Reviews for Something Awful This Way Comes
cerealkiller49 chapter 1 . 10/16/2016
God this story is the best. Mind linking some of the stories that exemplifies these cliches? They sound positively hilarious.

Also, it's "whom shall I give myself to"
MADMAN chapter 1 . 8/15/2015
Blame you? I thank you. This prove how garbage Eva fics really are. That fact this was made years ago shows eva fics has not gotten batter either. One that comes to mind is nobody dies which has all these damn clichés yet fans think is a good fanfic. Lameman other stories has these clichés too but as long psycho boy is banging his fellow female pilots just to hide the fact he is gay, the homophobic fans could care less. I also like how you point out poor kensuke is dumbed down in stories as being a guy who only think about eva cause fans don't like him. Eva fics are garbage.
leroygordon chapter 1 . 8/25/2013
Kuno? You have Shinji channeling Kuno?

I was just waiting for Yui to start dancing around crying "Wah! My son is so manly!"

Love it.
Ranma-sensei chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
Wow, this was... bad.

While you managed to do as you promised, the first scene is totally IC up to the point where Shinji speaks up. Better luck next time. :P

But seriously, good job at this thing. We need to remind ourselves of clichés in order to stay original - or at least funny.

Greetz,
Ran
Toriano.Flacko chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
Had wondered what was happening when there was an axe and he apparently cut off his finger at some point.

Then, in a tactic not unfamiliar, "It began to resemble itself." Or rather, all semblance of import grew flippers and decided to fly out the window spewing cardboard boxes from its rear end in a fit of boredom.

Wait, all of that was cliches? Noted (NOTE: Do... not... do... in this... order) Thank you, sir!

LATER!
leolova chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
LOL. It was so funny to read...
Blue Flyhight chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
lol. Very funny. I agree, you did a good job, even though I don't read Evangelion very often.
traCky skAAr chapter 1 . 8/4/2008
xD hahaha that was most funny parody I read so far! smexy
This is my name chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
Great parody! A tiny bit of iffy grammar, but I suppose I should be complaining that this story is entirely in English. What kind of parody is it, if we can actually read it in the intended language?

I wanted to quote all my favorite lines here, but there ended up being too many...
Greenfang chapter 1 . 11/20/2007
Very smart, very funny! I loved it!
Niveous chapter 1 . 10/22/2007
All I can say is "lol"

That one part with Gendo screaming "rei!" to get more air time.

I think that and a story which I can't remember where Gendo takes out a sock puppet and says " Your the only one who understands me socko"
Jeremy chapter 1 . 3/1/2007
I love your satire.

Just. Everything.

"Just then for no reason, Unit-01 spit up Ikari Yui, who promptly dusted herself off and approached her son."

"And they all lived happily ever after. Until Kaworu popped up and made Shinji question his sexuality. But since a disgusting majority of writers and readers are homophobic and narrow minded, he eventually wound up with Asuka. Or Rei. Whatever."

Thank you for writing this, for so many reasons.
MidnightCereal chapter 1 . 10/6/2006
I actually read this when you had first posted it. I don't know why I waited so long to review...

Anyway. This brand of silliness is right up my alley. Just like like a mother's knee to to her husband's manhood. It actually made me laugh outloud, and when I read I never do that. I mean...it's been *years*. The cliches you've lampooned in this story are exactly the reason why I love ACC's and well-explained OOCness. Change is so, so good.
Merridian chapter 1 . 8/21/2006
You know, I'd be able to forgive him for just about everything Gendo apologized for at the end, except one thing; charging five bucks for a cup of coffee at headquarters is simply horrendous. That other stuff isn't so bad, but FIVE BUCKS? jezus christ! No wonder everyone at NERV is psychologically damaged!

I'd say 'great job' or 'awesome', but I think you've heard that from enough people already. So I'll just complain about the coffee and blame you like you deserve to be blamed.

...FIVE BUCKS?
LastStandofAchilles chapter 1 . 7/26/2006
That was awesome, especially the apology by Gendo.

Keep up the good...er...sloppy and lazy work!