Reviews for An Angel With Broken Wings
emeraldphan chapter 1 . 1/19/2014
That was brilliant! So sad, but a perfect interpretation of the film's events, with your own little touches as well. I love this version.
Sarah Crawford chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
Yay Charles Dance fic. Love the angst. This isn't much different than the movie, bust still a good read. Nice work.
ThePhantomsFlutist chapter 1 . 12/1/2007
Okay, I had to review this one as well. I LOVED IT! I cried all the way through it. I adore the Charles Dance version of Erik! Why can't one of the Phantom's live in any of the real versions? I mean seriously. I loved this though. Excellent!
geckogirl chapter 1 . 4/16/2007
I'm close to crying...yes that was sufficiently angsty, and done with amazing imagery...*holds out hand* I want my cookie._
this is not a pipe chapter 1 . 2/6/2007
A wonderful yet slightly tragic take on the Charles Dance version. Not enough people have seen it, which is a pity since it tops the movie by quite a bit.

Well, way to make me depressed. If you can do that, you're good to go. I HAD hoped for a happier ending, because the Charles Dance version seemed to make Erik's life just slightly less miserable, not too much, but a bit. So a happier ending would have been lovely, but, alas, the Phantom of the Opera is what it is-tragic.

Excuse the mindless rambling. Lovely job, and keep up the good work.
L chapter 1 . 1/16/2007
Lovely! I adore the Charles Dance version of Poto, and though some say he is too 'defanged', I have always felt it is a very dark version. You have successfully captured the tragic air of Erik's death, and Christine's love for him, which could never be. I was expecting Erik and Christine to find love, and have Erik live, you surprised me by keeping the original ending, and having Erik be killed. Your writing is beautiful, here is one of my favorite examples: To Christine it was as if she were watching an angel fall from heaven, that is so poetic, and incredibly heart wrenching, just fabulous! I think the saddest line is when Gerard is looking at Christine, and thinking that under different circumstances, Christine and Erik could have married. The Charles Dance version is one of the few versions of Poto (in my opinion)that Christine could have realistically stayed with Erik, and not destroyed herself in the process. Whoa, I am writing one heck of a long review, sorry, I would just like to finish up by thanking you for such a beautiful story! You are a talented writer! Also, I don't think this needed an "M" rating, the violence was not overdone, I think "T" would suffice. Thank-you so much, I would love to see more Charles Dance fics from you in the future, there really aren't enough good ones!

Thanks,

L
xMkx too lazy to log-in chapter 1 . 6/21/2006
That was certainly sufficiently angsty enough dear.

I was very close to tears.

You did a lovely job.

Keep up the good work. 3
kristina chapter 1 . 6/15/2006
I just love that a fic has finally been written on this movie! And you did a great job too. A bit short, but good. Now if only someone would write a fic on the Robert Englund movie! That would be something. *hint* ;-)
anonymous chapter 1 . 6/14/2006
You described it well, but I wish you wouldn't have used the ending to the miniseries Phantom of the Opera. Nothing really came as a surprise since I've already seen it.