Reviews for What Befalls The Flawless
Immortalis chapter 1 . 8/18/2007
Solain Rhyo,

I simply love the Pengergast series and personally I thought it was unspeakable how the authors ended Book of the Dead, but perhaps it was the best suited ending. I couldn't help but to wonder what happened after Constance said those words. I thought you presented it nicely and properly. Bravo.

Immortalis
Mehri chapter 1 . 6/29/2007
Bravo! Very well written! I eagerly came here wondering if I could manage to find a Preston/Child fanfic that would quench my first and yours has done it.

Very well written. I love how you protrayed Constance and I think it fits very well. I also really appreciate how well you described Pendergast's reactions. You did an excellent job of showing his subtle ways of showing surprise. I also loved this line "For someone so awkward with exchanges of affection—nay, human contact itself—Aloysius did not seem to mind the Lady laying her hand upon his own …"

Can you tell I'm a Pendergast fan?

No, but seriously, this is very well written, we haven't gotten to see in Constance's mind as much as some of the other characters. You've done an excellent job of protraying how she would feel about the child she now carries.

And just in relation to the books, tell me what you think. This is another child in the Pendergast family. Will he be another Aloysius or another Diogenes? I love reflecting on that.
BeyondWords chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
I am amazed at how well you have captured the feel of the Preston-Child novels, both in character and in voice. Bravo for that achievement.

Was this meant to be a one-shot or do you plan to continue this story? I remember reading the end of BotD and practically exploding when Constance revealed her pregnancy. I cannot wait to see what Preston and Child plan to do with that whole mess. I also hope that you would consider continuing this story, as I would love to see what you would have in store for Constance.
aquamum chapter 1 . 6/16/2006
This first chapter is very intriguing...

I like the characters, and I like the way the story is written.

I do believe I could become "hooked".

NB: What book are the characters from - would you email me at and let me know, thanks.
Pandora Nervosa chapter 1 . 6/13/2006
Lovely! There is a serious lack of Pendergast fan fic out there and it's nice to see that problem is being taken care of. Your voice of the characters is spot on. Very nice.

Oh, I came here from your link on LJ. Do let us know if you write any more fic. I'm a sucker for Aloysius. ~g~