Reviews for Define Mercy
scryoko chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
Oh, this is very good, and the explanation was why Kurama and Hiei served the same sentence was great too.
Just 2 Dream of You chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
*cries like a baby* Excellent!
The Countess of Monte Cristo chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
Heavens, how lovely was that? I've read and Favorited it before, but I had to reread it because I've harbored an idea for something similar for a while, and I wanted to reread your thoughts. It was absolutely perfect. The telepathic cries were especially powerful. The end was pure Nirvana!
pupeez4eva chapter 1 . 5/10/2011
FINALLY A GOOD STORY THAT ISN'T YAOI!

i'm so sick of kurama/hiei. i'm always on the lookout for stories that portray them as the best friends they are. THEY ARE NOT TOGETHER PEOPLES - GET THAT INTO YOUR HEAD!

ur story was perfect
AlleluiaElizabeth chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
I, er... wow. This was a GREAT fic. Good story point to explore, to start with. Plus, you kept Kurama and Koenma completely in character. You really elaborated on Koenma's possible thought process and motives behind giving Hiei parole. I always sort of wished there was a flashback to show why Koenma decided to parole Hiei how he did. If there had been, I would hope it was something similar to this.

And can I emphasize again how in character Kurama was? It sounded exactly like him, from his words to his thoughts, to the things that were left unsaid. You also did a good job of showing what Kurama knew about Hiei at the time, with Yukina and all. For some reason I had never made the connection between the desire to regain his power by stealing the artifacts and his desire to find and protect Yukina, whom he lacked the power to locate at the time. (Thinking on it now, I suppose it was all but spelled out for me in the last episodes with Hiei's flashback in 109. Oh well. lol)

But regardless, you just gave me more insight into the canon story. I love it when fics do that, especially fics that are as well written as this one. I didn't even mind that it was technically a song fic! (Though it helps that I actually know and *like* that song. lol)

The ending line from Kurama was great. I think it could have stood even without the song lyrics. I read the story, skipping the lyrics once I realized that's what they were, and the last line still made sense and was powerful. Probably because of Kuramaw and Koenma's conversation brought up the question of what exactly Hiei was projecting and the last line tied that thread.

So yeah, great story. :)
StillThereForMe chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
Again, I love the "behind the scenes" fics you have here, and this one seems to fit in perfectly. Hiei does seem the type to be exteremely claustrophobic. And of course Kurama would be the one to come and try to save him. :)

Great fic all in all.
Lord Youko chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
Awesome! And my favourite song too
cdkobasiuk chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
Like Whoa. Interesting concept. Great writing.

cdk
Alquawende chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
Nice story. I enjoyed it. The characterization was perfect. _ Thanks for writing!
loretta537 chapter 1 . 3/15/2009
ah so sweet
Lunadia chapter 1 . 2/5/2009
beautiful. I also have a 2 songfics starring hiei and kurama with this song, but I haven't typed them up yet. they're nothing like this one though, and your angle for it is great.

~~Luna~~
Amanda Fair chapter 1 . 1/31/2009
OMG. I love this story! The song is perfect, the fic is beautiful, and I love the whole brother relationship between Kura and Hi. I despise yaoi, so it's a brother relationship to me. Good job!
KaL KeY chapter 1 . 1/6/2009
i loved this story! great job!
Shadow Elf Warrior chapter 1 . 7/19/2008
mrew, i love this story. i've actually read it about four times now, and i downloaded the song, and have been listening to it almost non-stop.

i have and idea for a story based on this one, but because of that, i was hoping to get your approval for my writing and consequently posting it. i'll even put it in my disclaimer that i got my idea from you. do you mind if i do so?
dark Archer chapter 1 . 7/16/2008