Reviews for The Ties that Bind
Germany11 chapter 11 . 7/11
Loved this fanfic _
SouthParkKenny chapter 11 . 12/14/2016
I absolutely adored this. I've been reading it for 2 days and couldn't stop when I was reading. Bravo
JaviiRojo chapter 1 . 3/22/2016
magnific
Secret Cry-Baby chapter 11 . 11/29/2015
This fic... had me all over the place.

It had me hating Cartman, a character that I usually like, then sympathizing with him, then liking him again, and then hating him in a big, emotional loop. It had me shipping Stan/Kyle, something I never thought I'd do, as I've found it kinda cliche until I read this fic. It had me laughing, screaming, tearing my hair in desperation, and I even had to take a break in the middle since the tension was too much to bear at the moment.

In other words, it was an awesome story and I loved it!
tmi420 chapter 5 . 11/28/2015
God, I hate reading my old reviews. They're so retarded. Anyway, although I don't ship Kyman this way at all, or consider Kyle to be easily victimized by Cartman, I do appreciate the uniqueness of the story; and find the way you write Cartman's POV to be interesting and entertaining. That's basically why it appeals to me; in case my prior reviews gave the impression that I shipped them abusively.
tmi420 chapter 4 . 10/2/2015
Rereading this, and I totally take back my comment in my review about hitting the head on the nail about how fucked up the Kyman relationship would be. Looking back, I don't know why I said that. It would obviously be a pretty complex relationship, but I don't actually ship it in such an abusive way. I just wanted to correct myself/clarify that, but I still like this fanfic for what it is.
tmi420 chapter 3 . 4/18/2015
I also like how, when Cartman rescues Kyle, he's like, "'Ey! Get away from mah Jew." (But (I have to say this again) the scene where Cartman makes fun of Kyle's situation and does nothing to interfere is, like, one of the best things I've ever read. It seriously tickled my funny bone. That weird?)
tmi420 chapter 2 . 4/18/2015
One more thing (I think): You hit the head on the nail with just how fucked up the Kyman relationship could (would probably) truly be. I think that's what makes this fanfiction so appealing to me. (Oh, yeah... I love how Sheila was freaking out about Cartman's swastika poster, too.)
tmi420 chapter 1 . 4/18/2015
I also love that Cartman tries to protect Kyle from himself because he can't control himself around Kyle. And that part where Kyle tells Kenny that Cartman makes him feel alive. I felt that part was significant, since Kyle was currently in a suicidal state of mind.
tmi420 chapter 11 . 4/17/2015
This is one of the best fanfics I've ever read. Cartman's POV is my favorite; he's so manipulative and interesting. And in-character; you didn't try to make him a secretly okay person, like some writers tend to do. I love how he manipulates Kyle into having sex with him, and how Kyle ends up liking it; and how, at the end, Cartman can't understand how Kyle could like him after everything he's done; wonders if he fucked Kyle up. Everything about this is so bittersweet. I can't express how much I love it. Also, random, but my favorite scene is when Kyle is about to get gang banged, and Cartman just feigns surprise and goes, "Three at once? I never knew you were that much of a slut," and walks away, leaving Kyle to... well, get raped. I found it simultaneously humorous and dark.
BloodLusting chapter 11 . 11/10/2014
AWWWWWWWW! I loved it!
Guest chapter 8 . 9/24/2014
ok just read chapter 8 how the bloody hell r u gonna fix this srsly this is fucked up
annabell chapter 1 . 9/21/2014
I love your story and the hole butters and kenny matching I could not stop reading I just read the first paragraph and I was in love I found your writing by accident but I'm happy I found it. So good job your on of my favorite writers now
serendipityrain711 chapter 11 . 4/14/2014
Terrific kyman story! I liked how you didn't write them too sweet or lovey dove because that is not them...they are just two boys who like your story said "like people that piss them off" lol. There was a lot of tender moments though my favourite being kyle telling Kenny why he's with cartman is because "he makes him feel alive". So true about them because with that much passion and life between them it would make kyle and cartman want to be together. Don't think anyone else could make them feel like that. That's why I don't get stan X kyle fans. I think they are too much alike to work. They are meant to be best friends and that's it. Also it was really weird with cartman X Wendy but it worked good in your story. You did a amazing job keeping all of them in character especially kyle. One of the best kyman stories I ever read!
serendipityrain711 chapter 1 . 4/14/2014
Wow...you done it! In one chapter you perfectly described cartman and kyle. I call it the three As...Angst,Anger and Attraction. Thats Kyman to me and what happened in the music room between them you wrote exactly like i thought they would act when they were older. Terrifc opening chapter!