 4 . 6/12/2006
My favorite part! I love the romantic description of the moonlight (pearly glow) and how Marguerite and Percy re-discovered their mutual love(Ah! this kiss...)What a good idea this Masquerade! (Brilliant description of the crowd.)
Zaramoth chapter 2 . 6/12/2006
Nice dialog Marguerite/Suzanne and Percy's disguise make him a very attractive sans culotte! Interesting considerations about the background of the french revolution.
Zaramoth chapter 1 . 6/12/2006
I like the setting of the story, very well described, but this Sophia, gr! interesting character though. The beginning of the story makes you want to know more...