Reviews for The Nature of Fire
ThatLittleThing chapter 1 . 11/29/2013
"This is about me not becoming you."

Masterful.
Rago Dragovian chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
But it does matter why. It always does...
NeuroticNerd chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
Oh, you my dear, are versatile. Very versatile indeed. Well done :)
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
Good.
SnapeAngel chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
intense

mm
hermionestargazer chapter 1 . 1/11/2008
"He blinks, hesitating, and thinks that revelations should come more loudly, shine more brightly - epiphanies aren't supposed to be quiet. He shouldn't feel like he's saying something he's known all along, deep down."

Ok ... can we say "breathtaking"! This is so incredibly full of simple truth, it's overflowing! Right on!

E.
Mother of Tears chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
Excellent story. Dwelling in the darkness of anger and hate makes one dark.
PutMoneyInThyPurse chapter 1 . 10/22/2006
"Just now. Just this moment. Just faded moonlight through a grimy window, just shadows upon shadows blanketing the corners of the room, just glistening dust motes suspended in midair, swaying with each awkwardly loud exhalation, each jerking, uncertain motion of the two men."

See, you did this before in Grey - using setting as a metaphor for the action. "Faded moonlight" reflecting the enthusiasm and 'light of battle' that is now faded, the 'shadows upon shadows' which are shades of meaning, shades of grey, nothing black-and-white anymore, and the 'dust motes' suspended in midair, a metaphor for human beings themselves, Ahrry and Snape nothing more than insignificant little creatures in the vast universe, 'suspended' on the edge of fate, of action, in that moment where action is still undecided. The "just...just...just" parallel structure is great too.

BTW, I love your perfect English, and your betaedness (is that even a word?) and also your ability to tell a long story in relatively few words.
BornofStarlight chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
Oh my God, squee. This is absolutely amazing! Short, sweet, and doesn't beat around the bush. You gave just enough background to make the ending twice as profound as it may have been, and not too much background that it was overy wordy. The balance was perfect. My hat - were I wearing one - is off to you.

Fox
Satira chapter 1 . 7/19/2006
I liked the storyline and the basic plot, though I wasn't as fond of the analogy. Still makes sense, though, so I guess it works.
FrodoBeutlin chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
sounds good
Samara-chan chapter 1 . 7/15/2006
Eloquent and insightful. Superb writing, excellent portrayal of Harry - making a REALLY nice one-shot. Kudos to you!
Thirteen Ravens chapter 1 . 7/12/2006
Angsty, and very good. I like it!

"This isn't about you...this is about me not becoming you."

Very interesting!

Though I guess if Harry dispatched Voldemort, and Snape dispatched Dumbledore then they're pretty much the mirror image of each other, though one more light than dark...or perhaps they are both just shades of grey?

;o)
Hekate101 chapter 1 . 7/5/2006
Wa-ow.
Kirinin chapter 1 . 7/2/2006
Wow. You really made me shiver, there. I have goosebumps, honestly!

I have to wonder how Harry reached this understanding... it seems almost counter to his character. In a one-shot it is difficult to see how, exactly, he reached this place of comprehension around the nature of revenge and hate. Still, this is entirely forgivable due to the short nature of the fic and the fluidity of your prose.

I especially like the repetition, here, of "murder's murder, no matter the excuse". Despite the fact that I don't agree, it's a marvelous and rare leap of logic between Harry applying this concept to Snape and then managing to apply it to himself, realizing his potential hypocrisy. It's something that Harry rarely does in canon, often holding others to standards to which he does not care to be held. (For instance, Dumbledore habitually withholds information from Harry, which makes Harry quite angry, but it's okay for Harry to do the same to his friends... double-standard.) Your Harry shows a sudden and welcome maturity here.

Loved it! Keep writing. :)

-K