Reviews for Concerning Rangers
Aguirre chapter 4 . 5/29/2009
I am reading these chapters out of order, but I look forward very much to reading the others in time.

This chapter will have to be my new most favourite LotR fic. I am a great fan of short but wholesome stories, and this one contains all of my favourite h/c elements. I think what makes it so effective is the care and detail with which you wrote Aragorn's viewpoint. His feelings of exhaustion and his weakened ability to percieve his surroundings were communicated so well that it was no effort at all for me to absorb myself into your writing and experience the story through his eyes. Thank you for a most enjoyable and satisfying read.
Hello Anyone There chapter 7 . 12/23/2007
There is definatly not enough fanfiction about Aragorn with the rangers around. This showed it all in perfect detail.

I liked number 4 best, where he recieved internal wounds and was carried back to Rivendell, such a familier scene.

Keep writing!
lindahoyland chapter 7 . 12/18/2006
POOr Aragorn,you capture the horror of battle well.
Elfinabottle chapter 6 . 10/3/2006
Very nice. I can easily imagine Halbarad thinking those very thoughts.
lindahoyland chapter 6 . 10/3/2006
This is just great,your writing goes from stength to make me wonder now if Aragorn did see Halbarad's death in the palantir. His loss is a great tragedy. I love the way you depectict his courage and loyalty to Aragorn.

Many thanks for your much appreciated review.I'm so pleased you are enjoying the story and understand you aren't able to review every chapter but enjoy your insights when you do have time to spare.

I eagerly await your new story.
meckinock chapter 6 . 10/2/2006
Even as his death approaches, Halbarad's focus is on Aragorn, all his attention is directed toward Aragorn's hidden fears rather than his own. You depict his insight and determination beautifully.
kestrels chapter 6 . 10/2/2006
Ah, how sad! I know Halbarad would consider it an honor to die in this great fight, especially fighting at Aragorn's side, but still...I like him, and hate to think of him having this end. Your writing, however, it wonderful here. You show us Aragorn through Halbarad's eyes, and we see Aragorn's strength, even when he himself does not. We see Halbarad's utter love and devotion to him, and we see how others who follow Aragorn see him as well. Lovely, ande very well done. In truth, Aragorn must have been a most extrodinary person, as Tolkien tells the story, to have such devotion from so many-humans and elves alike-and for him to have faced such hardship and uncertainty in his life (not to mention how long he had to wait for the girl!) to emerge victorious at the end. You let us see a another side of Aragorn here, and I loved it very much. (But poor Halbarad. ::sigh::)
lindahoyland chapter 5 . 8/6/2006
I love the bond you create between Aragorn and Halbarad.
Thorongirl chapter 4 . 8/6/2006
May I say again how much I love your writing? I mean, you're not tired of hearing that are you? Excellent chapter. I loved the way Aragorn ignored his own injuries and ended up half dead. Silly ranger! But noble, very noble. Your stories make me fall in love with him all over again. They are brilliant. That whole scene with Halbarad was awesome and the return to consciousness seemed especially real - kind of like when you try to wake up after being given a shot of anaesthesia. You just can't force your eyes open no matter how hard you try - the effort is just TOO much, so I could totally relate to the way you wrote it. BTW, I like the way you've been using Halbarad in a lot of your fics lately. I first got hooked on his character via 'Meckinock' who writes him as brilliantly at imaginable. So glad to see that. Great story as always!
DawnStrider chapter 5 . 8/5/2006
Sometimes you get lost in the role you play and i guess Aragorn played his too long and too well. A really nice piece. Loved it.
misha108 chapter 2 . 8/5/2006
very funny, i loved it!
lostinterestsorry chapter 4 . 8/4/2006
Loved the chappie. Brilliant, dear author. Our Aragorn sure gets roughed up in your stories, no? 'Tis wonderful, though. And I have to tell you, that whole sequence of him trying to come back to consciousness was terrific. Excellent story.
inthisdarcness chapter 5 . 8/4/2006
That was really cool...simple and short, but it said so much. (sigh) You are just an awesome writer that way. LOL. Anyways, this was good and I can't wait to see what you are up to in The Roots of Evil. See ya there.

Tiana
meckinock chapter 5 . 8/4/2006
"You do not have to hide any longer" is such a great line. As successful as Aragorn was in his errantries, there's no place like home. This was a great moment between him and Halbarad.
Elflingimp chapter 5 . 8/4/2006
Well that one went staight to my heart Great Thankyou!
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »