Reviews for One Blind House
Tbird chapter 1 . 7/6/2006
Everything is explained! But one question remains: Is House's blindness permanent?
Aspermoth chapter 5 . 7/6/2006
Oh. My. God. This is just... fucking brilliant. Sorry for the language, but I can't describe it in any other way. Well done.
kitkat11 chapter 5 . 7/6/2006
Can you explain the twelve hour thing, I got confused.
Rosi92 chapter 5 . 7/6/2006
Yay! Happy ending! Poor House :( But it all turned out okay in the end, didn't it...
Oni chapter 5 . 7/6/2006
That was funny and in character. I also liked the rythm of this last chapter very much. And I hope you'd like to further explore this blind!House/Wilson friendship.
Lady Syttea chapter 5 . 7/6/2006
*sob sob* You can't make it end! It's too good to end! I have to say, this is one of the fics that I couldn't get enough of. I hate finding good fics that aren't completed yet. A majority of the time the updates for those fics come REALLY slow. That's why I was so happy when this fic updated regularly. It was like you knew when to update so I could get my fix. _ I must say, I'm distraught that it's over. :(
Jadesfire chapter 5 . 7/6/2006
This was, without a doubt, one of the best constructed stories I've read on here. You've got the tone so very perfectly - House's self-pity and Wilson's devotion - without letting it slip too far in any direction. I read it all in one sitting and am so impressed! The dialogue is spot on and I loved the bits about the ties. Just perfect.
NidrianRuuthane chapter 5 . 7/6/2006
Good fic.

Armchair Elvis chapter 5 . 7/6/2006
Utterly bizarre and AU but I love the repetition. A nice angst-away-from-angst story, and great structure.

tubesox chapter 4 . 7/2/2006

Just wanted to say that I'm really enjoying this fic. Each element on its own is well written and makes me want to read more. While I do like the disjointed nature of this piece, how we can't really see the big picture yet and how that somehow adds depth to the blindness theme, I am a bit concerned that the smaller narratives are going to get lost in the shuffle. For instance, the thread about the ties is really poignant but at times it seems out of place or even just filler (which it's not!). Part of that might be the confusion in the timeline. This game of guessing which it something that was / will be done at the beginning of his reabilitation? Is it ongoing throughout the main narrative? It's bound to come to an end somewhere and I'm just worried that, when you do tie it to the main narrative, it won't mis well with the emotional ups and downs of the main section of your story. You have House going through a very convincing range, from stubborness and pride to vulnerability and denial, but the tie thing...although you aren't explicit with the emotions behind the words, it seems much less Up and Down. It seems more desperate (trying to cling to something tangible, to something he knows. Trying to cling to normality and humor. And in this section, giving up the illusion that guessing correctly, or even knowing, really matters) In a way, this is where you are most linear in terms of representing the emotions someone might go through after being blinded, because House is just all over the place in the main narrative...which makes me think that that takes place shortly after being blinded and the tie thing would have to be later on. Which is why I'm worried that there's a danger of it being lost the shuffle of Delayed Gratification. Each of the three narratives (ties, main, and now this backstory about the cause of blindness) is really interesting. I don't know what I think about how you're leading up to the backstory yet, because it's so knew. I like that it's House's POV. Not sure about it being an internal monologue, though. It's hard to pull that off when the rest of the story isn't, especially when you're playing around with time and setting. If you had started each chapter with a small section like this, it would have made more sense, or if it was part of a conversation, maybe with Wilson. But I'm confident that you can pull it off. I'm all for the suspense. It's just that I'd be curious to see this fic, after you're all finished with it, reworked into a more "traditional" fashion (i.e. a frame narrative and then flashback, with plenty of room to play around with POV) simply because a disability like this often follows the stages of grief and, though we've seen House go through that in fanfic dealing with his leg, seeing it in this setting would be an interesting twist (and mainly, I think there's an emotive quality in this fic that is being overwhelmed by the gimmicky structure).

Sorry if this long long review is out of line! I really do like the story, in case that got lost in this post :)
willywonka3435 chapter 4 . 7/2/2006
This is a really great story, and I can't wait to see what happens next. XD I'm enjoying trying to figure out how House became blind and the way you're revealing things slowly. So far I'm thinking either Wilson inadvertantly had something to do with it or Wilson's feeling guilty because it happened to House while he wasn't there...?
Aspermoth chapter 4 . 7/2/2006
This is intriguing and I am desperate for more. Please tell me what's going on, please? D
Erikstrulove chapter 4 . 7/2/2006
House needs a dog... he could train it to tell him when Cuddy's comming or something.

Awesome story! Can't wait to see what happens next!
Caerulea chapter 4 . 7/2/2006
Thing is, I *do* agree with the other reviewers who are enjoying the measured and mysterious unwinding of the events and the riveting character moments. I *do*. It's just that the waiting is agony, ya know?
elliott ashes chapter 4 . 7/2/2006
This is a great story, I think you kept everyone in character very well. I like how you are gradually revealing what happened. Update soon!
105 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »