Reviews for Gypsy Eye, Wolf Eye
VampPhan chapter 11 . 9/25/2012
Loved this. Your Esmeralda reminds me a bit of Katherine (from the Vampire Diaries) especially with the whole toying with two brothers part. Huge fan of Jehan, so I'm glad you put him in here. It was FANTASTIC.
MyahLyah chapter 11 . 2/5/2012
I honestly believe that Esmeralda have developed some feeling for Claude, but that's the hopeless romantic side of me talking. She should be tired of struggling in a life as a gypsy and marry Claude...she'd definitely make a very scandalous noblewoman to say the least.
Tarah Draconiger chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
LOL very nice o.O
troesnaja chapter 10 . 7/29/2011
Haha the old priest evidently bit off more then he could chew. Like before htough I like manipulating gypsy but I hope she still has some kindness left...
troesnaja chapter 9 . 7/29/2011
Yes yes yes I like this a lot the wimp Jehan got what he desirved and the priest as well for kidnapping her... I hope the gypsy isnt all evil though, i hope she will eventually get together with quasimodo. I hope the priest tells her about the engagement of her former soldier lover... that should prove itneresting, i wonder what her revenge will be like...
troesnaja chapter 7 . 7/29/2011
oooh interesting I wonder if either Claude or Quasi will kill jehan. I dont have much sympathy for him. I hope in the end quasimodo will save the girl though.
troesnaja chapter 5 . 7/29/2011
Interesting! I htought he was being a bit tooo wimpy in the beginning but then he probbably has never had a woman before. The gypsy is cool though! I never liked most women in 19th century novels like christine in the phantom of the opera for example... too meek and stupid by half. Clever men like these need better opponents and I am happy you provide.
troesnaja chapter 4 . 7/29/2011
Hi, I like this story, i liked zingara too but i like a bit saner Claude and a bit stronger gypsy, this should be interesting.
Beckoning.Disaster chapter 11 . 2/6/2011
Exquisite. Simply exquisite. You have a gift with words.
thunderings chapter 2 . 8/13/2009
Still utterly amazing. The thought of Frollo *giggling* is just so...GUH. So cute. Can't wait to see if Frollo's plan truly works.
thunderings chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
The premise to this story is amazing. I always have wondered what the story would've been like if Esmeralda had a backbone. I can't tell you how many times while trying to read the book that I nearly just threw it across the room, totally ticked off at her. Needless to say, I'm not her biggest fan. Can't wait to read more.
Doc M chapter 11 . 6/25/2009
This is impressive! I find your Esmeralda rather more believable than Hugo's excessively innocent Canon-Sue. A 16-year-old gypsy would have been married or would certainly have had experience of men, especially in 15C. I'm just afraid for Claude. I hate to think of this turning into a sort of 'Der Blaue Engel'/'Professor Unrat' scenario for him...
gravity01 chapter 11 . 6/3/2009
As always, this was a truly wonderful chapter.

We're still unclear about Esmeralda's motivations for the night before. Was she just trying to manipulate him to let her go? or was it pity sex? or did she actually feel some tenderness toward him? Of course I have to hope it's the latter, but I wouldn't be surprised at any of her reasons.

Or maybe there wasn't a reason at all and she just had a moment of weakness after seeing what she did to him. I mean, she's used to everybody being enamored with her... but Claude has actually lost himself to her. That really freaked the original Esmeralda out... but this, more worldly, Esmeralda might see something else in it. Potential, maybe?

I was always curious what Esmeralda would have thought about Claude if she wasn't... well... fifteen. You know? I wonder if she still would have been scared of him from the beginning... remember how he simply cursed and yelled at her while she danced? The book's Esmeralda was terrified of him even then. I am willing to be that THIS Esmeralda would have found it more annoying or amusing than anything else. She probably ignored the mandate against dancing in front of the church merely to get his goat.

But now she finds out that he is rich, too. I'm not surprised about that, really... since he did work with all of those very high up people, teaching them rather questionable arts. No doubt he'd be paid for that. Or at least bribed (since think of all the blackmail material he must have). Not that he would call it something as sinful as a bribe... probably merely a gift in the name of furthering knowledge :)

Add that to whatever amount the clergy would have received (his rank would have been paid, right?) and the fact that he survived on practically nothing (besides his constant enabling of Jehan)... yes, I can see him as being secretly wealthy-and have a collection of pretty things he's not yet had any purpose for.

I am extremely curious what Esmeralda is thinking with all these jewels. Now that Claude is convinced that she loves him, he's eating out of the palm of her hand, which puts her in an excellent position to steal from him and run. So, I guess that will be the proof... is she actually developing feelings for him, or is she taking advantage of his adoration?

Ah. The suspense is killing me. I really need you to update soon, okay? No more going a year between updates, got it? On the other hand, I've realized that EF fics are tricky to write well... so I do understand. But still!

-G-

PS - In your summary you refer to this story as being loosely Hugo-based. How loosely do you mean (read: is this something you'd like me to add to my C2?). I'm no purist, by any means, so I tend to go with the author's intent. Let me know if you'd consider this book-based enough that you wish me to add you.
Setsuna Mudo chapter 11 . 6/1/2009
Wow, you do not know how surprised and over joyed I am that this was updated! I didn't think it would be!

gah there is so much I love about this story, and this chapter. I love the direction you are developing these two in, and I feel so bad for Claude; he must be so convinced that she must love him now that he will give her anything.

I love your take on Esmeralda, she is everything I wished that she was in the novel; she has the same spark & fire, but she is not naive and is more centered in the real world. You are a wonderful writer and I love that someone is actually writing a Hunchback story that is realistic and in-character completely.
Yami chapter 11 . 5/30/2009