Reviews for The Crucible
The Queen of Alchemy chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
Interesting idea, I love how nicely the quotations of the play fit into the story. This is brilliantly written, and definitely deserves more credit.
Preventer Wind chapter 1 . 10/29/2007
That was amazing. Rau is my favorite character and I am impressed at how you had incorperated The Crucible quotes into the fic. The best part though has to be the chilling end, the way that "Rau smiled at the irony of it all." (shivers) That is just what I have come to expect of Rau and you have captured his personality/character perfectly.
Author Aspiring chapter 1 . 6/19/2007
It's one of my favorite fanfics! I hope you write more stories like this one!
Laura28182 chapter 1 . 6/4/2007
Well written. I liked the part where he stated his opinion on the play. lol. I should have known. He was evil as a child too. Tsk tsk. His father should have been more careful.
NevermorexNevermore chapter 1 . 4/21/2007
Finally a good thing about Rau * sniff* why did he have to die? WHY! WHY!

* runs after Kira and stabs him down*

Kira: why?

Me: because you killed my loveble RAU!

Kira: I thought you loved me?

Me: * sweat drop* I do...but YOU KILLED RAU!

Kira: please let me die in peace...

Me:...

great fic! _
The Sword That Cleaves Evil chapter 1 . 3/23/2007
This rocks. Rau is one of my favorite gundam characters of all time and the quotes were a nice touch.
Zaton chapter 1 . 11/2/2006
Very meaningful. I actually pity him.
Koronis chapter 1 . 10/8/2006
EXCELLENT. I loved it. It brought out the true hatred and anger Rau has... One of the best I've ever read about Rau Le Creuset.
StarlitNite01 chapter 1 . 7/6/2006
But there were more clones of Al La Flaga, hundreds-thousands of clones, dying, for just another to take their place.
Cheddar Wolf chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
Yes.. I read some of this stuff on Wikipedia (out of sheer boredom). And I had wondered how he could have possibly come across the play/book over the salem witch trials, of all things. I guess it does make sense now to think he may have seen it while he was still with Da Flaga. :sigh: It's stories like these that make me wish they wouldn't have killed Rau. Fukuda kills off all the good characters with depth.. And lets the emo kids win... (well, there is -some- angst-with-a-purpose in them, but still. Talk about and overdose. -_-;)

That last part makes me think about Rau and Rey's death. One died smiling, and the other died crying. Now that's some brain fuel.. Meh, sorry, I'm babbling. Hope to see more one-shots!
Rayar chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
I liked how you portrayed Rau Le Creuset's feelings towards mankind. It was perfectly done! Keep up the good work!

By the way, I never knew that Rau's name has a meaning, it was cool of you to use some parts of the play in your story!
Gambit01V2 chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
((Just a note, this is the Gambit who reviewed Biography of the damned and the Birds and the Bees))

You've done it again. You've completely captured the essence of Le Crueset; insanity masked in logic. No one does it better, or even equal.

Now go work on Salute and Biography of the Damned.
i Mel-chan i chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
Yeah, I read that Le Creuset meant the Crucible. The story was quite interesting that it had some reference to Miller's play. And Le Creuset was right, Abigail was a whore!
Feariel chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
Woa. I never knew "creuset" has something to do with a cross. Sometimes it's amazing how you don't know your owm language, because i've NEVER heard it has this meaning. But the english/french dico gives it, so i won't mind.

"Creuset" also mean "melting pot", and i though it was the meaning of the name. Rau seems to consider himself as if he was the result of the sins of the world, so it was somewhat logical, a sort of metaphore of himself being the ultime mistake of humanity.

In Da Vinci Code, there's a momemt whem the characters talk about the Graal and the meaning of its symbole. And the symbole himself represent a creuset (in the "melting pot" sens)

Just imagine for one second Rau se Kira as the new Christ (and it is very possible, Rau said Kira was sort of a new god), so as the "graal", he should be the one to kill him to "have his blood".

I don't know what is true and what is false about what i say, but i though it would be interesting to speak about this.
Garowyn chapter 1 . 6/17/2006
Ah, yes, quite ironic indeed. Excellent work!