Reviews for The Code Breaker
ladyofthelight101 chapter 13 . 7/7/2011
Hi, I was reading through and when I got to this chapter, and I was particularly interested in this line: "But what can we say is truer, the intention of honesty, mistaken, or the truth given with the intention to deceive?" You credit that to a fictional person named Marlin Brimley, but is it a real quotation from a real person? It sounds like an amazing philosophical tidbit, and I'd love to read more about the idea in philosophy, but I've no idea where to start. Have you any recommendations?

Thanks,

LotL
chobnbeese chapter 24 . 6/3/2011
I love how every time I reread this series I know something new and understand another allusion or two.

Quantum physics and string theory. Wonderful year of physics.
xGlass chapter 27 . 3/29/2011
Fantastic! Loved it. Love love love.

Especially loved the scene where Draco turned down Voldemort.
Never a Damsel chapter 27 . 3/26/2011
Hey Aduro!

Sequels are never as good as the original, that is the general rule. How glad I am that you are NOT ordinary, thank you for proving it wrong! This fic is absolutely wonderful, in its plot, its characterization, its language, everything. I just wanted to say that you did a wonderful job, and this fic will always be on my list of favorites!
Catdays67 chapter 22 . 11/10/2010
LOVE IT SO GREAT YEA Sirius Black IS BACK !
xThe Tankx chapter 6 . 9/27/2010
Your making Laney act waaaaaay too young! my little sister is 7 and she acts more mature then laney! if i was too guess her age from reading this id guess she was around 4 or 5 when shes 11.

Other then that i absolutely LOVE this fanfictn! its seriously my FAVOURITE one ever and ive read loads. You write Dracos charecter really well and i like the whole 'Genius' storyline-i havnt seen that before. i also really like dracos realationship with Bill. Its so cute! so i just want to say well done except the age thing.

I know you probably cant change Laney for this story because this part is completed and you have a third one being written but if you are writing eleven year olds in furture you should make them act alot older as that is the age when kids become convinced they are adults and think they should have boyfriends and wear makeup etc.
sunneedee chapter 27 . 9/7/2010
Hi,

I just wanted to let you know how much I loved this series. I'v read the whole first two books already, and I began reading about 12 hours ago. I got about an hour's sleep last night and I'm now awake and (sort of) alert to read the third book. I haven't had such an insatiable craving to finish a book so long in since HP7 itself, so I thought I should let you know what a great writer you are.

What I particularly liked is that you didn't fall into the trap of changing Draco into a happy little gryffindor (well so far anyway)but wrote him as the jerk we know him to be, but just let us into his though processes for a second so that we could relate to him more. I was particularly impressed at this when changing the narration back and forth between Bill and Draco - you could really tell that they were totally different types of people by the way their though processes worked, and it was done subtly too. For instance, the way you so matter of factly wrote that Draco decided to leave his niece while he went to fight, which is something I can't see Harry doing. You didn't add in any rubbish about his conflicted feelings about doing so; he didn't have any, so he just did it without a second thought and in the same way, he tortured a man without thinking twice and at that point I feel that most writers would tend to feel the need to over-explain his actions in a very melodramatic way, but you didn't, which I liked .

Anyway, thank you for your stories, I used to write too, until I was about 14 (5 years ago) and I lost interest because I could never think of an ending to my stories. Unfortunately that meant I lost a lot of my writing skills without the practice I used to get daily. I hope to take up writing again one day though, but in the mean time I apologise for my poor grammar and sentence structure, and also the fact that I seem to be writing like Draco after all that reading!

Thanks again ]

(ps - I wonder if Draco would ever use a smiley in one of his perfectly calligraphed letters? lol)
Anna chapter 9 . 8/30/2010
I like this series I just began reading it today and it was so intersting. And you still have a lot of their qualites right. It not like you made them do a completly change of personality to fit your story. And I like the Ginny/Draco and Harry/Hermione pairings. They are better than the cannons I think.
Kinokiita-tenshi chapter 27 . 8/18/2010
NOO! You left it at a cliff-hanger, you evil, evil author! Oh, well. At least the sequel to the sequel is out, so it shows what happens when they get to HQ, right?...Right? It's almost 2 in the morning, but I have to start on the next story right now! I admit that I cried a little when I read Draco's breakdown. It was just so heart-wrenching (and I'm sleepdeprived, which equals roller coster emotions). Anywho, I absolutely adore your stories. Your series is one of the absolute best I've ever read, fanfiction or otherwise.
KashiHime chapter 19 . 8/13/2010
Draco hit the wall with a jarring force, taking the brunt of the impact on his back where he would no doubt have bruises for a fortnight, but then his head snapped backwards from the abrupt spot.

I think you mean *stop* not spot.
Anon chapter 4 . 7/9/2010
Harry uses his wand in this chapter so the ministry should have detected his underage magic.
Helena Aeris chapter 24 . 5/2/2010
Sorry my next review's so late in the series. ." I'm trying to quell those lurking habits...

I still stand with what I've said about your characterization of Bill and Draco - they're not flawless, but they're really quite good, which basically means really good because they're both not very easy to write. Occasionally you slip up and there's a grammar mistake or two, but that's it. :)

Your writing, though, loses a bit of that "spectator" feeling I previously wrote about. I also think that sometimes Dumbledore's spoken language becomes rather OOC. If there's one thing that bothers me, though, it's Laney's character. She attended Hogwarts first year, so I'd say she's at least eleven, but sometimes you write her as if she's six - especially with her asking Draco to lull her to sleep and the painting she made (Blobs? I know some have little artistic talent, but I'm quite sure we were all past the blob stage when we're eleven) . I know this is to endear her, but... I don't know. :/

Please don't take this the wrong way. I'm like this with all my reviews. It's just that I think you could write better, and that I preferred the prequel to this story.

I'm curious, so I shall read on :)
-H.A.
leanne chapter 8 . 4/21/2010
the frenc draco says actually means

"I know the skies bursting in flashes, and the waterspouts And the undertows and the currents: I know the evening the paddle exaltée* as well as people of doves And I saw some time what the man believed to see!"

*exaltée isnt a word
Pazia28 chapter 1 . 4/14/2010
I love your work
Liz chapter 9 . 1/5/2010
... there's something I don't get - you said that Snape would only allow O standard students... and then something about Draco, Hermione and two Ravenclaws, but I thought Draco got straight Es... ?

Otherwise great chapter.