Reviews for Exclusively Scarsdale
there's no one here chapter 11 . 8/5/2007
I didn't think I was going to like this story at first because there's no Angel yet, but then I saw the whole Collins thing and I was like YEAH! Okay, we're getting somewhere! And now I'm absolutely smitten with this story! I love it alot! I really do! I freaking love it! And I must say, when I came out to my mom I was in my living room, and when I came out to my best friend, I was indeed, in a park outside LOL. I figured it'd be a loud place so no one would hear our conversation and I was indeed correct! LOL. So, you should, uh, update this because IT'S REALLY GOOD! (And I figured a nice long review would make up for me not reviewing the other 10 chapters, but I'll review them if you'd like!)

Cha-Cha
kaz456 chapter 11 . 11/22/2006
So, here I am...reviewing late again. Surprise, surprise. But a late review is better than no review, right?

I love how much like themselves Maureen and Tom were in this chapter. Everything seemed incredibly believable-from Tom's anxiousness and Maureen's completely obvious attempts at flirtation to the slightly-awkward moment between them and the consequent restoration to some form of normal. It was all sweet and cute and funny, at the same time.

Another thing I liked was how Maureen was the first one who Tom told his secret to. Yes, Maureen is an over-dramatic drama queen who probably can't keep her mouth shut about most things, but I like how you portrayed this other side of her, the side that's caring, the one that can be trusted to keep the huge secret of one of her best friends.

And the other thing that I picked up on is something that's still in progress: the slow progression of Tom becoming Collins, which seems like a somewhat difficult task that you are managing well so far.

Oh, and of course, that line where Maureen talks about how she'll just wait for Roger or Mark to get older was great. In one line, you managed to throw in an allusion to stuff that happens in the musical/movie and show that all Maureen really wants is someone who understands her. So good.

In summary, I love your story. I thought that The End of The Season was the best thing ever, but this one is just as good, if not better.

Hope things aren't too busy for you, and thanks for writing this. :)
x Rajah x chapter 11 . 11/4/2006
I knew something like that was going to happen, but even though I saw it coming, I really liked how well-written it was and every part about it was perfect, which is something you should know.
theheartyearns chapter 11 . 11/4/2006
That was really good! I liked it a lot.
alwaysflying chapter 11 . 11/4/2006
Wow. Great story. Unfortunately, yes, making out is a typical part of teenage drama, even thirteen- and fourteen-year-olds. I absolutely love your characterization of everyone, especially Collins. To be honest, this is the first story I've read where Collins can be written as "Tom" and I'm able to read it without saying "who?" Yeah.

And I love your Mark and Roger also, by the way. Maureen's never been my favorite character, but here she's very believable. In earlier chapters, I was like, "Wow. That's TOTALLY Maureen."

So yes, I love this story. Can't wait for more.
freedomfighter82 chapter 11 . 11/3/2006
Aww! This was so sweet. I KNEW Maureen would understand. I really loved how you wrote it. I didn't expect Mo to kiss him, but looking back on it, that does seem like something she'd do, even at that age.

Very nice! I'm looking forward to the next one!
Scarfy chapter 11 . 11/3/2006
Random fact about me: First kiss was 13. And public. My friend came out when we were 14.

Stuff like this happens. Middle school is like... hell on a campus.

MOVING ON.

That went so much better then I was scared it was going to. I mean, really. It was so friendly and natural. GAH. :D.

Happy Writing,

Scarfy
Scarfy chapter 10 . 11/3/2006
Ah. Gah. I missed this story. How old is Tom now? I started taking Introduction to Physics in eight grade, so now you've totally lost me...

And shy ten year old Roger makes me giggle. The part about him being so... quick to forgive made me want to cry.

- Scarfy
Memilyxoxo chapter 11 . 11/3/2006
aw! so cute! update soon!
kaz456 chapter 10 . 11/3/2006
Yes, I know what Tom's secret is. And that sucks that he has to hide it, but it's cool how he channeled that into helping Roger and Mark. Another interesting thing is to see how all of their friendships with each other evolve over time-it's as if they all stay the same, but at the same time there are new elements added to them.

Anyway, you write them very well. And I would love to see the confrontation with Maureen. I know that she's a dramatic person/character, but I think that considering how Tom's her friend, she'd understand. Eventually.

The bit about Ian and the guitar was sweet. And yeah, it makes sense for Tom to be mean (everyone is sometimes), but it also makes sense that he would find a way to fix it.

Thanks for updating! This is always fun to read.
theheartyearns chapter 10 . 11/3/2006
I just read this whole thing right now. wow. I really like it! I think you should do the confronation between Maureen and Collins. That could be interesting. Update soon!
x Rajah x chapter 10 . 11/2/2006
Hey! Oh my gosh, I just read this whole story in one go, and I adore it! GREAT WORK!
les-etoilles chapter 10 . 11/2/2006
“It’s just a phase, man,” he told Mark. “She’ll get over it.”

Yay for lines from the NYTW version!
Girl Who Writes chapter 10 . 11/1/2006
:claps hands: I was just thinking about this fic, and I check my email, and you updated! I think you handled this chapter beautifully - your characterisations are spot on. I would like to see Collins talk to Maureen, just to see how he ends up going about it _ I am so in love with your fics.
freedomfighter82 chapter 10 . 11/1/2006
Yay! AN UPDATE! *squees a lot*

This chapter was so good. Truly well-written. And Collins definitely would have been mean at some point. You wrote it so well. Huh, I wonder if we're EVER going to figure out Collins' secret. Lol.

This was amazing! I want to see Maureen and Collins! I hope the next one doesn't take so long, but it was definitely worth the wait.