Reviews for Small Steps
Gianna di Fiori chapter 14 . 1/4
Another well done story, 3rdgal! Exceptional!
Cutter12 chapter 14 . 10/20/2011
Hey! I like Jello. :D

Interesting story on how Don slowly comes to accept help from his family and others. Thanks for writing this.
csimesser1 chapter 14 . 12/14/2009
that was good loved it
EmptySky chapter 14 . 5/9/2009
That we’re put right into action with the first chapter already was interesting, because everyone wonders what has happened to Don to be injured and in the hospital or on the way to it, obviously. It’s not put up with much basic information, such as an accident or a case gone wrong, and you anticipate the reason for the current situation. I like that, it’s sort of refreshing to read. This is not the typical injury-story, which makes me even more eager to read through all the chapters as soon as I can. Being injured on the job is something that happens often – there are very good stories with that the main topic – but this is something comparably new to me; an injury while visiting Charlie.

Not that I’ve ever been in an explosion, or witnessed one, but I feel that Don has been lucky to get away with the injury he had there. It probably could have been much worse, with broken bones or more serious internal bleeding. What’s nice to read it the family bond that’s there without a doubt. Both Alan and Charlie are there at the hospital, to be company for him and to keep him entertained. Charlie reading for Don until he fell asleep really was cute )

The complications fitted the story line just fine. The way his family was there for Don right after the surgery, with stroking his head and holding his hand made me happy. It showed the strong family bond again, and that they’re there for the other unconditionally. On another note, not really related to the story; I do agree with one thing Don said about his lunch… sometimes, hospital food looks and tastes like slime. I remember being in the hospital and being actual worse for wear because just looking at the food made me sick to my stomach. Back to the story now, Don breaking down was also something I expected. Being laid up in hospital is really something extreme that gets to one’s nerves after a while. It’s not the regular situation, and especially in Don’s state – there for a longer period, in pain, and with the prospect of not working for two months – it was to be expected. Taking “Small Steps” as title was fitting. This was a very thought-through story written in a nice style. I liked it a lot.
merryw chapter 14 . 6/25/2006
That was OUTSTANDING!
thebondgirl chapter 14 . 6/22/2006
hey there! sorry i didn't get a chance to review those past few chapters, but i'm here now, and i have to say that i adore this fic!:):):) it wasn't excesivly or pointlessly angsty, but still had enough to make me anxious to read each knew bit:P great humour in this last chappy too!:):) - (man is charlie in for it when don catches him!:)lol) so anyways, again, loved this piece - keep up the excellent work!:):):)
JennK528 chapter 14 . 6/20/2006
Thanks for another wonderful story of the family Eppes! I love how you write the interaction between the boys and Alan - that's the best part of the show for me, and you do such a good job with that. And some Don h/c certainly doesn't hurt, either - no pun intended...

Loved it.
NidrianRuuthane chapter 14 . 6/20/2006
Very nice, well written.

Good job.

A Thing For Brothers chapter 14 . 6/20/2006
OMG! That was an awesome story! I can't wait for another one of yours! They're all so great. Great job with this! I love it!
RiderOfRohan3019 chapter 14 . 6/20/2006
That was a great ending. can't wait to read another story from you. I loved the jello thing. That was funny.
Elysium1996 chapter 12 . 6/20/2006
hi I really liked your story. especially this line

Okay, my Don Eppes conversion calculator tells me you're probably at an eight or nine by now

that was good. and the whole jello thing. very funny
TangledPencils chapter 14 . 6/19/2006
Fantastic story, have enjoyed every minute of it.

Even though I like jelly, I'll never look at lime jelly the same way again, pmsl.

Look forward to your next story.
AndyCake chapter 14 . 6/19/2006
This has been a very enjoyable piece. I loved the interaction with Charlie and Don, especially Don finally opening up a bit and trusting his brother.

Well done!
RiderOfRohan3019 chapter 9 . 6/18/2006
Great chapter, yet again. You must do a lot of research for this story. I love it.
TangledPencils chapter 9 . 6/18/2006
Wow, great stuff, excellent chapters. Please continue soon.