Reviews for What Might Have Been
Von chapter 2 . 9/11/2007
Oh, ouch. That is the worst kind of unrequited love. When you're logically aware that it can't be and why, and are focused on trying to make it better..

But you can't stop feeling the pain, no matter what your mind screams at your heart.

Nicely done! Spot-on look at Rose's potential issue, there.
Spoofmaster chapter 4 . 4/6/2007
Nice characterization and conflict, but I thought the conversation between Rose and Reinette was a little too easy. Also, is this really complete? It leaves off at a bit of an odd moment.
Fanficer Lore chapter 4 . 11/17/2006
Very good. I'm glad you didn't make Reinette out to be a bitch like some others do (although, I'm not so quick to dislike those kind of stories cuz I love me some drama, jealousy and angst) :p

Rose and Reinette talking was well done. And now that the Doctor has finally noticed something's wrong. That's good too. Can't wait to read more.
Lady-Mearle chapter 4 . 9/10/2006
This is the first Reinette fic I've ever read, and I'm just glad it's a good one!

x
anonimous chapter 4 . 9/10/2006
so far, great, but i wanna know more. is there going to be more?
NearlyHeadlessNic chapter 4 . 9/8/2006
O...I like this. This is good stuff. Keep going...the dynamics between the three are well written. :)

NHNic x
Skoellya Seyth chapter 4 . 9/7/2006
I admit I don't like Reinette but you hsve written her as a very believable and intelligent character keep it up ;)
FireSign chapter 4 . 9/7/2006
Why, oh why, does this say complete? It's an error, right? *crosses fingers* And now for an actual review...

Characterization- I think I may love you, just a little. Not only have you managed to capture the voices, but you haven't made Reinette a stupid bitch. That is in and of itself impressive. And qualifying the Doctor's love with "dearest friend" is perfect.

Writing Style- You use a wide varitey of sentence structures, and have a wonderful grasp of character-appropriate language.

Ways to Improve- Can't think of anything specific. I wouldn't mind seeing an example of how Reinette isn't completely adapted to the lifestyle; it's highly unlikely that she would fit right in. I'm prety much grasping at straws though.
Elvaralind Not logged in chapter 4 . 9/7/2006
I really like this concept. I've read several Reinette-bashing fics, but even though Rose is jealous, I like the fact that she is at least trying to be friends with Reinette without petty revenge and driving her out. The way I see it, it's not Reinette's fault the Doctor is her fanboy!

Keep it up! If there gets to be anything with Rose/Doctor, then I'm not complaining! ;)
A Tye chapter 4 . 9/7/2006
Really amazing story. I can't wait to see more.
Scout Girl chapter 4 . 9/6/2006
Love the Jackie referance
Jazz chapter 2 . 7/14/2006
Wow! More please! You capture Rose's feelings really well
skyfast chapter 2 . 7/12/2006
this is a really great story.
babygeek310 chapter 2 . 7/12/2006
Hey I've just read the fic and I think its great. I really like how you've added a Reinette's P.O.V, its always good to know how every character is feeling. Well I hope you add more soon.
Commodore Norrington chapter 1 . 6/21/2006
Whoa. That's really an interesting thought. Of course, my initial reaction is, "No!" but then you got me thinking. There are a lot of interesting repercussions that could be explored.

I love how the Doctor is, of course, completely oblivious. And Reinette knows exactly what's going on. Completely believable. And I totally love how Rose decides to accept Reinette and try to get along. It's very Rose.

Nicely done!