Reviews for Confutatis
Cats chapter 17 . 7/30/2012
I do feel sad that this story is not finished... it sounds like it only needs like, one or two chapters, so that is why I am sad. However, your profile does mention your evil job, and what not, so I am assuming you are valiantly working to finish this story slowly, but surely. I look forward to seeing it finished one day. :]
janechong chapter 3 . 7/11/2012
The way you describe Vergil's personality is quite fitting, but there is a misinterpretation on Vergil's behavior. Although Vergil is an antagonist in DMC series, he is never evil. His motive is quite pure and straight forward, that is his desire to gain power. Vergil distains his human side and more willing to embraces his devil heritage because after witness the death of his mother, he (as the eldest son in the family) felt that it was his responsibility to protect his mother. He felt guilty due to his weak and powerless state for not able to save her. That's why Vergil was so obsessed of gaining power in DMC3. Especially his famous quote of "
Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything, let alone yourself" reveals his motive to gain power to protect ppl he holds dear.

It is very interesting to study Vergil's behavior. Some say he hated Dante and wants him dead. But I think Vergil still cares for his little brother although he shows little compassion. I noticed in DMC3 during the first battle, Vergil could have kill Dante when he defeated him (dante). But I think Vergil stabbed Dante using Rebellion as he intended to awake the devil power within Dante. And after his final duel with Dante, he urged Dante to leave him so that he (dante) won't trapped in the Demon world with him. Did you notice how everytime Dante showed up, Vergil's mood seems to be, urm, happier?

Another thing is he respect Sparda and held greatly to his pride and honour. eg. not using gun. Seeing him as manipulative and calculating is just so...weird. I personally think Vergil has a pure side, as in his intention is pure and he doesn't hide what he think. Vergil and Dante may have polar opposite personality, but deep in the root they share the same soul and have great similarity especially their stubbornness. That's why he is so badass and everyone loves him. XD
b chapter 17 . 8/5/2011
I snuck up to read this until my eyes hurt. ...Then I said screw it, I must finish the chapter before I sleep. Thank you for writing this! I hope you'll continue it one day. (Half-written next chapter right?)
Tamaki chapter 16 . 8/1/2011
I just want to say you have a beautiful story and I hope one day you finish it. - Hopefully you will get the writing bug again.
katya chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
This is my first review ever. I have to hand it to you, the story is so creative and manages to incorporate a thousand different things in it, its wondeful! im not a gamer and so i have no clue about devil may cry, but i vaguely know the characters and some of their back stories, and u have managed to blend every one so well! keep going, i cant wait till you post the next one!
Darling Drusilla chapter 17 . 5/31/2009
mou, Nero's not in here...unless Virgil is reborn as Nero!He does have a freaky Virgil ghost and possesion of Yamato...

BTW, meant to review a long time ago on the fic before this but I'm a bit lazy and it was like, three in the morning. Both are fantastic and I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter.

Also, I love the references, don't quite know some of them, but most of them i do know, or know of at the very least. Love the cactuar ringtone, though i expected it to be something like 'I'm fighting Angara Manyu to protect the cactuar village. But, meh. Anyways, update soon, it's summertime now so no "I have finals" excuses or anything like that.

so, ttyl, can't wait to read more.
Saris Yui chapter 17 . 8/25/2008
This an complete masterpiece I started reading the first ark yesterday and I could not stop untill I got here. I stopped for work and that's it well a little sleep as well. This is breathtaking and heart stopping and you pull me in with powerplay writing and twist and turns. I read story in alot of different anime from here to Naruto to Princess Tutu to twilight the book. But your story justed sparked imgination in me thanks and I can't wait for more. I hope Robin and Amon get a little more screen time I want them to stop playing tug o war with there feelings.

Enjoy Writing be cool!

Saris Yui
busoshwe chapter 17 . 7/22/2008
Woo! All caught up (finally)! I knew this lag at work would be good for something (Cleaning out my inbox!). Wow. I like the progression of this story, and I liked the way you broke it up into two stories, the first centering around Beatrice & this one now centering around Lucifer. I like the many subplots going on and am impressed that you can keep them all straight!

I wonder how well Robin will be able to hide her feelings from Dante and Amon if she thinks she is the one that has to be sacrificed (And I wouldn't put it past you to pick her, either). LOVE that last scene between Amon & Nagira. "You have no idea." Ha!

I hope you plan on explaining just what happened to Solomon and with Amon's daughter at some point too!

Okay, that's it. Finally. Can't wait for the rest of it! Hope you're still doing well and that the new job is going well!
busoshwe chapter 14 . 7/22/2008
Well, I was going to skip and wait until the end and write you one more giant response rather than each individual chapter but this one merited a response. I had a sudden Jesus Christ Superstar moment at the end, when Lucifer was talking to Vergil I could just imagine a choir in the background going "Well done Vergil...Good Old Vergil..."

I like the connection Robin & Amon had, ever so briefly. It's like the town the Robin & in are almost in a parallel time & space, a way for Lucifer to manipulate everything to play into his hand, and to keep Amon out. Very clever (You and him)!

Watched the Flight of the Conchords clips, TOO FUNNY (I love David Bowie)!

More prattle later..
busoshwe chapter 10 . 7/21/2008
YAY! She got her memories back!

I like that Sakaki & Doujima are at least going to put aside their differences to help Robin & them. Or at least it seems like Doujima is willing to help, she doesn't have any more hidden agendas, does she?

Ha! ULE. Could be rather catchy & save film makers time from trying to disguise a Toronto forest as actually being..France.

Willem Dafoe is pretty creepy. Though you lost me on that whole reference.

Thank gods Amon gave in, I hope this is the last time I have to put up with his stubbornness (At least in regards to Robin)! And Fr. Juliano is going to be a bad figure? Or haven't you decided (Or you have and I'm just still lagging behind..)?
busoshwe chapter 9 . 7/21/2008
ZOMG. I can't even Count the references in this chapter!

You're not going to do anything outrageous like having Dante & Vergil makeup by the end of the story are you?

My dreams are often just about as odd as yours..but not nearly as violent and Samuel Jackson rarely makes appearences. The Hoff dream would have been a nightmare, however.

I liked Vergil's dream, and your interpretation of the ending of DMC.

(My job really needs to pick up or you'll be super sick of me by time I'm done reading!)
busoshwe chapter 8 . 7/18/2008
Me again Margaret. ;-) Just read up on Baba Yaga, and I swear I've read a story or seen an anime with a house similar to hers but for the life of me I can't remember what or where (Or maybe it was in a preview for Howl's Moving Castle..)

Why is it that in all stories that have some Big Bad(tm) trying to take over the world they have everything and everyone moving around like chess pieces? Does he think just cause he's Lucifer and has had centuries to plan all this that he can just walk around like he owns the place? Sheesh. _

You just love the UST and angst, don't ya?
busoshwe chapter 7 . 7/18/2008
And I'm back. (My job really needs to start getting some work in or you'll get your own book from me! I too have had a job & home change since last we talked, also on completely separate occasions)

Lovely chapter. I really want to go visit Japan, your description of Osorezan is wonderful; along with all the others you've had. (I had to go wiki it and now I'm reading up on Japanese funeral customes before I go read more on Baba Yaga. Very bored at work)

I've bought the first two DMC DVD's but I haven't had a chance to watch them. I haven't been watching too much TV lately (Hockey off season and all), mostly I play catch up on Bleach.

busoshwe chapter 6 . 7/17/2008
*Returning from the dead to haunt the dear author* No you haven't gotten rid of me bugging you (Expect many reviews in the near future to follow as hopefully I can finally catch up with you). Haha!

LOVE the title of the chapter. I love the video, with Christopher Walken dancing around and stuff.

That was a really long chapter. Hm. Loved the "Get To Know Vergil" info (for those of us not familiar with DMC), though I wonder at his true motivation to get Amon to control his craft. And I like the training sequence and how Robin came to the realization it was no longer targets but humans and her reaction to that.

I sadly haven't touched DMC in ages, I got sucked into the Prince of Persia games.

Megan Consoer chapter 17 . 7/15/2008
I really like this story alot. Can you please write some more chapters?