Reviews for This Masquerade
Child of Music and Dreams chapter 1 . 7/4
(squeals in delight)
My two true loves, The Scarlet Pimpernel and The Phantom of the Opera!
Of course, le Fantóme will always come first in my heart...
Eliella45 chapter 4 . 8/25/2015
Truly admire Marguerite, for her strength and love for Percy, is what takes her through it when Percy is away. Nice story.
Eliella45 chapter 3 . 8/25/2015
Oh good God, this is going to be entertaining, will Hastings recognize his chief? What will he do if he doesn't? His loyalty to Blakeney is so admirable though.
Eliella45 chapter 2 . 8/25/2015
Finally he's there, poor Marguerite, she suffers so much.
love lotr -anne chapter 4 . 6/26/2006
I like this and I like the reference to Phantom in the chapter title and Scarlet Letter in the ledies gossip. I thought it might amuse you to see that I did. I think this is very well written and very much in character. GOOD JOB!
SPLeaguer chapter 4 . 6/16/2006
Wonderful tale! Dear Hastings is a good friend, even if he's got bad timing. And Sophia needs a bowl of punch dropped on her, she's trouble! And as for Percy surprising Marguerite, that sounds just something he'd do. Brava!
MeadowLark4491 chapter 4 . 6/15/2006
That is so sweet. Personally I think the real Percy is the man she fell in love with, but a man that he does not know exists... A man who is not the fop, and not the hero, but somewhere in between.
Maska chapter 4 . 6/14/2006
Well done. I'm enjoying it. Sophia sounds like a bit of a brat but I sense that she may be an important character as your story develops. Keep going, I'm keen to read more
Busanda chapter 4 . 6/13/2006
I just had to tell you that I thought this was a lovely story. You did a wonderful job capturing Marguerite's longing and fear, as well as her feelings of jealousy concerning Percy's love of adventure.

I just finished reading The Elusive Pimpernel. This fits in nicely as it explores the feelings that Marguerite and Percy were having at this point in their marriage. The Baroness would be pleased, I think.
katyfriday chapter 4 . 6/13/2006
Gorgeous. You conjure up the atmosphere of the masquerade brilliantly - I felt as though I was part of the crush. I also really liked your description of the revolution - pure Orczy. And Marguerite is fantastic, you write her really well.
ordinarysmiles chapter 4 . 6/13/2006
Beautifully written! So poetic and romantic...I love this song, too. ] Can't wait for more!
Roodle chapter 4 . 6/13/2006
This was lovely. How awfully bright of Percy to turn up quietly after everyone else! I'm very happy to see you've let them all keep their wits as well - I've seen other fics struggle to keep the characters witty in reflection of Orczy's works.

Well done, thanks heaps for such a nice fic.
Roodle chapter 3 . 6/13/2006
Aww... I like Hastings. Quick to jump to conclusions, loyal, likes to slap brats...
Roodle chapter 2 . 6/13/2006
“P –!” she gasped, but her rescuer quickly held up a finger in a commanding gesture of silence. He smiled, his lips curling beneath his tricolour mask.

“No names, this is a masquerade,” he told her. “Let’s go outside.”

- Can it be? Is it he?

Developing slowly but surely so far.
Roodle chapter 1 . 6/13/2006
Hm... intriguing... Can't wait to see where you're going with this