Reviews for The deciding factor
KayValo87 chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
Aw, that was sweet.

I can totally see this as being where the plate came from.
McHammy chapter 1 . 7/17/2010
I've just re-read A Quiet Beginning by Purupuss and noted the mention of this story, so I thought I'd read it and it fits really well.

I think you are amazing to have created a whole, very believable, story from one small plate.

Excellently done. I shall be on the look out for that plate when I next watch my Thunderbirds DVDs!
typicalRAinbow chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
Aha it all makes sence now lol :) Nicly done, really made me smile :)
Shevaun chapter 1 . 7/11/2006
Good writing first of all. I find it really hard to read fanfics that aren't well written. Second, a good and believable story, touching too. The emotion behind the words really comes through. All around, very well done.
andrewjameswilliams chapter 1 . 7/9/2006
I just found this story Quiller and I have to say I really, really like it. It certainly answers the question about the plate though strangely I hadn't noticed the plate in TB1 before.

I like the way you portrayed Scott in this one and the descriptions of his brothers. Right in character and I could see how an incident like this would make up Scott's mind about agreeing to be part of International Rescue.

Once again great story.
Lady Viva chapter 1 . 6/25/2006
Quiller...what is about your stories that moves me so completely and often causes a tear or two to well up in the old eyes?

This was so engaging and I could feel the adrenaline coursing through Scott as he reacted without thinking to rescue the trapped family. It is all so "very Scott!"

What a lovely suggestion as to the origin of the china plate. I like your take on it.

Thanks for the lovely read!
Immune to Psychedelia chapter 1 . 6/21/2006
Brilliant story!

I too noticed that plate and questioned, “how odd?” I had just chucked it up to one of Grandma's decorating touches. After all, the 'birds are 'home away from home.'

Being in the medical field, I had often stopped upon witnessing an accident and offered help if needed. I often wondered what was going on in those peoples minds when noticing as they never slowed down to help but often sped up. Number one would be: Not wanting to be bothered. Two: Someone's already there. Three: Don't have the time. Four: In today's world, I can't trust strangers. Therefore, I don't want to get involved. Sadly enough, you made a very poignant point.

There is a story behind every minuscule object in our lives. In Scott Tracy's, the plate is a new found adventure.

Thank you for this story. When watching the Thunderbirds, I will view that plate with a new set of eyes.

IS
ejb chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
So the plate has been given a history, and what a great one it is. No wonder Scott wanted to keep it and put it in Thunderbird One in memory of his first rescue.

As usual a great story from you and hope there is more to come.
Spense chapter 1 . 6/18/2006
Great explination for the plate. There is usually a story behind the smallest and most normal of objects. So now, instead of being something that looks incongrous in TB1, the plate is now a symbol of a rescue and a descision. Great story!
JulesDPM chapter 1 . 6/16/2006
At last, an explanation for that plate! A lovely idea, having Scott find it during his first "rescue". I like the idea of him using it as a reminder of how he felt. (How very Mr. Benn!)

I enjoy the story as it is so simply written but very effective. I also like Scott's mulling over of his brothers' personalities and whether he could work with them.

Good job!
Kaeera chapter 1 . 6/15/2006
Gosh, that's such a great story! And a wonderful explanation for the china plate. Yes, I can definitely understand that Scott would be very wary in the beginning (who wouldn't), and I loved his musings about the future where he imagines himself sitting in a bar and having nothing to tell to his Air Force buddy...and then the complete turnaround, when he's suddenly convinced that he and his brothers make a great team! Excellent writing there. And I agree with the fact that there are several kinds of people - the ones that act and the ones that don't. It seems to me as if all the Tracys belong to the first category (thank heavens for that).
minstrelsy chapter 1 . 6/15/2006
I had no idea about the existence of the plate, and very much enjoyed your explanation. Thank you for this marvelous story!
mcj chapter 1 . 6/15/2006
It's taken 10 goes to review but it's well worth the wait. What a great little gem from one of my favourite FF writers. As always the story flows smoothly off your Pen Quiller and I can "see" myself at the scene where Scott saves this unfortunate Australian Family. Australian of course has to make me biased! Not really. You have such a vivid, yet simple writing style which drags me, the reader, right along with you into a wonderful world of imagination. Loved it. Scott mulling over the biggest decision of his life ... it couldn't be an easy thing to do but you write it so well.

Thanks for sharing your talent with those who are still learning.

Yours

mcj
cathrl chapter 1 . 6/14/2006
Great fun! It must have been a hard decision for all of the Tracys to give up their careers and apparently do nothing but laze about, but especially Scott who'd had a fair few public accolades. I can see the realisation that it's not the public recognition but the private appreciation that counts, being the reason he went for it.

Now that could explain how the plate survives, of course - if it started off in the kitchen of a camper, it's probaly melamine rather than china :-)
Mad-Friend chapter 1 . 6/14/2006
Good story Quiller, an enjoyable read and complete. Now you've set me thinking here...I don't seem to recall that plate, eyesight must be worse than I thought. I'm gonna check out Scott's cab. And when I've noted the plate I'll always think of it as Quiller's, not Scott's.

Beautifully written, look forward to the next.