Reviews for Monsters
Gyreflight chapter 7 . 5/19/2010
I like to see Chloe-focussed stories, especially your Chloe, and I like the fact that here, while it’s certainly true that the relationship between she and Jack is an important part of who she is, it’s not all she is. She does love Jack, and Jack is therefore woven inextricably into her thoughts… but the driving force here is Chloe herself.

Again, you do a great job of portraying a perspective on the world which is several degrees askew from the norm, a level of reliance on logic which doesn’t preclude emotion – and the ability to switch up a mental gear altogether to reach Chloe’s ‘Zone’. Her thought processes feel genuine, and her constant information gathering and correlation (a dead leaf in cold stream water, the pattern of blood spatter on her shirt) seems natural to her. The fact that she doesn’t seem able to properly judge her own actions (heroes don’t get scared), perhaps also fits in with her personality disorder, as she doesn’t necessarily understand why other people react the way they do.

There were a couple of associated things that really stick in my mind from this – the POW story which links so beautifully to Chloe’s later actions, and the demonstration of the power of choice, even in apparent powerlessness. ‘I choose’ and ‘mine to give’ are amazingly resonant phrases.

I also really enjoyed the ‘happy thoughts’ of Chloe’s detailed fantasy about dancing on her captors’ graves – and particularly the fact that at the end, she is looking forward to carrying through on that fantasy (John’s earlier utter failure to understand what she was thinking also appealed to me).

Nice job.

~Gyre/flight
kelloell chapter 7 . 9/17/2006
Great story! I think you portrayed Chloe very well and I hope you will continue to write about her.
erica1531 chapter 7 . 9/14/2006
Fabulous ending to a fantastic story!
Screwball McNalley chapter 7 . 9/13/2006
Hehe, a road trip with them would be interesting now wouldn't it...
Jessie611 chapter 7 . 9/13/2006
I just love how you portray Chloe, so strong yet vulnerable at the same time. I'm only sorry it's over. Well done!
Laura's Fantasia chapter 7 . 9/13/2006
Happy ending! Hooray! Happy endings are good. Will there be another sequel? Please?
Flame31 chapter 7 . 9/12/2006
Good chapter.
Claire CM chapter 7 . 9/12/2006
I love this fic! I'm so thrilled to see it's updated. Great work as ususal :)
chezlovesyou chapter 7 . 9/11/2006
HAH, absoultley brilliant! great job... can you just do a one shot about Chloe dancing on the terrorists' grave? it would be funny... just kidding, but excellent work!
To Write Love On My Arm chapter 7 . 9/11/2006
LUVED THIS STORY! So sad it's over :(...DId ya ever think about Jack being found and then being told about Chloe, and then havin' a J/C moment? You shoud. Please...

XOXO

Anne
Screwball McNalley chapter 6 . 9/2/2006
Ng, my nose is about three inches away from the computer screen, please let chloe live! Please also be updating soon!
Laura's Fantasia chapter 6 . 9/1/2006
What? You can't have killed Chloe. It's not fair. Please say the bullet missed her heart and she can recover. Please?
erica1531 chapter 6 . 8/31/2006
You just keep bringing the awesome, don’t you? There’s almost nothing that explores Chloe as a character in her own right, and you do such a stellar job with it. (I’ve tried many times. And invariably failed. It’s HARD, and that’s why I appreciate your writing so much.)

Anyway, what I’m saying is: such major, major kudos for your work with Chloe. You’re probably the only author in the fandom who does her justice.

There. Now I got that lovefest out of my system.

Now, on a more chapter-relevant note: CHLOE!
Tigerlily Brown chapter 6 . 8/29/2006
AAH! Update soon!
MissRiverBanks chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
Love your story. Although I am a fan of the Chloe/Jack 'ship, I'm an even bigger fan of Chloe. My favorite stories are the ones that show Chloe as more than just someone who is in love with Jack and your story does a great job of exploring the mystery that is Chloe. [There doesn't exactly appear to be an overabundance of Chloe fic that has nothing to do with her love/hero worship of Jack]. Thanks so much for creating this story.
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »